Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 07-15-2016, 11:29   #46
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX View Post
Here, assuming the translation is correct.
Original source.
Thank you for posting that link. I've read a bit of it, found some interesting snippets:

Quote:
Mr. Gregory Reibenberg, owner of restaurant La Belle Team. I lost the evening of November 13, the mother of my daughter and twelve relatives some of whom worked with me.
We will never prevent an assassin from being a murderer, and we will deploy all police and military all you want, it will change nothing. It is very easy to kill, and what should worry us is the number of individuals released into the wild that can take action tomorrow. It is against this that we must fight. Or what did you do since January 7, except put on the table the idea of ​​deprivation of nationality, symbolic measure my meaning completely useless? Is it seriously, when was an engine problem to be concerned about the color of the seats? I do not understand.

Quote:
Alexis M. Lebrun, a member of the association "Life for Paris - November 13, 2015." I was standing in the pit Bataclan on 13 November, where I waited death for an hour and a half before the intervention miraculous of a commissioner to come and save me and allow me to speak to you today.

September 18, 2015, the daily Le Figaro revealed via an information BFM TV, a Syria back from French jihadist to commit an attack in a concert hall was arrested in mid-August 2015, the Security Bureau indoor (ISB). Following the attacks of 13 November, Marc Trévidic, former anti-terrorist judge, said he had auditioned this suspected terrorist who had raised the idea of ​​an attack in a concert hall. At the end of August 2015, Mr. Trévidic is invited to leave office despite the threat. This movement was it timely?

That same September 18, RFI journalist expert in jihadism, David Thomson, spoke of the arrest of this man, and a poster of jihadist propaganda inciting to detonate grenades in concert halls.

On 7 January 2016, the daily Le Monde published a survey of the career of this man; it explains to have received from one of the coordinators of the events of November 13, the mission to commit an attack in France during a rock concert. The man arrested had told the investigators that this was going to happen very soon. Operative mode described in these hearings correspond exactly to that used by the perpetrators of the November 13, 2015. What measures have been taken in the meantime to ensure the safety of concert halls? Three months after his arrest and two months after these revelations, the threat is implemented at Bataclan , in Parisian terraces and the Stade de France. On 13 November 2015, the Bataclan fully booked and hosted more than 1500 people, but no security was deployed for this show: there were no police or military presence in front of the room and no search was was performed. Given the serious threat, proven, repeated and known to intelligence services, how is it possible that one of the greatest concert halls of Paris did not receive the same protections as those deployed around certain sensitive localities after the attacks in January 2015? How Vigipirate, then at its highest level, could it not plan to mobilize some men in front of the rooms hosting hundreds or thousands of people? Who decided the places to be protected under Vigipirate? How were deployed forces Vigipirate November 13, 2015? Why do some places are protected round the clock even when empty, while others are neglected when they are filled? Have we underestimated this threat? We know the result: 130 people were killed Nov. 13, 2015 and thousands more have been injured physically or psychologically. Despite maintaining Vigipirate to its highest level and the establishment of the state of emergency, we find that the places of public do not seem to benefit from enhanced protection today. Can we under these conditions consider all appropriate actions and decisions have been œ piece in 2015?

Quote:
Ms. Aurelia Gilbert. Imagine for a moment that such attacks occur province! Health and relief workers fear this scenario because hospitals and emergency services would be overwhelmed, causing deaths.

Mr. President Georges Fenech. As an elected official, I am a member of a county fire and rescue service (SDIS) leading a reflection on the modalities of intervention in case of mass attack. There is much to do, but these threats are taken into account.
As I read this, I take from it that elected officials have some responsibility to be first responders as well. Is this true or a strange consequence of Google's translation?
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:30   #47
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

... continued

Quote:
Mr. Mohammed Zenak. My daughter saw the terrorist who attacked Voltaire Comptoir , located near La Belle team . He smiled and, after asking a coffee, he blew himself up. Police and firefighters soon arrived on the scene. She told police that it was a terrorist act, but they denied it. The terrorist was still alive because he has fortunately failed to trigger all of his explosives. Understanding that the attack was well-terrorist related, the police conducted the evacuation of customers in peace.

My daughter repeatedly asked: "How did we get here? ". The terrorists were stuck and banned from European territory: how were they able to go to Paris to lead an attack of this magnitude?

Quote:
Pierre Lellouche. I train regularly shooting in police custody. I know what it is to shoot to forty-five meters in the dark: it is not evident unless one is very well trained. How many times a field officer he takes a year?

Mr. LS In LAC, we have "open fire" once a week. We get to shoot once a week or once every two weeks. We have a sports training once or twice a week. You should know that we are privileged. There was also ammunition waiting periods when we were shooting that twice eight cartridges. We found ourselves in the situation when general service must complete a minimum of three annual shots.

MTP We are fortunate because, thanks to special shooting sessions of the IBC, we can learn much more than others. We draw usually at least ten times a year.

Pierre Lellouche. Basically, therefore, you shoot once a month. How many cartridges? Fifty ?

MTP and Mr. LS No! Thirty.

Quote:
The Rapporteur. Terrorists The Bataclan they have committed beheadings and mutilations? Were they products of deaths other than by shooting or explosion? We are dealing with contradictory information - some of which were provided to us during our hearings - that must be clarified.

Mr. President Georges Fenech. Indeed, the Committee is troubled by this information which have filtered nowhere. Thus, the father of one of the victims sent me a copy of a letter he sent to the investigating judge, which I quote in summary: "On the causes of the death of my son A., the forensic institute in Paris, I was told, and with reserves given the shock it was for me at that moment, they had cut off his testicles, it's him had put in his mouth, and he was disembowelled. When I saw it behind glass, lying on a table, a white shroud covering it up to the neck, a psychologist with me. The latter said: "The only presentable part of your son's left profile." I found that he had more right eye. I made ​​the remark; I was informed that they had punctured him the eye and down the right side of his face, where very large hematoma that we could all see when it is in beer. "

This particular witness could corroborate the statements that kept us one of the BAC officials that one of the investigators vomited immediately on leaving the Bataclan after finding a decapitation and evisceration. Are you aware of such facts?

Michel Cadot. I had no knowledge of these facts, nor by the Forensic Institute or by the officials in question. It is obvious to the court to assess the veracity investigation. Nevertheless, I realized that was found at the site of the attack no no knife or other sharp device that would allow this type of mutilation. It will be easy to check as part of the investigation. In my case, once again, I have not received any message of the sort from the Forensic Institute or the direction of guardianship of the relevant BAC.

Mr. Christian saint. I can not move on this point, given the state of the investigation, but nothing in the present state of my knowledge allows me to think that what has just be read is right. I specify, for the sake of clarity, some of the bodies found at the Bataclan were extremely mutilated by the explosions and weapons, to the point that it was sometimes difficult to reconstruct the dismembered bodies. In other words, injuries described this father may also have been caused by automatic weapons by explosions or projections of nails and bolts that have resulted.

Mr. President Georges Fenech. There he would have put his testicles in your mouth ...

Mr. Christian saint. I do not have that information and if these facts had been established, I think such information would not have escaped.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:05   #48
Sdiver
Area Commander

Video showing the terrorist approaching and then driving into the crowd ...

https://www.conservativeoutfitters.c...-terror-attack

Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:12   #49
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Considering what's available today in graphic video games and movie theaters and depending on how different countries report the news and what's going on: being that the Internet brings more to bear in near realtime.

Maybe we should stop sugar coating the visual effects of reality. Sure, blur out exposed genitalia, faces, and any identifying characteristics of the victims but show the true heinousness of brutal murder.

If that doesn't move people to take action against people (no animals, no savages) like ISIS, nothing will.

The sheep need a wake up call! Or they will continue to be led to slaughter.

Just preface it with, young children and those with a weak stomach should change the channel before the end of the commercial break.

There is dignity and respect for the victims and then there is a significant purpose of honesty and integrity in reporting the news...some of it is not nice.

Reality is a b-itch!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:18   #50
Sohei
Area Commander

Absolutely! If they don't begin opening their eyes to the reality that is befalling them, then those types of incidents will only escalate in severity and number.

This is only the beginning if they stay on the track they are on now.

Hopefully, we -- as a nation -- are watching and seeing what is coming our way if we allow ourselves to look any weaker to the aggressor.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 13:48   #51
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge2 View Post
Absolutely! If they don't begin opening their eyes to the reality that is befalling them, then those types of incidents will only escalate in severity and number.
They already are! Before the last 3... 4 attacks the Colorado theater shooting was the most shocking thing in my narrow memory, before that was the DC snipers. Now in seemingly rapid succession we had Charlie Hebdoe, the Pamela Geller gallery, Bataclan, the gay club, Nice. This is even completely ignoring all the things going on outside of msm reporting. I was scrolling through the list here earlier today and just for 2016 there are hundreds world wide.

This IS the new normal. It's sad but there has been zero discussion of this event in the office today, no one even mentioned it at all. This will blow over quickly. Ask a college kid when the last attack in France was, I bet they couldn't tell you.
Old 07-15-2016, 15:29   #52
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand View Post
Ask a college kid when the last attack in France was, I bet they couldn't tell you.
Hell, the college kid may not even be able to locate France on a map.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 15:51   #53
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Hell, the college kid may not even be able to locate France on a map.
"Map? What's a map? Did you mean app."

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:23   #54
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

An American father and his youngest son were killed in the Nice attack. They are from the Austin, TX metropolitan area.

Quote:
As the Lakeway community came to grips with news that two of its residents, a 51-year-old man and his 11-year-old son, were among the dozens killed in an attack Thursday night in Nice, France, a portrait of a doting father and his precocious boy soon emerged.

Story
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copelands_2.jpg (20.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Copelands1.jpg (11.4 KB, 15 views)

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:54   #55
Badger52
Area Commander

FR: Mayors to actually arm some local police

RT Link (snark is mine)

Quote:
The terrorist attack in Nice which killed 84 people when a truck plowed through crowds celebrating Bastille Day has prompted several French mayors to arm local police. Non-lethal weapons are incapable of stopping a “crazed attacker,” one mayor said. (especially when he's driving a BFT, you ostrich)

"Along the Promenade des Anglais [in Nice] the municipal police and the national police had the same mission – to stop a crazed vehicle or murderer,” said Francois Bayrou, the mayor of Pau. ("Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.")

“Our weapons against incivility (such as flowers/candles, social media posts, wagging our finger, and wringing our hands), such as the Taser or the flash-ball, are obviously worthless in stopping a vehicle," he added, according to franceinfo.fr.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:28   #56
TacOfficer
Guerrilla

And yet it is the policy of the Chicago police department not to fire into moving vehicles if they are the only threat. The department expects officers and civilians to just jump out of the way.........

Allow me too share the following. The blog below says it better than I.

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/?m=1

SATURDAY, JULY 30, 2016

Logical Extreme
We'll just leave this here:
Now an issue that the department and IPRA must address is whether officers followed department policy by shooting at the vehicle. In February 2015, former Superintendent Garry McCarthy revised the department's policy on the use of deadly force to prohibit officers from "firing at or into a moving vehicle when the vehicle is the only force used against the sworn member or another person."
Because a car has never been used as a weapon to hurt, maim, affect an escape or kill.

It's a good thing the Chicago Police Department order on Use of Force wasn't in place in France recently:

Under the current Use of Force policy, the truck is the "only force used against the sworn member or another person," meaning a terrorist would have been able to make runs up and down Michigan Avenue, Columbus Drive, or Grant Park mowing down Lolla attendees and as long as his doors are locked, he doesn't run out of gas and the wheels don't get jammed up with the dead and dying, the Chicago Police are not allowed to stop him.

If you do, Eddie Johnson will strip you, send you to call back and fire you.
Labels: sarcasm AND silliness

POSTED BY SCC AT 7:01 AM 101 COMMENTS