Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18F

Old 12-26-2009, 14:46   #1
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

USASFC G3 Training

18F's, if you're looking for Training cuz no one within your Group is doing anything (Training) for 18F on ODAs. Well try logging onto USASOC Portal and look under the USASFC tab on the right side in the USASFC G3 section. Green side portal too.

Then look under G3 IEDD tab; look for the POC list and give them a call. They will point you to an area on their web page for Spread Sheet they have with all kinds of training they can get for units and almost all 18 series MOS.

They have great MTTs to TDY training for all 18 series. MTT are great for units getting ready for deployements. As far as the 18F they have stuff from IEDD tracking to HIIDE/BATTS operator to other good to okay stuff. But you need to look at 4 months or more out to get some of these MTT teams to your bases.

G3 IEDD Team are former SF guys looking for training for ODAs to Attack the Networks. They just got a HIIDE/BATS operators course done short notice for Units here on Bragg.

Also, they can see if your Post has a AW Cell that supports training too. Many different places to get 18F training along with many other 18 series training or openings.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”

Last edited by MtnGoat; 10-05-2010 at 19:56.
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 15:30   #2
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

MtnGoat - Good post; I'm surprised you're the first one to comment. These guys work in/for my office; they're both retired SF SGMs; the only thing they care about is "boots on the ground". I sent out the AMHS msg announcing their presence/capabilities several months ago and we haven't heard much back from the field. I know everybody is busy and our plates are generally full, but these guys want to help. That's why the link to their "sources" is on the NIPRNet - so everybody can access it with minimal pain. Another thing - think outside the box. IEDD isn't the only thing they can leverage either. HTH
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 15:47   #3
jbour13
Area Commander

MtnGoat is on his stuff.

If you have questions and need answers hit up your 2 shop. The Goat abuses the $hit out of us, but we like it because without him and others like him, we'd be without purpose or a job.

Strap hang some training, ask your intel bubbas what they are doing. You'd be suprised the amount of acceptance out there for a green hatter to sit amongst intel professionals. I get ground truth daily, higher up you go, the more disconnected and disenfranchised they become. Give'em some purpose. This day and age, even with 2 (3 if you're a PI type), some of the new kids need reminding of what they are there for.

Good post VG!

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 17:01   #4
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
MtnGoat - Good post; I'm surprised you're the first one to comment. These guys work in/for my office; they're both retired SF SGMs; the only thing they care about is "boots on the ground". I sent out the AMHS msg announcing their presence/capabilities several months ago and we haven't heard much back from the field. I know everybody is busy and our plates are generally full, but these guys want to help. That's why the link to their "sources" is on the NIPRNet - so everybody can access it with minimal pain.
Peregrino

Well just like just about every non Pimble Email DISTRO never makes it down to the unit level.

Just like the ASK set computer HD update or software upgrades. Never made it.. Or 18E needing to submit SOMPE Sets SN numbers up to IMO for tracking at USASFC level.. Never made it. But Clean Sweep Unit area break downs; now that will make it out of Unit BN S3s to Unit levels.

Quote:
These guys work in/for my office; they're both retired SF SGMs; the only thing they care about is "boots on the ground".
One of them I know and didn't know he worked there till we started to talk about training. I found them through the post AW Cell. Big Loop in a small world.

Quote:
Another thing - think outside the box. IEDD isn't the only thing they can leverage either.
SO VERY TRUE... Not just a 18C or 18F resource.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
Old 12-26-2009, 20:57   #5
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Well just like just about every non Pimble Email DISTRO never makes it down to the unit level.
Truer words have never ever been breathed from the mouth of a human being. If you send something out in official traffic with the CG's tag-line on it, everyone blows the shit off....

Here is what formal message traffic looks like:
"The CG? Who the hell is that guy? Throw that shit away... we aren't doing it, who is he to run my '3-shop"

A Pimble gram hits a Ft Lewis e-mail server and EVERYONE with an account forwards it to EVERYONE in their address book! Why? Because team guys on one side of the continent need an invite to a Ft Bragg change of command luncheon being held at 1400...

Just try and stop a Pimble gram or get off of the distro list... no higher form of heresy exists in the known universe.
...blow off some official traffic with the CG's tag line on it: meh, he's just the CG, if it was important they'd have sent a Pimble-Gram.

dual vent/rant mode deactivated
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 12-27-2009 at 10:35.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 23:33   #6
18C4V
Quiet Professional

What's the link or is it only for units at Bragg?
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:20   #7
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18C4V View Post
What's the link or is it only for units at Bragg?
I will post the link once I get into WORK. Like I posted it's on the Green Side on the Portal.

Quote:
18F's your looking for Training cuz noone within your Group is doing anything for 18Fs. Well try logging onto USASOC Portal and look under the USASFC tab on the right side in the USASFC G3 section. Green side portal too.
I think, don't fully know, but it should be for all USASFC units. But Like the HIIDE/BAT training that just happen here on Bragg. They got it for all USASOC units.. CA, SF, & PYOPS; to get the number up for the DoD MTT team down here.

I will be in work on Mon or Tue to do a DTS so I will post from there a good LINK.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 12-27-2009, 10:26   #8
Box
Quiet Professional

you have to go through the Green Side NIPR

some NG units and OCONUS units do not have the ability to access the server
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 14:28   #9
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
I will post the link once I get into WORK. Like I posted it's on the Green Side on the Portal.

I think, don't fully know, but it should be for all USASFC units. But Like the HIIDE/BAT training that just happen here on Bragg. They got it for all USASOC units.. CA, SF, & PYOPS; to get the number up for the DoD MTT team down here.

I will be in work on Mon or Tue to do a DTS so I will post from there a good LINK.
Gents,

If you're on a Military server, you should be able to get to the USASFC or USASOC Portal home page. I had a friend from ISTAF find this link easy. I'm not posting the LINK here.

Once on the USASFC home page; just look on the LEFT Side not Right side for the G3 section link. Click on it and find the Training link on the same (left) side and then look on the RIGHT SIDE for the IED-D link. On the right hand side you will see POC names and a folder named IEDD training. Open that up to get a IED Training WORD Document.

Some overseas links you'll have to go to USASOC Organization page.

Also, here you can find all kinds of training and information. Not just for the 18 series. You will still have to submit an official request through your Company B Tm for the training, but they will help you out with what needs to be done. They did it for me. You will just have to have your BN (Group S3 really) submit the OFFICAL REQUEST for training to USASFC G3.

PM me if needed.

VG

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Last edited by MtnGoat; 12-29-2009 at 14:37. Reason: Clarify information