Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > The Aid Bag

Old 01-31-2004, 20:35   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

TT FRB (Medical Kit)

The Tactical Tailor First Responder Bag, as I understand it, was designed as a replacement for the old M3 trifold Aid Bag. Although we were issued the M3, I didn't care for it, so never really used it. The TT FRB on the other hand is in my opinion, an excellent piece of kit. The FRB is is constructed from heavy duty Cordura nylon and heavy duty nylon webbing. The bag has YKK zippers with dual pulls. There is a zippered pocket on the top flap, good for protocols, etc. (make sure you drown proof them before putting them in there.) The SF Medics Handbook will NOT fit in the top flap pocket.

There is a pocket on the outside front for trauma scissors. It secures the scissors with an adjustable strap and fastex buckle.

The TT FRB can be worn as a fanny pack, attached to a belt, over a shoulder, or attached to a pack.

The waist strap is long enough to use as a shoulder strap - again closes with a fastex buckle. If you are not going to use it as a shoulder bag, you will need to cut or tape the excess strap - it is LONG.

There are PALs channels on both front and back for additional pouches.

Inside the top flap, there are elastic bands for holding instruments, syringes etc. The main compartment is divided into several areas, again with additional loops for instruments, syringes, etc. The whole set up is well organized and very much to my liking.

The TT FRB will hold as muchas the M3 I think, and has none of the drawbacks. The material is an improvement over the M3, which used to tear frequently. The bag is well made and should hold up well if you take care of it.

But the biggest advantage is that it connects right into a RAID assault pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tt-fr-od.jpg (47.6 KB, 347 views)
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 20:36   #2
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

TT FRB Open

Here is an open view
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tt-fr-open.jpg (46.0 KB, 323 views)
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 01-31-2004, 20:37   #3
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Attaching to the RAID

The FRB snaps into the RAID on the top like it was made for it. I like it there. Reminds me of the old M5 sticking out of the top of a large Alice. I ran the waist strap of the FRB around the RAID under the cinches on the RAID. The whole thing seem very secure, but we don't know until we get it in freefall, do we Razor? Good news is, set up this way, the FRB snaps right off for medicking.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 01-31-2004, 20:40   #4
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Attached to an Assault Pack. The fastex buckles on the FRB snap right into the RAID.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frb_w3d_od_02.jpg (7.2 KB, 319 views)
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 01-31-2004, 20:44   #5
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Packing List

Here is a suggested packing list for high threat tactical environments (Thanks TF Kilo):

AIRWAY
Nasopharyngeal Airway w/Surgilube ea 2
Oropharyngeal Airway ea 2
BREATHING
Asherman Chest Seal ea 2
10-13 Gauge Needle Cath 3'' ea 2
CIRCULATION
Emergency Trauma Dressing ea 4
Kerlex 6' ea 4
Tourniquet ea 2
Ace Wrap 6" ea 4
Abdominal Dressing 11 3/4" ea 1
Tape 2" ea 1
Sam Splint ea 2
IV Set Complete x 2
18g catheter 1.25 ea 4
IV Plug ea 4
Extention set Macro Drip ea 4
Alcohol prep pad ea 8
Tegaderm ea 4
Line Backer IV secure device ea 4
Velcro constricting band/Penrose drain ea 4
Normal saline 500 ML ea 2
MISC
Trauma Shears ea 1
ANA Kit ea 1
Sharps Shuttle Container Taped ea 1
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 01-31-2004, 20:45   #6
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Summary

In summary - if you're medicking, get this bag. Available in OD, Black and now Tan. With this set up and the HAM med insert inside the assault pack, and maybe the EGL Medic leg rig, you will be a well-equipped medic for insurgencies, guerrilla wars, counter-terrorism ops and any other by invitation-only social events on your calendar.

Do have a very SF day.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 01-31-2004, 21:49   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

NDD:

Excellent pitch!

Thanks for sharing.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 23:21   #8
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

NDD:

Thanks for the previously provided information on the TTFRB. I am waiting on mine to arrive any day now.

JD

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 00:04   #9
Psywar1-0
Guerrilla

The FRB will not attach as shown on any of the Airborne packs. It will be high front so to speak since the fastex buckles are not part of the shoulder strap system on the RAP and Airborne Raid packs. I will try and get pics of the bag attached to both Leg and Airborne raids posted manana.
Old 02-01-2004, 20:55   #10
Psywar1-0
Guerrilla

Strap design of the Leg Raid,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-011s.jpg (33.8 KB, 266 views)
Old 02-01-2004, 20:56   #11
Psywar1-0
Guerrilla

TTFRB attached to Leg Raid

Wouldnt want to try and go prone with this on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-013s.jpg (31.6 KB, 245 views)
Old 02-01-2004, 20:57   #12
Psywar1-0
Guerrilla

Strap/buckle setup on the Airborne Raid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-012s.jpg (38.2 KB, 256 views)
Old 02-01-2004, 21:02   #13
Psywar1-0
Guerrilla

TTFRB attached to Airborne Raid

Note: The TTFRB will attach to both Eagle and LBT packs, but not to Blackhawk packs. Blackhawk uses non standard fastex buckes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-015s.jpg (26.6 KB, 233 views)
Old 02-01-2004, 21:05   #14
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Thanks for the additional photos brother. Your opsec is weak on the next to last one.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 02-01-2004, 21:41   #15
Psywar1-0
Guerrilla

Yep its true, My name is lucas, and I live on the 2d floor LOL.