Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 06-02-2021, 21:50   #16
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Was not sure where to put this, but I think it goes well in a thread about our military's perceived competence and fighting ability when compared to the world stage:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...s-rule-report/

I am so happy to see that our current so-called commander-in-chief along with the current SECDEF are going full speed to make our military the best! Because really, it's the small things that matter the most.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason

Last edited by sfshooter; 06-02-2021 at 21:51. Reason: grammar
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:23   #17
Box
Quiet Professional

I wonder if these fucking idiots realize that the "no non-government flags" rule also keeps trouble makers from flying things like ISIS flags and the dreaded Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia?
...of course, they still haven't noticed that the US army generic beret flash pretty much mirrors the confederate Navy jack, but hey - woke is woke.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 18:06   #18
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
...of course, they still haven't noticed that the US army generic beret flash pretty much mirrors the confederate Navy jack, but hey - woke is woke.
SSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 19:03   #19
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
SSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!
LMAO

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 21:42   #20
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Well, evidently some little thought got put into this and they have now decided to back track on the flag thing:

https://www.jpost.com/american-polit...lations-670153

But, as there is probably no DoD regulation on what can be posted online, they have gone this route instead:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...-are-the-pics/

It's this in your face attitude, I believe, that pisses most ordinary Americans off. In the end, they are accomplishing their goals one little piece at a time like they have always done.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
Old 06-05-2021, 05:27   #21
JimP
Quiet Professional

I've got the Free Pineland flag in my office. No one knows what it is and - what is weird - no one has ever asked about it. It's like they just leave me alone...., I wonder why?
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:37   #22
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I've got the Free Pineland flag in my office. No one knows what it is and - what is weird - no one has ever asked about it. It's like they just leave me alone...., I wonder why?
Same here, but I thought it was 'cause underneath were the commendations from Iran (in Farsi), and Cambodia along with my shadow box, Beret, and K-bar. A colleague/friend told me that it was a little intimidating and maybe I should tone it down a bit.

I decided against mounting an AR-15.
Old 06-05-2021, 19:38   #23
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I had mine up when I was at SOCOM. Only GBs knew what it was. I had many uniformed and civilians ask me about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Same here, but I thought it was 'cause underneath were the commendations from Iran (in Farsi), and Cambodia along with my shadow box, Beret, and K-bar. A colleague/friend told me that it was a little intimidating and maybe I should tone it down a bit.

HANG IT UP!!!
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:58   #24
cobra22
Quiet Professional

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
I think he's spot on. And probably going to get crushed for saying it. Bluntly - despite the sacrifices/experiences of individual soldiers, the last 16 years haven't prepared us as a military or a nation to fight peer/near peer competitors. Ongoing readiness issues have only exacerbated the issue. DoD is more interested in whether or not units have finished Tier III Transgender Training than whether or not they can perform integrated combat operations against someone who can potentially kick our asses. Maybe the winds will shift with the advent of OBJ-T but I'm not holding my breath.
The Army has become more and more risk adverse over the years imo. Do you think the Sontay Raid would get green lit today? I dont think it would. People are so afraid to get in trouble that could ruin their career that they bred a risk adverse environment. Case is point would be how long conops became around what 201ish. The BC in SOTF south refused to drop on a person that was being watched implanting it's into the ground because or risk adversion built by his desire to get promoted. I will say though, that BC was the first time I ever saw someone wear two body armor vest to leave the wire. I think it stems from Soldiers becoming NCOs before they are posses the skills to become NCOs. So they lag behind in what I like to call soldier maturity and as they keep getting promoted they eventually reach the point where theyvare responsible for training those young officers to become good leaders. But by the time they reach the rank equivalency they are years behind the maturity and wisdom level it takes to train a offficer. It's like babies training babies for all intent and purposes. So the degradation of the NCO corps with automatic promotion to the NCO ranks under the Obama and Bush administration I believe has a direct corellation with how these young officers view risk as it relates to them getting in trouble or losing their career. I also think you can also trace many if the issues the military faces to that specific time period. Kinda like how we have an entire half of givt that had no clue how to govern as evidenced by higher steel prices higher lumber prices and higher gas prices to name a few. I rambled a bit but whatever.
Old 06-20-2021, 15:31   #25
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

EXPERIENCE:

This was the main reason for one zeros and one-ones in SOG...
Old 06-20-2021, 17:54   #26
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post

Do it! I've got one and I think, aesthetically, the whole thing needs a CAR-15 as a backdrop. Yes. The venerable XM177-E2 would be very balanced.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 20:58   #27
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Well, I keep finding these gems of an article. I should quit perusing the source I guess. Does nothing but disgust me and piss me off to read about shit like this.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...p-not-yelling/

Some selected passages:

"Some of what drill instructors tackle are social issues that have been worrying the Pentagon’s top brass: sexual assault and harassment, racism and political extremism. In the wake of the Jan. 6. Capitol insurrection, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin ordered a worldwide stand-down to air concerns about racism and extremism. In December, the Pentagon issued new guidelines to root out extremism after finding about 100 service members were involved in extremist activity over the past year."

"“If you’re still having trouble marching in step then I’ll take you aside, say ‘just walk with me, just walk with me,’ and then maybe something like ‘hey cup your hand’ ‘cause I know that can help,” he said."

"“I’m about teaching them … I want to get them thinking, I want to mold thinking. I don’t want them automatically charging in a frontal attack on a machine gun nest, I want them to be able to say, ‘That doesn’t sound so smart,’ ” Champion said."

"The additional two weeks focus on scenario-based training about prevention and response for sexual assault and harassment, as well as extremism. "

We won't be winning any world wars with these pansies. Just my opinion based on history.

Old 06-11-2022, 22:45   #28
Box
Quiet Professional

Fade in
...in the valley of a modern battlefield rests a small unit, taking sporadic harassment fire from a nearby hill. The new soldier fresh from Fort Jackson bootcamp recognizes the gunfire for what it really is: harassment - and harassment in todays Army is NOT ok. Afraid and unsure, the private hesitates waiting for some type of guidance

-take that hill said the grizzled veteran

-fuck you sarge, drill sgt champion taught me to realize that its dangerous on that hill and you are just going to sacrifice me as part of a bullet statement on your silver star recommendation for taking the hill

-dont cry, said the grizzled veteran - war is tough - but youre not alone - we've learned that yelling causes stress while discussing better ways to do thngs help us build stronger bonds

-gee sarge - you really do understand - well, I dont want to let you down - what can I do to make things better

-GET UP THAT FUCKING HILL AND KILL SOMEBODY YOU WORTHLESS PUSSY said the grizzled veteran

epilogue
countless Americans were killed that day - but an investigation uncovered sarges toxic leadership and he was drummed out of service - justice was served even though the battle was lost
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:57   #29
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfshooter View Post
Well, I keep finding these gems of an article. I should quit perusing the source I guess. Does nothing but disgust me and piss me off to read about shit like this.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...p-not-yelling/

Some selected passages:

"Some of what drill instructors tackle are social issues that have been worrying the Pentagon’s top brass: sexual assault and harassment, racism and political extremism. In the wake of the Jan. 6. Capitol insurrection, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin ordered a worldwide stand-down to air concerns about racism and extremism. In December, the Pentagon issued new guidelines to root out extremism after finding about 100 service members were involved in extremist activity over the past year."

"“If you’re still having trouble marching in step then I’ll take you aside, say ‘just walk with me, just walk with me,’ and then maybe something like ‘hey cup your hand’ ‘cause I know that can help,” he said."

"“I’m about teaching them … I want to get them thinking, I want to mold thinking. I don’t want them automatically charging in a frontal attack on a machine gun nest, I want them to be able to say, ‘That doesn’t sound so smart,’ ” Champion said."

Teaching systematic cowardice....imagine being in a fight for your life and what you hear behind you is this kind of talk with troops flat our refusing to fight and sacrifice for the other squads pinned down nested within a Platoon pinned down nested with a Company pinned down nested within.....

"The additional two weeks focus on scenario-based training about prevention and response for sexual assault and harassment, as well as extremism. "

Excellent training you never know the enemy may sexually harass the females in your infantry squad while fighting and draw out the worst in toxic masculinity...Chivalry

We won't be winning any world wars with these pansies. Just my opinion based on history.
No we wont win any wars with this pussification of the military even with technology turning war into video games and a generation of kids who have built no physical strength other then their thumbs, no resilience to pain and effort, no competitive experience and emotionally weak and confused on life and confused about the roles of genders in the reality of a post apocolyptic world once we self destruct. Even with the technology we have to equalize the battlefield the mentality of the military today is a feminized overly sensitive force....they wont fight until its too late

It seems unbridles world war is the only thing that will bring us back to primal reality...once women are getting brutalized in close combat by the superior physical strength and aggression of a man and the weak feminized men are put back into their corners of society will things return to what it should be.

Man builds nations and explores the 4 corners of the world then we advance our society until the physical aggression and strength are no longer required and women can now work and fight alongside men as equals within the illusion of equality given us by advancements and men hand over society to the weak and feminine once the manly work has allowed it only to have these feminine men and women lead us into destruction with with a twisted set of ill contrived values and immorality...this repeats over and over and over again historically...before every great nation falls it goes through this cycle.

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 06-14-2022 at 20:07.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 18:33   #30
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Maybe WW3 isn’t such a bad idea after all!?

I just hope the two to three million lives lost are the right two to three million lives, and not those that understand what real sacrifice, honor and dignity mean.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote