Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 12-01-2008, 18:05   #16
guardwarrior
Asset

N/A

Last edited by guardwarrior; 12-01-2008 at 20:41.
guardwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 18:14   #17
Pete
Quiet Professional

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardwarrior View Post
....... Remember, you were all in the same spot I am in.........
No, we were not. Most of us QPs around here just did it. We did not have the books, the internet or this site. We signed up went through whatever training that was required at the time and came out the other end as SF - then the learning started.

Search and read. You might even find a necro-post of interest to you.

Pete
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 20:10   #18
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I apologize for my typing. As for asking questions I will do my own research, and find what I can. Remember, you were in the same spot I am in. My poor typing has been noticed, and will not happen again. Thanks for pointing out my flaws that I need to work on.
GW

Please slow down and stop posting and read and absorb the knowledge here on this board.

So far you did not Post your 1st post as directed in the e-mail you received when you joined. Then you started posting with the English skills of a Middle school student. You will serve your self better by reading, searching and Reading more.

Do your self a favor and start reading more than posting.

You have disregarded the intro e-mail advice and I am sure you have not read all of the stickies have you.

Regards SF_BHT

PS: You do not need to reply just read for a while.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 20:18   #19
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
They usually recommend "waiting for the bang" if you intend to follow your grenade through the door! . . .
I thought the poster was DOA! He started at 11:36 and I didn't see it until 15:01. You guys must be really, really busy today.
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 21:03   #20
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer523 View Post
I thought the poster was DOA! He started at 11:36 and I didn't see it until 15:01. You guys must be really, really busy today.
Monday in the office. As for our poster child, he appears to be a VW. Indications are he completely missed the teaching points (and probably took them as personal attacks) so maybe it's a good thing. Everything that was pointed out to him has been forum policy since PS.com started (and a fact of life in every SF job I've ever held). There are innumerable posts explaining the principles and the whys behind them. We don't ask anything more of those who want to join us than we demand of ourselves - that's life on a Team.

For all the "aspirants" reading this ---------- "Stickies & Search". They'll save a lot of grief; both here and in real life.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 21:09   #21
Pete
Quiet Professional

Well.....

Well, at least he found the Sticky: Tips for the SF Student.

Shazaam
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 21:41   #22
guardwarrior
Asset

Yes, I found the threads I did not take them as personal attacks. You have helped me. I erased what I wrote, for I did not search the thread thoroughly enough, and did not want my ignorance shown on here. From now on I am reading,and searching more than I post. Your corrective critism has helped.
guardwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 21:59   #23
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Yes, I found the threads I did not take them as personal attacks. You have helped me. I erased what I wrote, for I did not search the thread thoroughly enough, and did not want my ignorance shown on here. From now on I am reading,and searching more than I post. Your corrective critism has helped.
Young Man

1st Follow Directions that QP's give you here.
2nd Quit trying to go back and erase your posts that you think make you look stupid or Ignorant. Peoples comments with quotes have all the post you erased.
3rd Nothing personal just constructive observations.
4th STOP POSTING AND READ, READ, READ.

Do your self a favor and follow these simple things and you will be OK until you step on it again. When in doubt read the 4th item above and follow Item 1 at all times.

We are here to help those that deserve our time but we only ask for a little professional courtesy and follow our simple instructions.

Back to Item 4 young man.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 22:02   #24
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
No, we were not. Most of us QPs around here just did it. We did not have the books, the internet or this site. We signed up went through whatever training that was required at the time and came out the other end as SF - then the learning started.

Search and read. You might even find a necro-post of interest to you.

Pete
Wait! There were books? DAMN!
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 22:10   #25
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

NDD - Dam, I didn't see them in 67. They just brought me in and watched. When I screwed up, they let me know in the normal, kindly manner, known to be the hallmark of a Camp MacKall session.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote