Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Europe

Old 02-24-2022, 17:20   #31
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Why would Putin have waited, when the outcome of his delay to attack, allow the repositioning of these forces? Which arguably, are extreme offense weapon platforms. What does Russia have to counter Apaches and their standoff capabilities?
Why would you think our current leadership would use any of these weapons? Putin obviously isn't concerned about it, and why should he be?

Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 20:09   #32
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

My thought process is that when the sanctions imposed by the west hit Putin and his inner circle of influence the greatest he will turn the control valve on natural gas and petroleum flowing into Europe. When the Europeans are freezing their asses off and can’t charge their electric cars and gas prices go through the roof he will sit back and laugh his ass off.

My assessment is Putin is in a position of power and has nothing to lose and much to gain. NATO will likely fall (fail) as a paper tiger and the US will be holding strings to nothing more than an idealistic memory of what it was like to be considered a world superpower.

If China is watching [which I think they are] the Orient is ripe for total take over without a shot being fired.

The Middle East (oil producers) are already is thinking we don’t need to compete with the United States and will meet with Putin to establish new oil prices for the world market.

There are no upsides to this conflict other than Joe Biden starting WW3 over his and Hunter Biden’s implicit underhanded monopoly on supporting Ukrainian oil production.

Putin has already won and we cannot do anything about it.

I was wondering the other day if they have already started painting our trucks and tanks green from desert tan?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 20:58   #33
LarryW
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
My thought process is that when the sanctions imposed by the west hit Putin and his inner circle of influence the greatest he will turn the control valve on natural gas and petroleum flowing into Europe. When the Europeans are freezing their asses off and can’t charge their electric cars and gas prices go through the roof he will sit back and laugh his ass off.

My assessment is Putin is in a position of power and has nothing to lose and much to gain. NATO will likely fall (fail) as a paper tiger and the US will be holding strings to nothing more than an idealistic memory of what it was like to be considered a world superpower.

If China is watching [which I think they are] the Orient is ripe for total take over without a shot being fired.

The Middle East (oil producers) are already is thinking we don’t need to compete with the United States and will meet with Putin to establish new oil prices for the world market.

There are no upsides to this conflict other than Joe Biden starting WW3 over his and Hunter Biden’s implicit underhanded monopoly on supporting Ukrainian oil production.

Putin has already won and we cannot do anything about it.

I was wondering the other day if they have already started painting our trucks and tanks green from desert tan?
All true, ODNT, ... and a paper tiger has no teeth. Relearning the same old lesson again and again is painful. Problem: Politicians have no blood in the fight.

"When will the lesson be learned? You cannot reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth!" (Churchill)
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:36   #34
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Heh, ODNT. Remembering the old joke about the body's argument over which organ is the most important; fait accompli once the asshole decides to shut itself closed.

Much discussion at the talking head level over the last 24 hours, and likely some at the living room level, of reversing the pipeline and drilling lease measures imposed by Obama 3.0 regime in order to counter Russian impact. Subsequent conclusion by regular dirt people I know is that they absolutely won't do it because it would seem to make sense. It also runs counter to inflicting pain on those same people, which seems to be a part of the script pre-Putin. Tossing phrases out like "strategic reserve" is weak tea because that reserve isn't all that much, and not for the purpose of helping Buffy fill her cross-over before she drops the kids at hockey practice.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:43   #35
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Hot tip - those aren't suits nor are they wearing a mask - that is what an honest to god scary clown looks like just before they put on the big foam nose...
Ewwww...Like a real life Halloween Mask

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 17:35   #36
Penn
Area Commander

Quote:
Why would you think our current leadership would use any of these weapons? Putin obviously isn't concerned about it, and why should he be?
RL, I'm certain, that Biden isn't making any decisions. But the D卐M☭CRAT Party needs a distraction from/for their behavior these past 72 months. War is a great reset, and I think as the slaughter continues, it will act as a magnet, dragging the the USA/west willingly into the fray. YMMV
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:47   #37
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

When your closest allies don’t see the problem as a problem at all!

https://apple.news/A0vLT00I1QsGpd2DNKhoTnQ

U.S. Diplomatic Push for Ukraine Falters in a Middle East Influenced by Russia
Washington’s regional partners have so far rebuffed U.S. calls to come out against Moscow

Excerpts:

Saudi Arabia, the de facto OPEC leader, has rebuffed U.S. requests to pump more oil to help tame surging crude prices, which topped $100 a barrel amid concerns over supply after Russia invaded Ukraine. The United Arab Emirates, which hosts U.S. troops, ignored U.S. lobbying and abstained from a U.N. Security Council resolution condemning the Russian invasion.
Even Israel, the U.S.’s closest ally in the region, has refused a Ukrainian request for weapons and other military equipment, such as helmets and protective vests, according to Ukraine’s ambassador, Yevgen Korniychuk. Israel fears that choosing sides too openly against Moscow could prompt Russian forces in Syria to respond by interfering with its long-running air campaign against Iranian-backed militias there, Israeli officials said.

Biden administration - negotiating from a position of weakness!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 03-02-2022 at 07:50.
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 11:15   #38
mark46th
Quiet Professional

I notice this administration has conveniently forgotten the Budapest Agreement of 1994. The Ukraine gave its nukes back to Russia in exchange for the West providing protection from Russia.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 16:38   #39
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
I notice this administration has conveniently forgotten the Budapest Agreement of 1994. The Ukraine gave its nukes back to Russia in exchange for the West providing protection from Russia.
The Men in Black probably held up the amnesia pen; the same one that caused the Russians to not get some stuff in writing about NATO not moving further eastward.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote