Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 5th Special Forces Group

Old 07-03-2015, 11:44   #76
Fat Albert
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Anybody have comms with Joe Nelson (Fat Albert) lately? He and I were also members of an aviation forum and the last time I heard from him he'd had several strokes and lost short (or medium) term memory. He hasn't gotten back to me since then. It's been several months.

Pat
Sorry guys, I'm still here, just running slow. Things are going OK if I remember to plug in my hoveround...lol. Thanks for the concern that means alot to me.
Fat Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:54   #77
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Albert View Post
Things are going OK if I remember to plug in my hoveround...lol.
Is that a new type of gyro?

Keep in touch, Joe.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:21   #78
Fat Albert
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Is that a new type of gyro?

Keep in touch, Joe.

Pat
Pat, Just an update. My wife and son took me down to my shop yesterday and was great! It gave me a big lift to work on my project. The best thing was I didn't cut off any fingers.

I heard from Spitfire today. He's still in Cambodia and talking about a reunion for A-362 next year.
Old 08-13-2015, 21:53   #79
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Pat, Just an update. My wife and son took me down to my shop yesterday and was great! It gave me a big lift to work on my project. The best thing was I didn't cut off any fingers.

I heard from Spitfire today. He's still in Cambodia and talking about a reunion for A-362 next year.
Great to hear, Joe! Keep us informed my friend.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
Old 08-27-2017, 09:51   #80
virgo1zero
Asset

FANK 72

Never searched this site much. Just sent you an e-mail today. Thought I would post to see if anyone is still active on this thread.

Was on MTT-1 Major Cummings and several others. If you get this or anybody recognizes, please response. Nice to see you are still kickin'.

SGT Jeff Cole (call sign VIRGO1ZERO)
virgo1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:19   #81
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Is Spitifire in contact with Tommy Daniels? Tommy is also working in Cambodia. I ran into Tommy a couple years ago at the Arlington dedication to our Khmer, Hmong, Montagnard Counterparts.

Keep me posted on the "reunion" please.

Last edited by Trapper John; 08-27-2017 at 10:23.
Trapper John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:22   #82
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Is Spitifire in contact with Tommy Daniels? Tommy is also working in Cambodia. Keep me posted on the "reunion" please.
TJ, that post is 2 years old. I haven't heard a peep from Joe since then. Or DJ for that matter.

Pat

Old 08-27-2017, 10:26   #83
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
TJ, that post is 2 years old. I haven't heard a peep from Joe since then. Or DJ for that matter.

Pat
Shit!!
Old 08-27-2017, 12:43   #84
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo1zero View Post
Never searched this site much. Just sent you an e-mail today. Thought I would post to see if anyone is still active on this thread.

Was on MTT-1 Major Cummings and several others. If you get this or anybody recognizes, please response. Nice to see you are still kickin'.

SGT Jeff Cole (call sign VIRGO1ZERO)
Comply with our rules before you post again. Fill out your profile and post an intro in the correct place as directed when you signed up for the site.

No need to respond to this post just comply please.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 00:03   #85
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Shit!!
Dean was on PS.com in June of this year. Joe last posted on an aviation forum that we are both on a year ago.

Pat

Old 10-06-2017, 11:34   #86
Fat Albert
Quiet Professional

Just checking in.

I speak to Spitfire frequently on Facebook. I also spoke with him last month while he was in conus for medical care but seems to be well. He lives in Long Hai with his female posse at the local coffee house. PSM wanted to know about my gyro project. I am having gearbox issues at present so I have new ones on order. I used Honda motorcycle gearboxes but they are hard to turn freely which require higher speeds to turn the rotor system.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:36   #87
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
I speak to Spitfire frequently on Facebook. I also spoke with him last month while he was in conus for medical care but seems to be well. He lives in Long Hai with his female posse at the local coffee house. PSM wanted to know about my gyro project. I am having gearbox issues at present so I have new ones on order. I used Honda motorcycle gearboxes but they are hard to turn freely which require higher speeds to turn the rotor system.
Good to hear from you, Joe!

Pat

Old 01-02-2018, 20:31   #88
BACSI72
Asset

Talking FANK 1972 Mike Tanchak

Graduated SF training (91b4s, medic) April 1971, and then assigned to the 7th until I went to Vietnam December 1971.

I was the last SF medic at a CCS launch site (TF3AE) which closed in March 1972.

Then FANK, I was a SF medic at Long Hai from April to November 1972. I was assigned to Cambodian battalions and also went to Phu Bai on a mobile training team to retrain the 3rd ARVN division.

Names of some medics I remember are Scotty, Wind, Yanowski, Chamizo, Dixon, ???

Left the military after my 3 year enlistment. College, married, divorced, etc., Living in Thailand for 1/2 of the year, over the winter months. Have a house there and a steady girl. Then I travel in the USA for 1/2 of the year. I attend the Special Forces conventions and the Special Operations Association Reunions.

Be glad to get in touch with my comrades.
BACSI72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 22:16   #89
BACSI72
Asset

Talking FANK 1972 Mike Tanchak

Graduated SF training (91b4s, medic) April 1971, and then assigned to the 7th until I went to Vietnam December 1971.

I was the last SF medic at a CCS launch site (TF3AE) which closed in March 1972.

Then FANK, I was a SF medic at Long Hai from April to November 1972. I was assigned to Cambodian battalions and also went to Phu Bai on a mobile training team to retrain the 3rd ARVN division.

Names of some medics I remember are Scotty, Wind, Yanowski, Chamizo, Dixon. Captain Wilbur Stokes was one of my commanders of a training battalion. Major Reed was the doctor at Long Hai and Ban Me Thout (CCS)

Left the military after my 3 year enlistment. College, married, divorced, etc., Living in Thailand for 1/2 of the year, over the winter months. Have a house there and a steady girl. Then I travel in the USA for 1/2 of the year. I attend the Special Forces conventions and the Special Operations Association Reunions.

Be glad to get in touch with my comrades.
Old 01-04-2018, 16:31   #90
BACSI72
Asset

FANK 1972 Mike Tanchak

see my post