Old 01-08-2023, 04:29   #2656
glebo
Quiet Professional

There's plenty of info on this site Mr wannabe. Good luck, if you really want it, you'll get it. Depends on how hard you try...
Old 03-17-2023, 06:58   #2657
Chris10583
Asset

Good Morning. I currently work on staff at a SOF HQ's and try to support the actual warfighters as much as possible. I started in the Infantry, went Special Forces, and then moved into a functional area. My four years in 3rd SFG(A) were by far the most exciting and impactful with most of that time spent in the CRF.

I'm here to stay up with the SF community and contribute whenever possible.
Chris10583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 17:47   #2658
breyah.clarke
Asset

Basic Intro

Hello all.
Several of my basics are noted in my profile.
YOB 1977. BASD 2002. SFQC Grad 2013. ETS TBD.
Forum items from Professional Soldiers seem to come up in conversation, so here I am in an effort to get closer to the source.
I am THAT B_Clarke. And I welcome all genuine inquiries, blunders in etiquette notwithstanding, so long as an earnest effort to engage with mutual respect is evident.

Last edited by breyah.clarke; 04-17-2023 at 15:57.
breyah.clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 02:01   #2659
glebo
Quiet Professional

Welcome, have fun here.. I see you were 1/509th, I was also but when they were in Italy (78-80). I think they're JRTC OPFOR now or something, or in AK?? What's a "functional area" for an 18D??
Anyway, welcome.
Oh, ETA:, I have no idea what "THAT" Breyah Clarke means...

Last edited by glebo; 04-03-2023 at 02:05.
glebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 14:37   #2660
breyah.clarke
Asset

Hi Glebo, thank you for the welcome : )

Yes, 1-509 was JRTC OpFor in 2005-2008 when I served with them and still is as far as I know.

I don't understand your question about functional area - please rephrase it for me.

THAT B_Clarke refers to my origin as a fraternal brother (of sorts) and my transition (2017) to fraternal sister. I prefer to "own" my past brazenly in order to deprive it a means of owning me. As I said in my introductory post, I welcome real questions about that path and my own journey on it. I can confirm SOF is populated by live-and-let-live pragmatists who interact based on merit and who have great questions, if any, before we simply get back to business.

Last edited by breyah.clarke; 04-17-2023 at 15:58.
breyah.clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 06:45   #2661
Hummer
Asset

Any word on S/Maj Brion Remington formally 10th Group

Brion was a friend for many years and he told me about six months ago that the Docs only gave him six months. He doesn't answer email and snail mail to his home was returned.

I was told that he may have been placed in a VA facility. Just wondering if someone has any definitive news about him.
Thanks Hummer
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 09:46   #2662
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
Brion was a friend for many years and he told me about six months ago that the Docs only gave him six months. He doesn't answer email and snail mail to his home was returned.

I was told that he may have been placed in a VA facility. Just wondering if someone has any definitive news about him.
Thanks Hummer
1) ask the mods to move this to General
2) look on facebook. He seems to be active

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 08:40   #2663
Package Guy
Asset

Introduction (18D)

Hello all. I go by Package Guy. I am looking to enlist as an 18X. Aiming for 18D.

I have always wanted to serve in the military. I grew up as an Air Force brat, with my dad serving as a pilot in Air Mobility Command for 10 years active duty and 10 years in the Reserves. He was deployed for Desert Storm before I was born and in 2004 to Iraq. He never insisted that I serve but he encouraged me to get a college education before joining.

Long story short, now I am 30 years old with 3 dependents. Divorced and looking for a career change. Now might be my time to do what I have always wanted to do by serving in the military. The draw to the Green Beret community has been spurred by my desire to serve with the best trained and smartest people in the military. I am a competitive athlete too. Additionally, I am bilingual (Spanish).

I was pre-med in college and ended up getting a graduate degree. Never went to medical school. I have an extensive work history including 5 years of medical experience in patient care, clinical research, administrative support, project planning, team leadership, and volunteering. I am going into this with knowledge that the typical recruit may not have.

My now ex-wife and her family never liked the idea of me joining the military. After college I got connected with some PJs (CROs) to explore the option to enter their pipeline. It never went anywhere but it planted a seed for me.

Now I am looking at trying my hand at something new and seeing where the dice fall. My recruiter tells me I can join as an E-4 due to my background. I am going into this with puppy dog eyes but I have some wisdom and experience that will be different from the rest.

Last edited by Package Guy; 06-11-2023 at 12:13.
Package Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 16:02   #2664
man
Asset

Introduction

Greetings. 33, American, seeking 18X.

I desire to maximize my potential.
To this point, civilian life, right now, is limiting my potential.
I think of what I can be and that I should be doing more.

Special Forces appears to be the only logical mechanism for acquisition of the experience and skill set to actualize.

In general, I want to be surrounded by those that motivate me to be the best. This seems like the right place.

Please wish me well regarding preparation.
Thank you ahead of time for general wisdom.

Last edited by man; 08-27-2023 at 17:48.
man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 20:08   #2665
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by man View Post

In general, I want to be surrounded by those that motivate me to be the best. This seems like the right place.

Please wish me well regarding preparation.
Thank you ahead of time for general wisdom.
You need to be motivated all on your own....With no one surrounding you because when your Alone out in the woods, cold, tired and hurting it will only be you telling yourself to not quit.

Good luck

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 17:15   #2666
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
You need to be motivated all on your own....With no one surrounding you because when your Alone out in the woods, cold, tired and hurting it will only be you telling yourself to not quit.

Good luck
Yep
Old 02-13-2024, 09:20   #2667
Philippe
Asset

Recherche du Lt Colonel Duane Barber depuis 1982, web 92

Présentation de Philippe inscrit en début février 2024.

Bonjour à tous;

Ancien Para commando belge et en service actif au 1Bn Para belge en 1982, nous fûmes choisis à 16 hommes du Bn à participer à un stage "Course" au 10Th Special Force Group de Bad Tölz Germany.
Ce stage fut pour moi tant exceptionnel qu'inoubliable et restera à jamais gravé dans ma mémoire.
Stage terminé j'ai personnellement reçu mes brevets et insignes + COIN des mains du Lt Colonel Duane Barber mais à cette époque je ne parlais pas assez bien l'anglais pour tenir une conversation.
Durant 40 ans j'ai tenté de le retrouver mais sans succès.
Voici quelques jours j'ai trouvé ce formidable site et lu dans un fil de discussion sur 10Th merous où Agorsteen écrivait avoir diné entre autre avec Duane Barber.
Ainsi la raison pour laquelle je me retrouve parmi vous.

J'ai trouvé cette page en fil de présentation, j'espère ne point m'être trompé!

Bien cordialement, Philippe Vigneron.
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 15:18   #2668
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Présentation de Philippe inscrit en début février 2024.

Bonjour à tous;

Ancien Para commando belge et en service actif au 1Bn Para belge en 1982, nous fûmes choisis à 16 hommes du Bn à participer à un stage "Course" au 10Th Special Force Group de Bad Tölz Germany.
Ce stage fut pour moi tant exceptionnel qu'inoubliable et restera à jamais gravé dans ma mémoire.
Stage terminé j'ai personnellement reçu mes brevets et insignes + COIN des mains du Lt Colonel Duane Barber mais à cette époque je ne parlais pas assez bien l'anglais pour tenir une conversation.
Durant 40 ans j'ai tenté de le retrouver mais sans succès.
Voici quelques jours j'ai trouvé ce formidable site et lu dans un fil de discussion sur 10Th merous où Agorsteen écrivait avoir diné entre autre avec Duane Barber.
Ainsi la raison pour laquelle je me retrouve parmi vous.

J'ai trouvé cette page en fil de présentation, j'espère ne point m'être trompé!

Bien cordialement, Philippe Vigneron.
Welcome, Phillippe. Today I am grateful for Google translate!

Bienvenue Philippe. Aujourd'hui, je suis reconnaissant pour Google Translate*!
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote