Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 07-31-2013, 19:13   #1171
lmed90
SF Candidate

Introduction

My name is Lance Medina and I will be attending Colorado Christian University to earn my MBA. I have just celebrated my first anniversary with my wife Jennifer and could not be happier in life. I have attended LTC at Ft. Knox this summer gain a basic knowledge about the Army, however I am planning on enlisting after graduate school through the 18x program. I am thrilled to learn from this forum, and formulate a better context of what a Special Forces Carrier demands. Thank you for the opportunity.
lmed90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:49   #1172
Juice
SF Candidate

Hello my name is James, I'm currently in the Army reserves. I got a conditional release to go active duty through the 18x program but I learned that I need to raise my GT score a little bit, so while I've been waiting to retest I've been doing all the research I can do.
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 14:40   #1173
Holy Warrior
SF Candidate

Hello to everyone on these forums, I'm just an 18xray shipping out on Monday.
Old 08-03-2013, 14:42   #1174
VVV
Asset

Hi everyone, 24 years old, former college wrestler, and MMA fighter, worked as a state police officer, resigned recently to pursue a faster paced career, currently taking the next few months to train physically and mentally to prepare, to pursue and hopefully be successful in a SF or Seal career, I'm leaning SF, but undecided at this point in time.
VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 17:46   #1175
Witz
Asset

Hello, I would like to say thank you to all the members in the military on this site for your service. To the Quiet Professionals: thank you for willingly sharing your invaluable knowledge and advice regarding Special Forces.

I am a student at a small, northeastern college interested in Special Forces. I volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters and play a NCAA Division 1 sport. I want to become a man for others, dedicated to the pursuit of a good and virtuous life, by helping foreign and domestic people in need of help. My reason for joining this message board is to learn what it takes to become a good man by choosing a path that involves trying out for Special Forces, wearing the tab and beret, and conducting UW, FID, CT, SR, and DA as a Special Forces soldier. I have learned a lot already from reading posts written by Quiet Professionals and other knowledgable members of the board. After I graduate I want to pursue obtaining a Rep-63 contract, if trying out is still the calling I think it is. I greatly admire all those who live the motto, De oppresso liber.

Thank you,

Witz
Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 20:25   #1176
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVV View Post
Hi everyone, 24 years old, former college wrestler, and MMA fighter, worked as a state police officer, resigned recently to pursue a faster paced career, currently taking the next few months to train physically and mentally to prepare, to pursue and hopefully be successful in a SF or Seal career, I'm leaning SF, but undecided at this point in time.
As out of sequence as you got your Intro,.......I'd say .....maybe you should lean more to the Squeals!!!

Later
Martin
Old 08-03-2013, 22:42   #1177
raptorfusion
SF Candidate

Introduction

Hello everyone, My name is Don, i'm 20 years old and I have wanted to join the military since i was in high school. I have been doing my best to prepare myself mentally and physically for SF training and i have never felt so motivated to keep on going. I plan to go 18x in the near future. Been reading around the site for 7 months now and thought i should go ahead and make a intro. I have always looked up to the QP's and the standards they hold themselves to and i will strive to be the best i can be for myself and those around me. Thank you to everyone who served, i look forward to learning as much as i can from everyone to be successful in my future endeavors.

Thanks, Don.
raptorfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:00   #1178
tecton
Asset

Hello all.

I've just started the paperwork required for an 18X contract and will hopefully be locking this down within the next few weeks. I look forward to being part of, and contributing all I can your esteemed warrior culture.

I'm in NYC (upper west side) and if anyone is looking for a training partner or if former SF guys would like to give some advice to a candidate, I would happily meet you at your convenience and would very much appreciate the advice on my training split and anything SF related (I'll buy the coffee or beer). I have a lot to learn and am eager to get started.

Respectfully,
tecton

Last edited by tecton; 08-04-2013 at 12:36.
tecton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:58   #1179
IcePick1224
Asset

Young soldier here to learn

Greetings everyone. This being my first post, I'd like to thank everyone involved in this site for providing me with invaluable resources to better focus my training efforts. Also your, "look it up" approach to finding out more information has greatly helped me even in my young military career. I'm currently serving in the WVNG and am hoping to have a chance to try out for 19th Group soon. Any and all advice/criticism is welcome.
IcePick1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 21:51   #1180
DontPanic

Hello again everyone. I registered as "ShiftShaper" back in 2008 and have lurked pretty consistently since then. My original intro was on an old thread which was deleted some time ago. I figured I'd just go ahead and post a new one. I recently completed my first enlistment in the Navy and am currently working toward a degree in applied physics. After I finish, I'd like to enlist in the Army and go through SFAS. When I'm not studying, I volunteer as a strength and conditioning coach at the local high school, as well as work as an olympic weightlifting coach for the competitors at a CrossFit gym.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:30   #1181
Blackjack_SCOUT
Asset

Blackjack_SCOUT's brief intro

Greetings gentlemen,
I am a Cavalry Scout (19D20) who joined the CAV (back in 2004) as the best stepping stone to become SF. I was initially active duty but I am now in the Guard. I have accomplished many things as a scout and have done some interesting things on the civilian side involving shooting and being part of a tactical team. I feel that now is the right time to go after my dream and go SF. I would like to thank all of you quiet professionals for providing us with this wealth of information as well as your service to our nation. I am not here to post questions or comments but, as a good scout should, be silent and collect information. If any of you have any questions for me or would like me to elaborate on anything please feel free to contact me at any time.

Continuing to observe,
Blackjack_SCOUT

Scouts out!
Blackjack_SCOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 13:56   #1182
Yakman
Asset

Hello, name is Josh and I'm 20 years old. I hail from PA and I am a 13b in a Guard unit. I am actually re-classing to 19d when I come back from my deployment. This board is a wealth of knowledge and it's a refresher to hear from those who have a thirst to improve themselves as well.
Yakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:48   #1183
Glen
Asset

Introduction

Greetings,
I’m a mid 50’s Pro America, Military, and LE type of guy with no prior service. In my younger days I took up target shooting and reloading. In the late 70’s I started skydiving and have about 60 jumps. In 1980 I was one of the jumpers at the SOF Convention that performed the demo jump into Ray Chapman’s range. My last jump was also my only jump from a Huey, which was back in 1985. During the mid to late 80’s I supported the anti communist Contras and was able to make a few trips to their camps on the Nicaraguan Honduran border. In 1987 I participated in a SF training exercise called Crystal Caverns which took place in South Louisiana. Starting in 2000 I became interested in Long Range shooting and was able to attend the Sniper Challenge in 2002 and 2004. Since then I have taken firearm classes at CSAT and VATA. In the last few years I have been working with one of the border security groups and make trips down to the border about twice a year. On one border watch I was part of a team that stopped a couple of Chinese Nationals. My current interest is Ham radio, I received my amateur radio license in 2010. When I have time I fire up some of my old Military radios and check into the nightly Military Radio Net. The last time I checked in on the net I used a 1968 Collins KWM-2. Thanks for taking the time to read my intro.

In closing, I would like to thank everyone who has served or is serving in our Armed Forces and those on the thin blue line.

Regards,
Glen
KF5FNP
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:32   #1184
jjaflague
Asset

Guten tag!

My name is Justin, and I've been in this community for seven years now. I served in the 173rd ABN BDE for OIF I, and after returning to Vicenza in early 2004, I applied to SFAS. Long story short--made it, got through the Q-course, and got to spend five very good years on ODA 014, (now 0114 since the whole 4th BN stand-up), where my peers and I were fortunate to learn under the tutelage of some real legends, (Doug Vose and Stony Jackson to name two). I'm currently waiting for my sequence number to be called when I'll have to drop my 18E identifier and become an 18Z, and hopefully be fortunate enough to serve back in 10th SFG at Carson after I finish paying my staff penance in Tampa.

I'm hoping to learn as much as I can from those who have "been there" and "done that" so I can do my part to move the regiment and my future ODA forward. I'd also like to send a shout-out to DeMo for all of his patience while instructing me back in Washington in 2009.

DeMo, it's good to see you're doing well.

Thanks all,
-Justin
jjaflague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 18:45   #1185
Jimmyjam
SF Candidate

Hello to all, my name is James I'm currently in the national guard and serve as a 15A, which is a Blackhawk pilot. I'm trying out for 20th Group in October and hopefully plan to be in an SFAS class within 6-12 months.
Jimmyjam is offline   Reply With Quote