Old 03-27-2013, 09:41   #991
raphaelmpr
Asset

Cool Introduccion

Good Day All!!

I have not been in this site for a while, so I decided to re-introduce myself.
Did the whole Officer thing, MI branch, been gone on training and TDYs.

I was introduced to this site when I was in a GRP in FL. As a reservist now, I want to go to SFAS instead of my MI CCC. Hopefully I can figure out how to do that, network, and more on this site. Have seen alot of knowledgeable guys on here, good stuff.

Memories leading an NQP team doing a "snake" run, made me tuck my balls in a bit as I got called out, ha!:
"Who said hooah!? who said hooah?!!, no one says hooah here!!, only people who say hooah are people that lack motiviation! you dont need hooah for motiviation, it comes from within you! now shut the F#$ Up and move it!"
-NQP Cadre
Old 03-27-2013, 09:56   #992
Mad_BomberEOD
Asset

Introduction

My name is Matt. I am currently Active Duty Army EOD serving in Afghanistan.I've been in the Army for 6 years. My prior MOS was communications in 2nd Brigade, 82nd Airborne Division.

I came here looking for information about Special Forces as I am going to attend SFAS after this deployment. I've been given a lot of the normal mystique and myth surrounding Special Forces, but I just want to make the most informed decision possible. Also, I figured this would be a community to offer a slice of "Humble Pie" and a reality check if needed.
Mad_BomberEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 18:15   #993
Bnwilliams
Asset

I'm a U.S. Marine infantryman with 14 years of service. I've spent most of that time in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
Bnwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:00   #994
Leadhead
Asset

I am 17 years old with aspirations to become a SF soldier. I would like to be an 18 Bravo, but I would certainly be happy with another other MOS. I love my country, my firearms, and my motorcycles.

Thank yall for having me, and thanks for your service.
Leadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:47   #995
bread
Asset

Hello everyone.
Did 4 years in the reserves, and have been lurking this forum for a little over 2. Was fortunate enough to get a release and will be shipping out as an 18x in the coming weeks. I look forward to the opportunity to serve with you fine soldiers.
bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 00:30   #996
Random Sleepy
SF Candidate

Hello All

Hello,
My name is Chris and I am a SSG and have been active for 8 years as a 31B. I am currently in Sutttgart. I have always wanted to get into a SOF unit because my MOS is not satisfying my needs. Im here to learn as much as I can before selection later this year.
Random Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:17   #997
Gholla44
Asset

introduction

Hello,
I am a 30 year old active duty Air Force member, originally from Upstate NY. I am currently deployed and working in a logistics career field. I have a bachelors degree with a major in History, minor in German Language. I am fluent in German, and also was a 4 year division I basketball player. During this deployment I am going to begin a masters degree in Intelligence Studies. I have lived and worked in Germany and Austria, as a civilian, working at a vineyard during my time in Germany. I chose to join the military a bit later in life, because I wanted a new challenge/adventure. I am interested in joining Army SF in the national guard. I joined this site, as a result of a family member of mine. who was an SF operator, recommending that I could gather some good information and advice here. I am looking forward to learning from this site. I have alot of respect for all past and present Special Operations soldiers, and hope to become one sometime in the near future.
Gholla44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:37   #998
Young Sage
Asset

Hello there!

My name is Pedro. I am 18 years old and interested in becoming one of the best. I know the chances are slim to none. But, there is a something inside me that burns to become a "Quiet Professional." I would be happy to take anyone and everyone's advice.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:44   #999
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Young "Sage"?

Wise through reflection and experience? Really?
Old 04-02-2013, 09:20   #1000
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjefe View Post
Wise through reflection and experience? Really?
Yes, as in "Artemisia tridentata (sagebrush) is an aromatic shrub from the family Asteraceae..."
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 17:55   #1001
CmbtDvr185
Asset

Intro

Joined PS awhile back but this is my first post. 18E and 18Z in 1st Grp from 93 -05. Did time in all 3 Bn's.
CmbtDvr185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:12   #1002
cas21488
Asset

My name is Josh, I did four years in the Marines as an infantryman, deployed twice to Iraq. I'm currently serving a two year enlistment in the MA national guard and completing my BA degree in CJS. I plan on being a sponge here and just absorb as much information as possible.
cas21488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 20:00   #1003
AndrewF
Asset

Hello all!

My name is Andrew, and I would first like to thank all Special Forces soldiers for your service, as my wife and I have great respect for you all. I am 21 with some college and a few years of a language under my belt. I am currently working out my enlistment right now and will be given the 18x option. Along with the book, "How to get Selected," I am here to learn as much as I can about what it takes to become a Special Forces soldier; as well as conversating with a relative who made a career with SF. I'm here to learn everything that I can and honor all operators during my stay, thank you all for this opportunity.

_Andrew
AndrewF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 13:22   #1004
HFC
Asset

Intro

I'm a Cav guy with the 82d. I spent 8 years in the infantry split between the Marine Corps and Army before jumping to the Recon side. I found this site while looking for ways to improve our comms between Platoon and Troop. I found some great answers and keep coming back to see different opinions and advice on various topics to include weapons, kit, commo, etc...
HFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:11   #1005
The Rock
Asset

Intro

I'm a infantryman in a NG mech unit. I' have virtually have no dismounted experience as I've been in a Bradley crew for over a year now and it kinda sucks but I pick up things here and there. I'm also Airborne qualified which seems to be kinda of a big deal when your in a NG mech unit (not to me, still a leg ). I joined this site because my goal is to one day become SF and figure this is best site to get good tips and accurate information regarding SFAS and the Q course.
The Rock is offline   Reply With Quote