Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 07-12-2012, 11:05   #391
thid92
Asset

Hi PS,

I been in the Army NG since 99 when I enlisted into a light artillery battery. I have stayed around artillery my entire career, deployed to Iraq 04-05 at PB volunteer in baghdad where I conducted security for the Iraqi police graduations/QRF, convoy security and was part of our 24H route patrol.

Came back and got a job AGR as a Logistics NCO and have been trying to go back to the line ever since.

I have always liked shooting and the tactical aspect of shooting, I have attended a few Combat competitions and shot for my state team. I just graduated SDM in Arkansas with the National Guard.

I been reading a lot on this website since my join date and like most of the information that I find other than some immature non QPS.

Last edited by thid92; 01-25-2017 at 15:51.
thid92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 13:44   #392
Flo12B
Asset

Hello and Thank You

Hello, my name is Steve and am currently in the US Army as a 12B (Combat Engineer). I am 24 years old and have been enlisted now for a little over two years in a Route Clearance Company. I have supported and been supported by your brothers overseas and am motivated by this community. I won't be posting as there is already an enormous wealth of knowledge here. I'll be researching an potentially dropping a packet in the future. Thank you for keeping a resource like this available.

Steve
Flo12B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 22:30   #393
banacka
Asset

23 year old currently serving active duty in the Air Force. I'm looking to go blue to green with an 18x contract. The AF is not for me, entirely different than I originally thought it to be. Especially making the decision to go in with an "Open General" contract and getting 3M0X1 (Services). I want to serve with the best, and don't want anything more than I want this opportunity. Thanks to those who serve, who have served and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
banacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 23:02   #394
watchful
Asset

hello

Hello. Just wanted to say thank you to all the QP for your sevice. I joined this forum to hopefully glean some practical wisdom from your experiences and learn some things that could be put to use in practical everyday life.
Thanks again.
watchful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:01   #395
TiroFijo
Asset

Hi, I'm Ruben N. and I'm a 50 year old civil engineer from Asuncion, Paraguay. I don't have any military background or training, but I'm an avid shooter and small arms student. I like to keep an eye on small arms development, military and LE use, ballistics, etc.

I've been lucky to correspond with many very knowledgeable people around the world discussing these topics, specially precision long range shooting/ballistics, learned a lot and I've contributed too. Thanks for letting me join here to learn more.

Best wishes to you all from your friend down south
TiroFijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:24   #396
SFOC0173
Auxiliary

Introduction

Graduated from the Airborne and Ranger school in 1970, was in VN from Jun 70 to Jan 72, assigned to 2Bn 12 Cav and then 1Bn 12 Cav. Graduated from SFOC in 1972 and was sent to NATO Support Activity in Brussels, left active duty Sep 73 and spent the rest my time in the NG. (2Bn 134IN and 1Bn 635AR)
SFOC0173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:07   #397
nikolibolkolf
SF Candidate

Hello.

I am a twenty-three year-old graduate of DePauw University with a double major in Classical Civilizations and Ancient Greek language. I have an 18X contract and I am set to ship this fall.
nikolibolkolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 16:44   #398
martyn
Asset

martyn

I'm an Arkansas Army National Guard soldier, 68W. Graduating college soon, and planning to attend SFRE. I appreciate advice, criticism, and good conversation with anyone that is competent in a given subject. I'm interested in Arabic culture and language, engineering of any variety, and field craft. I fear complacency more than failure, and have a hearty respect for common sense approaches to just about everything.
martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 20:00   #399
DrFunny
Asset

Introduction

Hello,

I am a 19 year old student. Through researching about the Army Special Forces, I stumbled upon this forum. Currently, I am a math major, but I'm greatly interested in learning foreign languages and about other cultures. I am studying Chinese in college, self-teaching myself Japanese, slowly learning how to read my mother tongue, and cleaning up my Spanish. I also am on my college dragonboat team, which has taught me a lot about perseverance and "pushing oneself." In the future, I plan to join the army as an officer and then attempt to join the Special Forces. I look forward to reading and learning from the wealth of information here!
DrFunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 15:28   #400
bushmaster11
Guerrilla

Post inroduction message

Welcome all, J R here. Thanks for this forum;

EAD on 14 Feb 66 as PVT E-1 - Medical Retired 26 May 85 as Captain.

2 tours USAEUR - various
2 tours USARV - Both with 5th SFG(A) Aug 68-Jun 69, Sep 69 - Dec 70

Terminal Assigment - Test Development Officer, US Army Infantry Board

Awards: BSM w/ 3 OLC; PH w/ OLC; MSM; ARCOM w/ "V" and 2 OLC; GCM; variety ribbons; Viet Honor Medal, 2d Class; Viet Staff Service Medal, 2d Class; CIB; Prcht Badge; Viet Prcht Badge; Expert Marksman w/ Rifle and Pistol bars; Special Forces Tab

University of Florida, BS in Aug 77

Life member Special Forces Association - M-986 since 1991
Life member Special Operations Association - 626-GL since 1985

Commercial, CFI, Instrument, CFII, Multi-engine - Airplane
Commercial, CFI - Rotary Wing

Pilot Boeing 727 Co-Pilot - Eastern Airlines

De Oppresso Liber

Last edited by bushmaster11; 07-15-2012 at 21:30.
bushmaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 21:44   #401
Imperium
Asset

Introduction

Good evening. I am a 17 year old high school senior. I am currently working on an enlistment with the Illinois National Guard, I'm just waiting on a waiver for my vision to get back. Hopefully when it does, I'll contract as an 11B. I plan on doing ROTC, but Special Forces has been a goal of mine for a very long time, one of which I am extremely passionate about pursuing. The son of a permanently wounded Vietnam Vet, I've wanted to be in the military since I found out what a soldier was. I'm not some kid who thought it looked cool on Call of Duty. I hold the utmost respect for anyone who served. With that established, I'd like to say thank you to all of the Quiet Professionals for your service, as well as your dedication to running this forum. It is much appreciated.
Imperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:19   #402
SGTSpalding
Asset

Hey all,

I've been following this forum for almost a year now and finally decided to make an account. I am a 38B (Civil Affairs) with both a deployment to OIF (04-05) and OEF (06-07). I spent the last couple years as a USACAPOC Mobilization Trainer out of JB McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst. I am currently assigned to the Warrior Transition Unit in MD.

-Thanks for having me
SGTSpalding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:42   #403
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Welcome all!

Team Sergeant
Old 07-17-2012, 01:55   #404
therunningwolf
Asset

Thanks for having me

Howdy, thanks for having me. I'm just a regular guy from a small town in the South that likes running, hunting, picking things up and carrying stuff. This site has a lot of good info in it so I wanted to say thank you for giving me this opportunity. If there's no questions for me I'm gonna shut up now. I'll be in the corner with my ear to the rail if anyone needs me.
therunningwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:06   #405
Unapologetic Soldier
SF Candidate

Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Make your first post here:
Hello all, my name is Joe. I’m active duty Army, have been for about eight years now. Currently on deployment in AFGAN, this is my fourth deployment. I attended SFAS in September 2012 then got swept up on deployment. I’ll attend SFQC when I return state side, should get my dates next month, pushing for March. My wife and I are very excited to start our new life in FT Bragg when I get back.

Failure is not an option!
Unapologetic Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote