Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 05-08-2015, 15:24   #1861
Lionshare
Guerrilla

Last edited by Lionshare; 07-20-2020 at 14:27.
Lionshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:46   #1862
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakedeep View Post
Gnorr7 -

Welcome to the site.

Just FYI, if you decide to enlist, you currently do not have to wait until your 20th birthday to get the contract. I received my contract shortly after my 19th birthday. A recruiter will be able to help you if this is the route you decide to pursue.

Good luck.
Jake
Unless you are a past or present Special Forces soldier you do not give Special Forces "advice" on this website. And you will receive only one warning, you're just lucky its not through the left temple.
Old 05-10-2015, 17:55   #1863
CryptKeeper
Asset

I've been perusing this board for the past couple of years, and it has been an invaluable asset in my preparations. Furthermore, I've recently obtained a REP-63 contract with the MSARNG. I believe that I will be far better prepared because of the knowledge that I've gained here, and I would like to thank all those who have contributed so much.
Old 05-11-2015, 22:06   #1864
nn.u.r.p.h.y
Asset

l have been lurking here for a while. It is a great privilege to be able to learn from the wisdom and experience on this site. Those who serve and especially the Quiet Professionals have my utmost respect. Your example of dedication and selfless service is truly an inspiration.

Last edited by nn.u.r.p.h.y; 01-26-2016 at 17:56.
nn.u.r.p.h.y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:10   #1865
gcw10
Asset

I too have been poking my nose around here for awhile now, (just keeping to myself and not be tempted to say something stupid). I am a 21 year old student at the original USC of south carolina. I have been obsessed with the idea of joining the military since I was a kid and have spent the good bit of the last decade researching the military and all it's branches. If there's anything I could look back on in my life with pride and distinction would be me being part of the Green Berets. Thank you all current and former members of this organization and I will do all in my power to join this group.
gcw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 14:43   #1866
Polecat
Asset

Polecat

Hello all,

I am just a grunt looking for the next level. My goal has always been to become a Green Beret, and after spending two years in an infantry unit, I am ready for the next step. I love helping others, and I want to make a real difference in the war.. I want to be part of a very tight-knit team, and inspire others to make a difference as well.

To all of the Quiet Professionals, and retired warriors on here that keep this website going, I want to say thanks for taking time out of your lives to answer our questions (no matter how dumb some may be) and helping us achieve our goals.

Wishing you all the best of everything,

Polecat
Polecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 15:51   #1867
Saiyan
Asset

Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Saiyan and I have just recently enlisted. I will be graduating from Rutgers this upcoming Sunday and will be shipping out July 20th with an 18x contract. I have been lurking on this site for quite sometime and after I joined, the search feature has been quite the friend.

I look forward to all the challenges that await me.
Thank you for having me and thank you all for your service.

Cheers
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 20:11   #1868
CW13
Asset

Introduction

Good evening Quiet Professionals,

I am twenty-four years old and hope to enlist soon. I have enjoyed reading through the forums of this website. Thank you for the service you provide through operating this page and allowing outsiders to be a part of it.

Very respectfully,
CW13
CW13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 21:17   #1869
Marzul
Asset

Introduction

I would like to start by saying thank you for allowing me to join "QP". I have been lurking and reading for awhile.

I am a 6 year naval air crew veteran. Mostly overland reconnaissance and submarine hunting. For a sort time, on a Southern Island, I had the opportunity to work with a group of "Quiet Professionals". I have never forget this time in my life and part of me still regrets never testing myself further. I'm proud of my services but even prouder of the men that go bump in the night. Thank you for your relentless attitude and unwavering dedication to honor and duty. Also, thank you again for allowing me to steal a glimpse of this life through the dirty window.

Sincerely,
AW2

Last edited by Marzul; 05-13-2015 at 06:48.
Marzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:44   #1870
LRK
Asset

2nd Introduction

I first found this website before BCT, Since then I have gotten some experience in my PMOS and am trying to get to selection. I'm open to any kind of questions but I prefer to field them in a more private manner.
LRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 16:01   #1871
Hawkman
Asset

Like many others, I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time (~10 years) and decided it was about time to make an intro post.

I've always wanted to help people to the best of my ability, and I believe SF is the way to go for me.

I look forward to learning even more from all the past, present, and future Green Berets here.
Hawkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 18:02   #1872
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Welcome Gent's!
Old 05-15-2015, 19:49   #1873
xXJKLivinXx
BANNED USER

Thank you

My name is David. I'm 25. I'm hoping to enlist with the Army in July after finding out earlier this year that my "bradycardia" no longer exists. Hoping for an 18x contract. Im doing everything I can to obtain it, but if I don't qualify then I'll be just as happy serving in another MOS.
I was "invited" here from another forum and I've been lurking the threads when I have the time to get on the Internet. Thank you for your service and thank you for allowing me to be apart of the group here. Have a blessed day.
xXJKLivinXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:39   #1874
Murican
Asset

Hello

Hello everybody, I made a new account because I stopped using my old email. Years ago I made a post about sleep deprivation and trying out for SF. I came to this forum in search of a mentor.

Long story short, after some thorough soul searching while I was in ROTC, I decided that SF is something I want to do in my life. I wanted to take advantage of my physical fitness, courage, creativity, people skills, and language skills. I thought it was a perfect fit for me until I got diagnosed with Bipolar I disorder and was barred from the military.

After two tries in joining the military with no avail, I became a language speaking flight attendant for a major airline. This job offers me everything I wanted in SF except for the excitement and camaraderie.

I've started to take care of my Bipolar disorder with daily mindfulness meditation, I mean what else is there to do? And by a long shot, maybe one day I'll be mentally fit enough to tryout for SF again. There is absolutely nothing like SF for me in the civilian world, and I will never stop trying, as stupid as it may be. Giving up this dream would be accepting defeat, and it just doesn't feel right. All I want is a chance to prove myself.

Maybe I won't find a mentor in this forum, maybe all I will get is some good conversation, and I'll be happy with that. I'm also here to make friends.
Murican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 16:47   #1875
gwu
Asset

Introduction

Hi everyone,

I have been reading up on this forum for a few months now and have found the information to be extremely helpful in learning about the SF profession. I am 26 years old and recently enlisted with a REP-63 contract. I am very excited about getting the journey underway. Thank you to the QPs for taking to time to provide such an invaluable resource for the rest of us.
gwu is offline   Reply With Quote