Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Ammo Talk

Old 12-02-2008, 07:55   #16
Gene Econ
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Gene - If I haven't weighed in on this one yet, what makes you think I'm going to "take out the [expletive deleted]" now? Are you headed this way anytime soon? I want to pick your brains about the RA's experiences with the 110. (Last time I asked LR1947 it took drugs to get his BP back to normal!)
PG:

May be pretty soon in fact due to some news I just got about some training.

Not much to pick about the M-110. My information is that it "needs work" and that is putting it politely. Never had much luck with the SR-25 either. I have had an AR-10 for about ten years and mistrust it due to repeated failures to function. Funny thing about it and other .30 caliber gas guns is that they all seem to love that old M-852 Match but sucks with anything else.

Maybe my 'bullet grain' and 'twisted' aren't right.

Gene
Gene Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:03   #17
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Gene:

I think he was trying to be glib, not using the terms literally.

Have you tried any of the new AR-10 mags? They seem to improve function significantly with mine.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 19:15   #18
Gene Econ
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Gene: I think he was trying to be glib, not using the terms literally. Have you tried any of the new AR-10 mags? They seem to improve function significantly with mine. TR
TR:

Roger -- knew that. He has a sense of humor similar to mine. Very dry.

No, haven't tried new AR-10 mags as of yet. The problem wasn't necessarily with the magazines but extractor and ejector this go around. The last couple were over gassed systems common to commercial uppers. Finally I got it rebuilt with a decent gas system and a decent barrel. Still a beast to deal with. Awkward is about the best way to explain it. Not sure I want to pump more money into it but will take a look at some magazines.

A strange beast indeed.

Gene
Gene Econ is offline   Reply With Quote