Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Special Forces Fieldcraft

Old 10-29-2004, 14:24   #1
Endorphin Rush
Guerrilla

Woodland operations for SWAT teams

Guys,

I will purposely leave details out of this post for opsec reasons. However, what I am looking for are any proven tactics to accomplish specific tasks.

I am looking for any training guidelines specific to woodland operations for SWAT teams. Specifically, I am interested in any tactics used by, or taught to police/government or private agencies by, Special Forces in regards to raiding, or the service of warrants on, drug labs/operations in woodland areas, and in the performance of HRT in woodland areas.

We currently have only trained in the above areas in relation to man-made structures and, although we are still learning and improving, would like to extend our capabilities. We currently use NTOA for most of our formal training, however, they offer no course work in this specific area.

To conclude, I will request that if anyone does care to respond and provide any detail that would violate opsec, please respond via email. I am capable of sending identification electronically and providing any contact information that would assist in verifying my employment. In the event that you are uncomfortable in providing detail, even a reference to any person or organization that could provide such training would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

ER
Endorphin Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 17:36   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

ER,

This training request related to counter-drug ops?

TS
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:39   #3
Endorphin Rush
Guerrilla

TS,

Thanks to you and everyone else who replied !!!

I'll let you know how we make out.

ER
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2004_0611digipics0011_1 (Small).JPG (70.4 KB, 188 views)
Old 11-03-2004, 21:26   #4
desafiamos
Quiet Professional

ER, actually the NTOA does offer a rural ops training it just might not be listed . Call Laura Gerhart there and she can hook you up with two of the PA State Police guys ( among several others) who are the NTOA instructors for that subject and can hook you up with training that will be relevant to your mission.
Old 11-04-2004, 00:03   #5
Endorphin Rush
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by desafiamos
ER, actually the NTOA does offer a rural ops training it just might not be listed . Call Laura Gerhart there and she can hook you up with two of the PA State Police guys ( among several others) who are the NTOA instructors for that subject and can hook you up with training that will be relevant to your mission.
desafiamos,

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Funny that you mention Laura...I just spoke with her last week. Guess I should have thought to ask her while I had her on the phone. Can't say that I've ever seen it on their website or in any of their manuals and just assumed that they didn't provide any of that type training (yet, anyway). We just did their intermediate / advanced SWAT last year with Cartner and Murphy.

Much appreciated!!!!!!

ER