Old 12-31-2008, 12:21   #1
jwh335
BANNED USER

SF stance on ADHD

I am curious if it is possible to enlist 18X if one has been previously diagnosed with ADHD and has been talking medications such as Strattera?

Thanks for all replies in advance.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:34   #2
Richard
Quiet Professional

This one has varied from time-to-time over the years and is a DA level question vs a strictly SF one. Go ask a recruiter to find out what the current position is on this topic.

Richard's $.02
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Old 12-31-2008, 13:42   #3
Kyobanim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh335 View Post
I am curious if it is possible to enlist 18X if one has been previously diagnosed with ADHD and has been talking medications such as Strattera?

Might be a good idea to go back and read the welcome email you received when you registered as well as all the stickies.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Old 12-31-2008, 15:05   #4
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Clearly not, if your condition prevents you from taking the time to read the instructions you were sent, or to bothering to read the rules before posting.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 12-31-2008, 15:55   #5
jwh335
BANNED USER

Quote:
Dear jwh335,

Thank you for registering at the Professional Soldiers ®. Before we can activate your account one last step must be taken to complete your registration.

Please note - you must complete this last step to become a registered member. You will only need to visit this URL once to activate your account.

To complete your registration, please visit this URL:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...164&i=43889084

<a href="http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/register.php?a=act&u=12164&i=43889084">America Online Users Please Visit Here to be Activated</a>

**** Does The Above URL Not Work? ****
If the above URL does not work, please use your Web browser to go to:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ster.php?a=ver

Please be sure not to add extra spaces. You will need to type in your username and activation number on the page that appears when you visit the URL.

Your Username is: jwh335
Your Activation ID is: 43889084

If you are still having problems signing up please contact a member of our support staff at jd@professionalsoldiers.com

All the best,
Professional Soldiers ®
Quote:
Dear jwh335,

Thanks for registering at Professional Soldiers! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay. (Remember there is a 72 hour "Read only" period for all new members.)

All the best,
Professional Soldiers Team
You all keep mentioning instructions in an email but I can't find them. The only thing I read is to activate my account. If you can see anything else in either of these that constitutes an instruction, by all means let me know.

My bad for not reading the stickies, but I don't see what the emails have to do with anything.

Last edited by jwh335; 12-31-2008 at 16:09.
Old 12-31-2008, 16:10   #6
Pete
Quiet Professional

Let Crip Handle it

I see you working Crip.

You others stand clear.
Old 12-31-2008, 16:11   #7
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Oh no you didnt...

jwh335:

It is considered very rude to walk up into a strangers house and start asking questions as soon as the door closes behind you. This is our house (SF qualified soldiers) you are a guest here.

Kyo was nice enough to hint you towards reading the stickies. However it would seem you decided not to follow his advice. Then The Reaper followed with suggesting (telling) you read the rules before posting to which you also ignored. Given your lack of ability to pick up on hints, let me be straight forward with you. Go read the rules for the board (search and you will find them) and comply with whats asked.

SF is a very detail oriented calling, one that requires you to be a step ahead of the game instead of a step behind. Guess where you are.

In closing, you can save the snide remarks. We find them neither acceptable or amuzing; they will not be tolerated.

What questions do you have on this block of instruction? NONE, good.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 12-31-2008 at 16:24.
Old 12-31-2008, 16:20   #8
jwh335
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric View Post
What questions do you have on this block of instruction?
Where does the email come into play?
Old 12-31-2008, 16:28   #9
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Troll to Crip, over.

Crip, Target acquired, you have grid jwh335, over.

Shot, over.

Fire for effect. out.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
Old 12-31-2008, 16:32   #10
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Where does the email come into play?
You have a serious issue with following concise directions dont you junior...

I told you (above) to go do something; now go do it.

Dont post again until its done or you will be banned.

Crip

Old 12-31-2008, 16:37   #11
jwh335
BANNED USER

Quote:
You have a serious issue with following directions dont you junior...

Furthermore, SF is looking for men who dont need their hands held and who can work without supervision. You may want to consider continuing the career path you are on now. It would appear this one isnt for you.

I told you (above) to go do something; now go do it.

Dont post again until its done or you will be banned.

Crip
You really get worked up over this forum, don't you?

You might as well ban me because if you don't I'll probably just keep messing with you about how the email doesn't actually have instructions like you think it does.
Old 12-31-2008, 16:40   #12
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
You really get worked up over this forum, don't you?

You might as well ban me because if you don't I'll probably just keep messing with you about how the email doesn't actually have instructions like you think it does.
Say goodbye.

Old 12-31-2008, 16:40   #13
jwh335
BANNED USER

Quote:
Say goodbye.
Later
Old 12-31-2008, 16:45   #14
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Too LATE!!! Obviously you are Non-Qual, since you obviously can not function unless on meds!!!

Shot OUT!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 17:57   #15
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

jwh335,

Everyone that registers has to "first" check the box stating that they in fact read "this" registration message (see below) I've highlighted a part that might be of personal interest to you. Stupid is as stupid does. (It also comes as an email when you confirm your email activation.)

Team Sergeant

All new members will be placed in a 72 hour reading only status. All new Quiet Professionals and others with good cause may request an exception to policy waiver from an Admin. Hopefully, that time will be put to good use searching, reading, and learning the rules, as well as acquiring decent Situational Awareness (SA) for the board. After 72 hours, new members will be promoted and will be able to post. An introduction would be a good way to start. (see Below)

Professional Soldiers Bulletin Board Rules:

1. We encourage new members to observe a forum before posting, which will avoid interrupting the tenor of a thread or a forum with inappropriate or irrelevant information. We also encourage the new member to use the board’s search options before starting a new thread which might be an inappropriate repeat of a subject that has already been covered.

2. Fill out your profile.

If you desire to engage a Quiet Professional in a discussion concerning issues you find interesting it is essential you fill out your profile. The Quiet Professionals are interested in knowing with whom they're discussing global terrorism before they post a reply. While you need not submit your birthday, a year of birth helps.

3. Introduce yourself with your first post.

When you come into our house we'd like to know a little about you. This assists in the framing of a response from a Professional Soldiers member.

4. No verbal attacks, flaming etc. Verbal assaults on a Professional Soldiers member will result in a warning and/or immediate banning from the bulletin board. Likewise a malicious verbal assault on a Quiet Professional will result in amusing the other Quiet Professionals and a possible banning by the board administrators.

5. Posting pictures: All posted pictures should be relevant to the thread they're being posted in. The posting of nudity will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate removal from the Professional Soldiers BB along with the poster.

6. Advertisements must first be approved by Professional Soldiers' Staff before posting. URLs in the signature line are not permitted. A link in a post is permitted as long as the link is relevant to the thread.

7. Think before you post. Post something unintelligent and we’ll let you know. Post something unintelligent twice and you’ll be gone. We ask no quarter and none will be given.

8. Use the search button. We are asked many of the same questions time and time again. The first time one asks a redundant question he/she will be warned, the second time might result in a banning.

9. Professional Soldiers' Staff reserves the right to edit, move, delete and/or ban anyone at anytime for any reason.

10. Individuals under the age of 17 are not encouraged to post. Individuals under the age of 14 are not permitted to register.

Professional Soldiers is owned and operated by Quiet Professionals. While all moderators may not be Quiet Professionals all of the administrators are and all have zero tolerance for foolish or troublesome members. Professional Soldiers' moderators have the total support of board administrators and Quiet Professionals. Any verbal assault on a PS moderator will not be viewed as amusing and will be dealt with unsympathetically by the board administrators.

Stupidity is not an excuse.

De Oppresso Liber
I have read, and agree to abide by the Professional Soldiers ® rules.