Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > General Medical

Old 08-10-2012, 18:56   #46
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Good Luck Teddy........ Prayers Out Get better soon.......
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 22:04   #47
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief

Anyone hear anything from Big Teddy or his family?

ss
'Revel in action, translate perceptions into instant judgements, and these into actions that are irrevocable, monumentous and dreadful - all this with lightning speed, in conditions of great stress and in an environment of high tension:what is expected of "us" is the impossible, yet we deliver just that.
(adapted from: Sherwin B. Nuland, MD, surgeon and author: The Wisdom of the Body, 1997 )

Education is the anti-ignorance we all need to better treat our patients. ss, 2008.

The blade is so sharp that the incision is perfect. They don't realize they've been cut until they're out of the fight: A Surgeon Warrior. I use a knife to defend life and to save it. ss (aka traumadoc)
swatsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:46   #48
Richard
Quiet Professional

Teddy underwent 4 1/2 hrs of quadruple by-pass surgery - the surgery went well and he's now convalescing - he's one tough ol' walrus and should be back posting amongst us here soon.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:57   #49
busa
Asset

That's great news!!
Old 08-18-2012, 22:54   #50
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Well, I finally got released from 8 days in ICU....... I'm on oxygen 24/7 for the next 6 weeks,I had a serious bout of pleural effusion(excess water and blood surrounding my heart)I was taking water pills and getting blood transfusions to compensate for my labored breathing along with several new drugs that are helping......I still have the condition,it's getting better...... I need to go into a Cardiac rehab outpatient program to build up my heart and lungs,and push myself by walking as much as possible to gain the strength I'll need in order to beat this condition,it's dragging that oxygen tank around when I need to use it that's a pain in the ass...... I've got a 50 ft oxygen cord which I haul around with me when I eat,watch tv,be at this computer,and sleep in my bedroom thats powered by a pump so I don't have to use oxygen tanks inside the house....... A Nurse will be helping Maggie with changing the dressings and other things she will be needing to learn and do ...... My knees are shot so thats going to be my next project after I beat this......

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII

Last edited by greenberetTFS; 08-18-2012 at 22:57.
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 23:14   #51
Sdiver
Area Commander

Teddy,
So glad to see you back here !!!!!!!
I'm also happy to see you up and around and your procedure went well.
Mend yourself and keep rockin away !!!!!!

It is indeed tough to keep the 'ol Walrus down.

Take Care

SD

BTW .... here's a little chuckle for ya.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow melt.jpg (29.0 KB, 59 views)
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 00:45   #52
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief

Welcome back

Recovery is never easy but worth the effort to get you back to a new "normal".
Work hard, suffer little and see your progress over time.

ss
'Revel in action, translate perceptions into instant judgements, and these into actions that are irrevocable, monumentous and dreadful - all this with lightning speed, in conditions of great stress and in an environment of high tension:what is expected of "us" is the impossible, yet we deliver just that.
(adapted from: Sherwin B. Nuland, MD, surgeon and author: The Wisdom of the Body, 1997 )

Education is the anti-ignorance we all need to better treat our patients. ss, 2008.

The blade is so sharp that the incision is perfect. They don't realize they've been cut until they're out of the fight: A Surgeon Warrior. I use a knife to defend life and to save it. ss (aka traumadoc)
swatsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:27   #53
tonyz
Area Commander

Good to hear that you're on the mend.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:16   #54
MR2
Quiet Professional

Good to hear your home and working the recovery.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:36   #55
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

The Old Walrus is tethered! Great to see you, Brother... Ya shoulda done those knees when... well, you know.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:17   #56
Sarski

Alright! I guess in comparison the knees should be pretty easy. A cake walk. A walk in the park. A walk...Ohh, sorry, didn't mean to make you laugh just yet
Old 08-19-2012, 08:34   #57
wook
Asset

Welcome back! Great to hear you're on the mend!!
wook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:18   #58
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

It's great to hear from you Big Teddy and that I'm glad you have been transitioned out of intensive care.

SwatSurgeon is sharing sage advice.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:38   #59
Oldrotorhead
Guerrilla Chief

I hope you continue to improve. Just don't jump rope with your oxygen tube.......yet
Oldrotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:45   #60
hooah12
Asset

Good to have you back!

"The reason the Middle East is so f*cked up is because no one there eats bacon. What's wrong with them? Who the f*ck doesn't eat bacon?"
-An SF Officer who shall remain unnamed
hooah12 is offline   Reply With Quote