Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2005, 18:19   #12
mffjm8509
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Ok, so conversely, if a grunt patches up his wounded buddy, will he get a CFMB or equivalent future badge? I mean, he's doing the job of a medic, right? Or, how about if a grunt calls for fire on an enemy position, will he be awarded a 13 SMOS?
I think you're missing my point. There are guys here, that reguardless of school trained MOS are doing the job of an infantryman day in and day out. They are not simply reacting to contact IAW BD2. I've worked with a couple of platoons here that because of thier experience I'd take over an infantry platoon in a second. These guys are actively persuing and closing with the enemy, and not assigned the 11B MOS. They are not by regulation authorized to recieve, nor are they being reccomended for the CIB. However those 13 series on my FOB that have held an 11 series MOS DO quailify for the CIB due to how the regulation reads, and thier direct role in ground combat.

Do you think an 11C, 11H, any 18 serires, or perhaps an Infantry staff officer is entiteled to a CIB just for service here? They are getting them. I dont knock those positions of course, but there is certainly a difference between those guys and the guys deploying out of a BFV in response to contact.

If you like when I get back you can come by the team room and we'll go through the company with me pointing out guys wearing CIBs that have never fired a round or had to react to contact.

I never said to award these guys the CIB, I simply bring up the fact that there are soldiers here, that are doing the job of the infantryman simply because we do not have enough infantrymen to go around. An award of similar status to non 11 series MOSs that recognizes those individuals for thier role in ground combat is not excessive.

just my .02, and I still love you brother!

mp

MDP

"May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent
mffjm8509 is offline   Reply With Quote