Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > General Medical

Old 01-06-2014, 09:47   #1
Snaquebite
Area Commander

My Cardiologist drops TRICARE Prime

So...after seeing the same cardiologist/surgeon since late March I receive a letter on 3 Jan from Pinehurst Cardiology that they are no longer accepting TRICARE Prime after 1 January 2014. However, They will continue to see me if I pay out of network deductibles and fees. (This is the cardiology clinic Womack sent me to). I have been very pleased with my care but I am not willing to pay the out of network fees etc.
I contacted TRICARE to ask why I was not notified of this from them since I have appointments this and next week with still valid referrals. My answer: They don't do this. It's left to the doctor.
Regardless, I had to go back to my primary care physician who had to contact TRICARE in order to obtain a referral for an in-network provider.

When I asked Pinehurst why they were dropping TRICARE Prime they basically told me they had been under contract with TRICARE for a long time however a provision under "Obamacare" allowed them to get out of the contract. The decision was made solely on profit/loss considerations.

I'm sure there will be a lot of retired TRICARE Prime enrollees in the area unhappy about changing their cardiologists.

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:19   #2
VVVV

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...Wb7UojUvrnDFiR
Old 01-06-2014, 10:31   #3
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

lol You libs are like the guys who were told the Titanic was sinking and remained aboard on the off chance they might get to bugger each other when the lights went out.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:09   #4
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Your dental providers will be limited as well. I received a notice in the mail in december that informed me that I was going to take an additional 27-33% cut in reimbursements from all Delta military retirees plan members. That amount is on top of the already discounted fee reimbursment that was part of the contract.

I am continuing to treat my patients that are of record. I will write down their portion just like I was an in network provider. I am not placing myself as a provider, however. This will be the FIRST year since I've been a dentist that I will not be listed as a provider for the miltary retiree insurance program.

Think I'm jjust being greedy? I, personally, take home right at 30% of gross collections. With the new delta plan reimbursements, I will be working for free at a minimum and most likely losing money for some procedures.

Get ready.... more "hope and change" is coming.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:28   #5
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

You get the government you deserve.