Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-09-2021, 23:11   #1
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Who is pulling big tech’s chain?

Who in “our” government is calling the shots for big tech? Pelosi?

My wife, a conservative and ain’t shy about it, got kicked off twit. Parler is getting its platform yanked from under them and google and apple stopped their apps.

They are trying their level best to isolate conservatives. I smell the stench of desperation.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 23:18   #2
Joker
Quiet Professional

Pee-louse-ee is not sharp enough. I don't think it is the G.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 23:23   #3
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I just read that Amazon is going to shut down the servers Parler uses to communicate through on Sunday night at midnight. They say they have a back up plan but might take a week to re-establish the site.

The most massive and corrupt government and private industry in the world is about to silence the people...somehow I don’t see this ending the way they think it will.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 23:50   #4
PSM
Area Commander

Parler isn't the only escape route (that it is suggested that it is is suspicious in itself). I like Gab better because it's easier to use. There is also Minds.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 23:57   #5
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I use Viber at work, it’s encrypted and I doubt raises to suspicious levels.

My wife has her Asian network Vine to use.

The first thing to happen is going to be someone taking out big tech mobile communication anyways so it’s not going to matter who you used, the platforms and cloud based servers will all die.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 00:53   #6
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

My wife reports that apple is going to disable the emergency broadcast system on their phones. Sounds dubious, but all the rest that’s going on would have sounded dubious a few months ago as well.
I got a notice to update my phone tonight, coincidence? I don’t know, but suspicious to me.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:16   #7
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Big tech is pulling big tech’s chain.
It’s a shot across the bow to the incoming administration.

The message is clear:
“See what we did? Do you want to be next?”
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:22   #8
Requiem
Guerrilla Chief

"Whoever burns books will eventually burn people." - Heinrich Heine

Only those who fear the truth condemn freedom of speech. Those attempting to deny the basic human right of free speech to citizens of this country are dangerous. Never, in all of history, has limiting a citizen's right to speak or to hear the opinions of dissenting voices resulted in anything less than tyranny and injustice. Best beware what side of good and evil they're standing on.

This is just the beginning, I'm afraid.

S.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:29   #9
Swoop
Quiet Professional

Tolerance and Diverse

The least tolerant people in this country are the ones that have been marching, rioting and screaming that everyone needs to be more tolerant......as long as you believe what they believe.

It’s okay for a business to decide it’s not going to publish a conservative book or stop debate and discussion of conservative ideas.....but a bakery cannot refuse to produce a product that violates their Christian values.

Let’s hope that more AMERICANS wake up in the next two years to what they have really bought into.

JMOO

DOL
Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:57   #10
Box
Quiet Professional

This isn't the beginning of anything - this movement started decades ago. The assault has been building for generations with little to no resistance at all. The idea that we are all too sophisticated to fall for it has always been nothing more than an out loud way for people to hide their heads in the sand because the bread and circuses were free and entertaining. What you are watching play out is not the beginning of anything - it is a political end game.

Ted Kennedy left Mary Jo Kopechne to die - he admitted it and went on to become 'The Lion of the Senate'
John Brennan was a communist sympathizer and he climbed to the very top of the US Intelligence Community.
James Comey ADMITTED that he leaked information hoping it would be used to trigger an investigation
Joe Biden was on video bragging about how he bullied a Ukrainian into firing a prosecutor through the promise of financial aid
...and nobody seemed to notice - nobody seemed to care

Republicans are looking at a chessboard and all they have left is their king, supported by a few pawns and that stupid horse. While the democrats have a queen and both castles of government.
...all the while, nobody seems to object that the leftist media keeps putting pawns back on the board to help the democrats

No sir - this is the very OPPOSITE of the beginning and people need to come to grips with it.

Just my two cents - I could be wrong
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 01-10-2021 at 09:09.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:56   #11
Penn
Area Commander

You are not wrong Box, the strategy being employed maybe the foundational support of a narrative, to begin the process of disarming American Citizens.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 13:51   #12
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

DISARM AMERICA:

Rep. Clayborn D. from Maryland told Chris Wallace on Fox News that Black & Latino people were in fear of their life because of the Trump Rioters in the Capitol Bldg. This will be the "REASON " to disarm the private citizen to protect "minorities" from being murdered by (pick a group). REMEMBER, it only took 18 people to overthrow the CZAR of Russia.
Old 01-10-2021, 15:20   #13
cat in the hat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
Rep. Clayborn D. from Maryland told Chris Wallace on Fox News that Black & Latino people were in fear of their life because of the Trump Rioters in the Capitol Bldg. This will be the "REASON " to disarm the private citizen to protect "minorities" from being murdered by (pick a group). REMEMBER, it only took 18 people to overthrow the CZAR of Russia.
Too bad nobody including bone spurs, has done ANYTHING to reinforce 2nd amendment rights over the last 4 years.

of course he's got money like all the other reality tv stars so even if he loses his SS detail, he can afford private security so why would he care?

American on the inside, useful on the outside
cat in the hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 17:36   #14
Penn
Area Commander

www.gab.com is blocked. Endless circles trying to log on. This address will get you there, but the screen is frozen.

This is a full out assault on our civil liberties. Operative word: cache.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 17:53   #15
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
www.gab.com is blocked. Endless circles trying to log on. This address will get you there, but the screen is frozen.

This is a full out assault on our civil liberties. Operative word: cache.
Shutting down comms ahead of the big hammer that will be thrown immediately after Slo Joe is coronated.