Old 09-03-2023, 09:00   #1
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

ATF now wants to know who has powder!

Another ATF rule

Comment period is open.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/ATF-2023-0001-0001

https://youtu.be/anS4LBS5IcU?si=nqqJwkpBlEksI8TF

Last edited by Combat Diver; 09-03-2023 at 09:14.
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 10:50   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF Gibberish
The Department of Justice is proposing to amend Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (“ATF”) regulations to require that any person who stores explosive materials notify on an annual basis the authority having jurisdiction for fire safety in the locality in which the explosive materials are being stored of the type of explosives, magazine capacity, and location of each site where such materials are stored. In addition, the proposed rule requires any person who stores explosive materials to notify the authority having jurisdiction for fire safety in the locality in which the explosive materials were stored whenever storage is discontinued.
These changes are intended to increase public safety.
It's for your safety,, how can you complain?

Just give the ATF 5000 agents, 5-bazillion-dollar budget, and unlimited FISA warrants they'll be GTG..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 15:07   #3
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
It's for your safety,, how can you complain?

Just give the ATF 5000 agents, 5-bazillion-dollar budget, and unlimited FISA warrants they'll be GTG..
No black powder or smokeless powder of any type stored unless we approve, We don't want ghost ammunition being made for the ghost guns.

In fact no propane at all for your grill because that can be an explosive device.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 15:57   #4
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

No cause for alarm… Our uncle Sam is striving to protect us from the evils of alcohol, tobacco and firearms. Relax, they have the best interests of their subjects at heart.
Old 09-03-2023, 18:37   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

No.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 12:17   #6
mark46th
Quiet Professional

Storing explosive materials in my home? You mean like the 1 gallon can of gas I use for my lawn mower?
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 08:24   #7
bblhead672
Area Commander

I'm sure when questioned the ATF will say that primers are to be reported as well.

Seems like there was an event in April of 1775 where the government set out to take away citizens powder and that resulted in a war.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 09:07   #8
Box
Quiet Professional

pfft

who wants to fight you for your guns when they know you have ammo?
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 13:15   #9
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
Storing explosive materials in my home? You mean like the 1 gallon can of gas I use for my lawn mower?
You'll need an electric mower soon. Or maybe you won't be able to have grass because it needs water.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 20:26   #10
mark46th
Quiet Professional

Already bought an electric mower!! I have a small lawn. Maybe I should get rid of the 300 pounds of Ammonium Nitrate...
Old 09-06-2023, 06:57   #11
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Already bought an electric mower!! I have a small lawn. Maybe I should get rid of the 300 pounds of Ammonium Nitrate...
Be a tad more GREEN and buy a couple of goats.

They are vegan vegetarians by birth. If you let them, they eat virtually everything in their path – grass, shrubs, weeds, vines, small trees, and even poisonous plants. A couple of dozen goats can clear a half acre of brush and weeds in a few days. They reproduce replacements and are good BBQ.

ref: Using Goats

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 11:02   #12
mark46th
Quiet Professional

I was up at a gold claim above Lake Tahoe last year. There was a herd of goats eating the skunk cabbage in a meadow nearby.
Old 09-06-2023, 11:44   #13
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 09:55   #14
casey
Quiet Professional

Once again, an odd overreaction - especially since black and smokeless are listed as propellants not necessitating compliance to any type#1, type #2 magazines nor day boxes for storage.

Since January 1 thru September 3, 2023 just in Philadelphia, the following accurate stats should lead federal law enforcement agencies into buying a clue on what they should actually be focusing on as long as their “working” the AO’s.......

16 mass shooting (4 or more victims - not including shooter)
295 homicides (multiple “S” - suspicious deaths not included)
661 car jackings (majority with guns)
1241 shooting victims (reported)
9783 violent crimes (murder, rape, robbery, agg assault -reported)

All companies selling or purchasing & storing explosives for mining, ditching, construction etc. already must comply with proper magazines, site plans, blast plans and security for said explosives while on sites. It would appear, that some in government are attempting to use a few illegal fireworks manufacturing “accidents” to justify this new amendment in the name of fire safety?

Fact is that anyone manufacturing illegal items (you know, like the January 6th pipe bombs ....left in the open...the night before......on 1 hour kitchen timers.....that never went off) is not going to notify local fire officials anyway - so who are they aiming this at with said notifications? (Rhetorical question)
casey is offline   Reply With Quote