Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 05-17-2022, 06:04   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
4th PSYOP Group Recruiting Video

Awesome.

If this gets traction, all the Wokes are going to mess their panties..

Probably not.. The context, scope, and segway from ole WWII PSYOPS into future Space operations is brilliant, but I fear also lost on the masses.

These damm PS-5, NINTENDO, & XBOX kids are getting Prime Time.

Quote:
'Unsettling' Army Recruitment Video Ignites Debate over Its Mysterious Intent
16 May 2022, The Charlotte Observer, By Mark Price

It’s a stretch to link the U.S. Army to witchery, but that’s happening in response to an eerie recruitment video shared on YouTube by Fort Bragg’s 4th Psychological Operations Group-Airborne.

Titled “Ghosts in the Machine,” the video feels like a movie trailer and comes with no explanation other than: “All the world’s a stage. Join us.”

The video, posted May 2, starts innocently, with benign clips of cartoons and images of empty city streets and subways. But the vibe grows increasingly disturbing, with footage of a shadowy man, anxious stares at dark skies, violent riot scenes and soldiers being deployed.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...C=eb_220517.nl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA4e0NqyYMw

PS: There is a WWII reference, see if you can spot it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man Who Never Was
In 1943, Royal Navy Lieutenant Commander Ewen Montagu devises a scheme to deceive the Nazis about the impending invasion of Southern Europe. It entails releasing a corpse with a fictional identity off the coast of Spain, where strong currents will carry it ashore near where a known German agent operates.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:08   #2
Box
Quiet Professional

One of the comments feels like it might be relevant...

Quote:
When you realize the target they're referring to in the video is you
It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

"Have you ever wondered, who's pulling the strings?"
...never
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 05-17-2022 at 08:03.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:53   #3
Remington Raidr
Guerrilla

WOW . . . just wow.
Remington Raidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:59   #4
exsquid
Quiet Professional

What I found interesting from the Military.com article, “Here’s the odd thing — clandestine Army units like this DON’T make recruiting material, because that material brings unwanted attention,” The Pipeline reported. “Have you ever seen an official Delta Force recruiting video? Exactly.” Uh, well yeah, I have actually seen an official Delta Force recruiting video. It was posted on there official UNCLAS recruiting website. You needed a CAC to access it but that was it. Delta Force is so secret that they send out recruiting emails to career soldiers and routinely send recruiters to every major post in the Army and put on presentations and answer questions.

Personally I think the video is very slick and well produced. I had a young PSYOPS NCO tell me one time, "I love PYSOPS. I actually get to use my marketing degree, jump out of airplanes, and do other cool stuff." The operative part of that statement is "use my marketing degree".

x/S

Last edited by exsquid; 05-17-2022 at 10:06.
exsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:57   #5
Box
Quiet Professional

PSYOP + Fast Food = Sausage, Egg, and Cheese MacGuffin

...and we all know how susceptible people are to a good breakfast sandwich
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 05-17-2022, 14:31   #6
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Much improved over the "Emma" video!
Old 05-18-2022, 06:42   #7
Box
Quiet Professional

As a side note - Koko the clown was known to stutter and uses the short form contraction of the phrase, "come on"

Koko the Clown: "The poor...H...H...Herring shot?" (The Herring Murder Case)

Koko the Clown: "I...g...g...gotta get Bimbo the detective." (The Herring Murder Case)

Koko the Clown: "C'mon help!" (The Herring Murder Case)

...who's pulling the strings indeed

Old 05-18-2022, 07:30   #8
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

Koko the Clown

...who's pulling the strings indeed

KoKo and the "out of the Inkwell" series

One of the Ghosting nuances that caught my eye..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 15:12   #9
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
KoKo and the "out of the Inkwell" series

One of the Ghosting nuances that caught my eye..

nuance in todays world is quickly becoming oldance