Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 06-22-2020, 11:25   #1066
PSM
Area Commander

They've discovered that the WHO is the only international organization that can dictate policy to the whole world and the world behaves. This is just the beginning. BTW, I've not worn a mask yet and don't intend to until people are dying in the street.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 13:36   #1067
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
They've discovered that the WHO is the only international organization that can dictate policy to the whole world and the world behaves. This is just the beginning. BTW, I've not worn a mask yet and don't intend to until people are dying in the street.
I haven't worn a mask either, except to go to the clinic on post. I find it amusing that they're warning of citations if your caught without a mask...I guess he'll have to get within 6' of me to write it...while, I can only assume, he ignores any kind of protest, looting, fires, wanton destruction of property etc.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 16:35   #1068
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
BTW, I've not worn a mask yet and don't intend to until people are dying in the street.
There are huge signs all over the stores here (IL), we are not allowed entry without one. No idea how long this crap will continue.
Old 06-22-2020, 18:58   #1069
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
I haven't worn a mask either, except to go to the clinic on post.
I went to the cardiologist last week for a yearly checkup and was interested in their reaction when I didn't wear one. Nothing. Most of them weren't either. (They discovered that I had a bicuspid aortic valve a couple of years ago and want to keep an eye on it. It's never been a problem but it's interesting. I'm now a minority. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
There are huge signs all over the stores here (IL), we are not allowed entry without one.
If I still lived in L.A. I'd probably wear one when out, but there have been so few cases and only a couple of deaths in our county that it's not really a threat. (BTW, all of the bees here are the feared African-American bees we were warned about years ago. They seem to be behaving since they crossed the border. )

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 13:29   #1070
Airbornelawyer

Governor Ralph "Blackface" Northam's decree in Virginia pretty much acknowledges that masks are basically for show, since it says "Medical-grade masks and personal protective equipment should be reserved for medical personnel."

There is a medical exception to the mask rules. "Persons with health conditions that prohibit wearing a face covering. Nothing in this Order shall require the use of a face covering by any person for whom doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety because of a medical condition." The preservation of my mental health requires that I not become one of the sheep wearing a mask to the grocery store. And, since "[a]ny person who declines to wear a face covering because of a medical condition shall not be required to produce or carry medical documentation verifying the stated condition nor shall the person be required to identify the precise underlying medical condition", I don't have to tell them that's the reason.

There are physical health reasons for not joining in on the mask fetish which I mentioned up-thread. If you are symptomatic, you shouldn't be going to public places in the first place, and if you are asymptomatic but positive, you are not likely to deliver a viral load under normal conditions. So don't play tonsil-hockey with the check-out lady. The masks being worn, meanwhile, are worse than ineffective, since people are constantly fidgeting with them, adjusting the straps or scratching itches, placing their filthy germ-infested hands next to their mucous membranes. And most people are unlikely to dispose of or adequately clean their masks, especially the designer ones, so they become little germ-infested snot-rags (the masks, not the people...). And, in the longer run, trying to eliminate all exposure, even low-level, to pathogens, harms your immune response. If you have a compromised immune system, then by all means take every necessary precaution. But if you do not, help your T-cells help you.

Disclaimer: these are my opinions, not medical advice. If you take medical advice from a lawyer/military historian, then you are pretty much in the same boat as those taking medical advice from politicians and bureaucrats.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 13:48   #1071
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
G

There is a medical exception to the mask rules. "Persons with health conditions that prohibit wearing a face covering. Nothing in this Order shall require the use of a face covering by any person for whom doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety because of a medical condition."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 106103471_10220316459015216_1734705646007693393_n.jpg (44.4 KB, 35 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 15:58   #1072
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
(BTW, all of the bees here are the feared African-American bees we were warned about years ago. They seem to be behaving since they crossed the border. )
Old 06-25-2020, 11:27   #1073
Pete
Quiet Professional

Testing has really ramped up the past month.

Back the end of March was when we started hitting 20K new cases a day and now we're around 30K plus. Total number of cases is starting to take off.

Total number of deaths is getting real high.

If you only look at the two figures above it's time to get back in the bunker.

But since April 7th the deaths per day have been trending down

I'd say the increased testing per day is causing the increase while the decreasing deaths is a result of the virus first hitting hard in places like rest homes. Now most rest homes are on alert and the virus is getting detected in the younger population where it does little damage.

Just my opinion because we (NC) go mandated masks at 1700 tomorrow - but with so many exemptions it's mostly a suggestion.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 13:41   #1074
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

The CHINESE WUHAN VIRUS:

Keeping your eye on the virus... More information is leaking out about this virus being engineered in the Wuhan Institute of Virology investigating "gain-function research on nucleic acid manipulation" ! The amino acid Arginine contains 5 adjacent Carbon atoms and a 6th carbon atom attached thru a nitrogen atom. Arginine is converted to a 5-carbon skeleton of ornithine in the urea cycle. Using CRISPR as a genetic editing tool to insert 2 arginines into the genome would cause this viruses human transmission to increase rapidly. Virus site attachment can be enhanced. ACE 2 is the enzyme attached to the outer cell membranes of cells in the lungs, heart, arteries. ACE 2 also serves as the entry point into cells for some coronaviruses.There has been a lot of work in Dr. Chen Wi's lab at the Naval University of Engineering (Wuhan Institute of Virology) to develop a CoVid virus weapon.
Old 06-25-2020, 14:07   #1075
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

I'm of the opinion that we're finding more because we're testing more....they're still not broadcasting the millions that were positive, stayed home for two weeks and went back to work.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 17:19   #1076
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that we're finding more because we're testing more....they're still not broadcasting the millions that were positive, stayed home for two weeks and went back to work.
Yes. I don't track regularly the 2 main commie metro areas here but we had a spate of cases bump quick in my county after the start of the so-called opening that caused a Suzy Creamcheese Freakout. But digging it's a bunch of staff at 2 particular nursing homes other side of the county (not even in patient contact). That & some nearby open testing drive-thru's hosted by the PH folks and the local NG unit. Test more, find more. It's simply a matter of a growing 'n'. The other spike was a run of college kids down to State St. in La Crosse because 'bars'! The bars then get to see their names in the paper, and not in a good way.

Understanding the spike doesn't mitigate the general gov't freakout though.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 18:09   #1077
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Today the CDC says that for every one new positive test there are ten undetected cases of COVID-19. The most recent recorded day (yesterday) >36,000 tested positive for the virus. Last one day record was 34,203 on April 25. If what they are saying is true when are they going to admit all their bullshit modeling and worst case doomsday scenarios were wrong?

Why can they say if everyone wears a mask and stays 6” away from each other 33,000 less people (of an estimated 168,000) will die this year? Yet attributed no gains from the increased use of cleaning disinfectants used on all public services, hand washing/sanitizer and sick people actually staying home from work because well it’s not only acceptable now it’s expected - if they had a job to stay home from.

Has the CDC released the number of negative tests? How many people are being randomly tested each day and where? Yes there is an uptick in ICU admissions - people who put off taking care of their heart condition, diabetes and other medical issues are finally showing up at the hospital and oh yeah they are positive for COVID-19 - go figure.

Schools (K-16) have been shuttered as well as day care services closed, amusement parks, beaches and the great outdoors, and all sporting events emptied of fans and vacationers from all over the world.

Why does anyone with half a cell in their brain trust anything these medical experts are saying now or said three months ago? Yes, the virus is bad, it kills people of all ages with underlying health issues. The most vulnerable and least protected will undoubtedly suffer the most from this virus but sounds as if we are all going to be infected by the end of the year if not already and then life will go on - without ever having a vaccine.

Anyone else tired of this thing yet? The small businesses and just making ends meet hourly workers who lost their livelihoods will likely never recover and some businesses large and small will go bankrupt and never return to the neighborhoods that relied on them.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 18:34   #1078
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Today the CDC says that for every one new positive test there are ten undetected cases of COVID-19.
So the basis for knowing what they don't know and is not reported is by way of..........Saruman's palantír??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Anyone else tired of this thing yet?
Part of me is thinking... Ok, there is some validity in warning the at-risk population and providing them with mitigation options....

I am annoyed at the sensationalization of the reports and how the stats are twisted to reach the "Max alarm" factor... Can't help but believe that the politicization of everything makes it all so much bullshit...

Yes, Delaware experienced a 507% increase in their death rate compared to last week... (79 versus 13). What does that really mean?

Other states have seen 97% increases in deaths but are only slightly above the historical norms.

Statistics lie So do "experts"...

Box,

What is the CDC corollary to the "General at War" rules???

More death, more complexity = more funds.

As Abe Lincoln said, don't believe everything you read on the internet.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:40   #1079
Swoop
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Exactly, all we hear is the number of cases have gone up; but no one is reporting how many of those cases have recovered.....Here there are approximately 38k all time cases with a little over 25k recoveries which leaves around 12.5k active cases. Guess which number gets the most attention.....of course the 38k.
Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:56   #1080
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Exactly, all we hear is the number of cases have gone up; but no one is reporting how many of those cases have recovered.....Here there are approximately 38k all time cases with a little over 25k recoveries which leaves around 12.5k active cases. Guess which number gets the most attention.....of course the 38k.
They have to continue to fan the flames of fear to train the sheep. I don't see it getting much better since it was so easy to get people to concede their freedoms.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote