Old 12-06-2008, 01:24   #16
DeMo180a
Quiet Professional

Location: High ground somewhere in the GREAT Pacific Northwest
Conservative Outlook

Guys,
I will definately keep you in the loop. Bottom line is BHI isn't gonna sell junk. Never had, never will. I hope to do some more field testing next week with old 18E buddy of mine. He said we'll be able to test out an MBITR, a 117 and we are even gonna try and bounce a satellite (what the heck - that's why they call it field testing right).
Anyways, I'm pessimistic but hopeful that it can do 1/2 of what it should be able to do. Just the stupid XTS 5000 test shows that it's got something under the hood.

Ret10Echo: You know, I don't even know if it was VHF or UHF. BHI HQs sent me the radios with the freq's already loaded, so I just picked Channel 2. I'll try and find out for you though, okay?

I'll let you know what happens next week (fingers crossed).
Have a great weekend all -
DeMo
DeMo180a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:57   #17
Bones25U
Asset

Anxiously Awaiting

This sounds too good to be true, but if it is...

At the moment I am a BN S6 NCOIC for a light infantry unit getting ready to push out, and if this is really as good as they say it is, it could save me a lot of heartache downrange. Especially if we're going where I think we're going.

I will be checking back often to see what you've learned...
Bones25U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:37   #18
DeMo180a
Quiet Professional

Bones25U

Bones,
I'm anxiously awaiting too - lol - but because of the holiday season I haven't been able to pin down anyones coat tails and get them to field test this antenna. I'm confident that after the New Year I'll be good to go though.

I'll keep you posted and thanks for your comment!
DeMo
Old 12-31-2008, 18:26   #19
Bones25U
Asset

MRE (No, not the kind you give to the locals.)

First of all, happy new year! And now, down to brass tacks.

My unit is going to be going to our MRE at NTC soon (six months or less), is there any chance I could get my hands on a couple of those to test out there? I would love to see how durable and maintenance friendly they are.

If there's even a snowballs chance in hell, I'd do what needs to be done to make this happen.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2009, 23:47   #20
DeMo180a
Quiet Professional

Hit the WALL

Okay guys,

You heard it from me first.

It appears that the Aliens have copyright laws and the manufacturer of the antenna has asked for their antenna's back (today) until they get it figured out.

So, this is what happens when you are trying to field cutting edge equipment and I hope you will continue to be patient while we work through the process.

I do have some people, and rather large organizations that were at least interested in looking at the antenna - so that's promising - but we aren't going to field this thing unless it can be done correctly, so I for one am happy it's happened now.

This doens't mean that the antenna isn't effective, this is simply legal issues that need to be sorted out, okay?

Please feel free to send any beratement my way, as I haven't been on an ODA in 3 years now and I miss the daily abuse (lol)

DeMo
Old 01-06-2009, 07:00   #21
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMo180a View Post
Okay guys,

You heard it from me first.

It appears that the Aliens have copyright laws and the manufacturer of the antenna has asked for their antenna's back (today) until they get it figured out.

So, this is what happens when you are trying to field cutting edge equipment and I hope you will continue to be patient while we work through the process.

I do have some people, and rather large organizations that were at least interested in looking at the antenna - so that's promising - but we aren't going to field this thing unless it can be done correctly, so I for one am happy it's happened now.

This doens't mean that the antenna isn't effective, this is simply legal issues that need to be sorted out, okay?

Please feel free to send any beratement my way, as I haven't been on an ODA in 3 years now and I miss the daily abuse (lol)

DeMo
Beratement follows: I guess that's what happens when ya get a chief in the mix. Just funnin' ya know
Old 01-06-2009, 12:52   #22
Sinister
Quiet Professional

Cool

Hope it works.

I remember the first time my commo dudes told me to set out the Eyring antenna and put the elements out on the bushes or on the ground, then proceeded to make NVIS shots up and out of a valley. I thought that was one of the coolest things ever.
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 20:36   #23
Bones25U
Asset

&#^*ing Aliens

Was very disappointed to hear that the Aliens want their antenna's back, but I understand thats just how the world works sometimes. I was also disappointed when I found out there was no Santa, but I got over that too.

Please be sure to let me know when the Aliens have made their modification and we can proceed, I am still really looking forward to seeing if this this is all its cracked up to be.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:39   #24
Comsmith22
Quiet Professional

What is the latest On the Alien Repo's ... I am Most Intrigued with the design and the theory behind the array...
It looks like it would be a fantastic reception antenna for the entire HF spectrum but my concern would be in the RX/TX simultaneously...
The next point of concern is the use of the antenna for Sat com
Use LOS should be no problem... depending on you freq ya could use a coat hanger to TX but to get a 80% increase on output gain and distance is really great.
Are there going to be trials in the Bragg area?
Old 01-25-2009, 23:52   #25
DeMo180a
Quiet Professional

Alien Antenna Update

Hey guys,
Sorry it's taken so long to post a reply, but I took a couple of days off after the SHOT show with my family at DisneyWorld; which IS NOT relaxing - lol. I couldn't wait to get home and sleep!!! I guess my age is showing...

Anyway, the antenna is almost ready for re-release, but not yet. I had an opportunity to talk with the manufacturer when I was at the SHOT show and he assures me it won't take long to get this antenna back to market.

To answer Comsmith's questions; believe it bro. I really think this antenna - at a minimum - is going to be able to replace all your LOS antenna's. It has such a "deep bucket" that it is an extremely efficient antenna because it's fractional. I am confident that it is going to increase your TX and your RX capabilities.

Again, according to the man who invented the antenna - if you have a radio capable of duplex communications than this antenna will support it; voice, data, CW - doesn't matter.

I do have a SOF R&D unit ready to test it when it's ready for re-release. I was hoping to send them with our new battery product that we introduced at the SHOT show - they have requested the batteries and will test them soon.

Thanks for the interest in the antenna and as soon as it ready to go, I'll post it here.
DeMo

BTW, Watt hour for Watt hour our batteries are significantly lighter, smaller and have NO HAZMAT compared to the BA-5590. Oh ya, and you can shoot our battery and it keeps discharging power - try that with a 5590.
Old 02-12-2009, 00:57   #26
DeMo180a
Quiet Professional

Still waiting....

Hey guys,
Just wanted to give you another update on the antenna. I'm still trying to coordinate with the R&D unit to test the Alien Antenna. It's just a matter of scheduling, so it's only a matter of time until I get feedback. He's doing me a favor so I am on their schedule; we will get it tested though and I'll let you know if it's "Money" or if it's "Back to the drawing board" when he does have an opportunity to test it, okay?
Thanks for your patience!
DeMo
ken@bhigear.com
Old 02-12-2009, 08:40   #27
albeham
Quiet Professional

Cool... I await for your AAR..

Old 02-19-2009, 23:47   #28
DeMo180a
Quiet Professional

Ready for release!

Hey guys,
I've got good news guys, the 5 watt version of the alien atenna is ready for testing!

What are the benefits of this antenna over a normal antenna?
- It is about the size of two credit cards stacked on top of each other and sprayed with a truck bed liner.
- So no more antenna sticking over your shoulder or catching on gear.
- No more rotor strikes or catching your antenna on door frames.
- No more antenna sticking you in the back as you ride in your vehicle!
- No more being identified as the commo guy by snipers. (my favorite)

Again, this particular antenna is only to be used with handheld radio's like the Falcon III, EFJohnson handhelds, or Motorola XTS5000, 2500 or the THALES MBITR. This is the antenna that brought me a 80% increase in distance by just replacing the standard antenna on a Motorola XTS5000.

I've only got a limited amount of antenna's to test, so please be understanding if you have to wait for someone else to test them and return them before I can get them out to the next group of guys. 1st SFG(A) is first in the hopper for testing during a traning exercise (if I can get them here in time).

The cost hasn't been determined yet, but it will be comparable to most high end whip antenna's currently on the market.

Please give me a call or you can email me if you are interested in trying them out! (see below for contact info). Oh ya, if you haven't considered our zinc air batteries check out my other posting on the lighter smaller batteries now available to the force!

DeMo
ken@bhigear.com
www.bhigear.com
Old 02-23-2009, 07:39   #29
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

DeMo,
Do you have anyone lined up that can give a check using the new MOT APX-7000 or the Thales Liberty Multi-Band?

7000 is rated at 6W VHF...

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 20:43   #30
DeMo180a
Quiet Professional

THALES Multi band

I've got people that want to test the antenna, but no one has told me what they want to test them with.
Can anyone out there test our antenna with these systems?
DeMo