Old 05-05-2011, 20:55   #1
Sonic03svtCobra
Quiet Professional

socmssc

Headed back to Bragg to do socmssc and heard that we now need to show up with Kit, Mich, and aid bag, talked to the Grp S-3 and he was not to sure on that info, also tried to call the Jsomtc, but their voice mail was full. anyone been through recently, that can confirm or deny this.

Last edited by Sonic03svtCobra; 05-05-2011 at 20:59.
Sonic03svtCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 21:18   #2
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

No word.. haven't heard anything like that. I will check morrow.. I can post it here or/& PM you. I'll check

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:46   #3
neecheepure
Quiet Professional

I was there second half of January, none of those items were requested or required. I took 2 uniforms and an extra set of boots...
Old 05-06-2011, 07:33   #4
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Sonic03svtCobra I'm being told you should get Gear issued to you for SOCMSSC.. But for the SOCMSSP refresher course you will have to bring Tactical Gear for a 48 hrs CULEX at the end of the course. You do "hits" on Post Ranges with LTT exercises.

If you can't get anyone before you go TDY let me know and I will get you a email for over at JSOMTC.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:20   #5
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

30.SOCMSSC 2E-F222/300-F21

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PUBLICATION OF ORDERS FOR ATTENDANCE BY USASOC STUDENTS.

Request for Orders (RFO) Instructions for the Defense Travel System (DTS) for attendance to SOCMSSC conducted at the Joint Special Operations Medical Training Center (JSOMTC). (Applicable to Army-SOF component enlisted medical personnel, MOS 18D and 68 CMF with ASI W1, only).

NOTE: NAVSPECWARCOM, MARSOC, and AFSOC enlisted medical personnel will use their components approved travel systems to process travel orders and are funded for attendance by their (USSOCOM) component command Enlisted personnel, MOS 18D and 68 CMF personnel with ASI W1, assigned to USASOC units, having ATRRS confirmed reservations to attend this course, will submit their RFO in DTS with the following authorizations for personnel assigned to USASOC units located outside Fort Bragg requiring Temporary Duty Orders to attend training:

Commercial air transportation from home station departure airport to training location airport, and return to home station, is authorized within JTR guidelines and restrictions of negotiated commercial carrier rates. Students may be authorized travel by POV, if it is determined advantageous to the government, at current authorized JTR mileage rates NTE JTR commercial airfare rates from the students home station and return. Lodging reservations will be confirmed with Candlewood Suites, 4108 Legend Ave, Fayetteville, NC. For reservations call (910) 868-0873. Students will indicate that they are attending the SOCMSSC at the JSOMTC, Fort Bragg. Current negotiated rate is $91.00 per day. Upon arrival, students will be given information at the front desk that will provide the time and location to connect with transportation from the lodging location to the training location. Transportation will be provided daily while attending the course. The lodging location is approximately five (5) driving miles from the training site at the JSOMTC located on Fort Bragg, between Kedenburg Street and Bastogne Drive. Rental vehicles are not authorized and will not be reimbursed within the funding provided to support attendance at the course. Local ground transportation is provided to/from the training and lodging sites. Local ground conveyance; taxi, bus, commercial airport shuttle service, to and from the airport is authorized for reimbursement. Commercial meal rate is authorized. Government mess is not available. A memorandum will be provided for authorization of excess baggage. Reimbursement of commercial toll calls is not authorized.

3. GENERAL. One15px GSA van is available for students who are not stationed at Fort Bragg. Keys and dispatch are kept at the front desk of the Hotel. On Monday or Tuesday morning of the first day of class the van will depart the Hotel NLT 0630 for the JSOMTC. Grannis Airport, Fayetteville, North Carolina, is located 15 miles from Fort Bragg. Commercial limousine and taxi services are available to Fort Bragg. Commercial Air transportation ticket purchasing and reservation office (Carlson Wagonlit) is located on main post. Commercial taxis are available on and off-post. Government taxis are available only for official business.

Packing List:
1. BDU's/ ACU's/ABU's, Unit head gear (Army, Navy, Air Force)
2. PT uniform
3. Appropriate cold/ wet weather gear (Daily exercises will be conducted outside
4. Body Armor/ helmet
5. Aid Bag (will be restocked by JSOMTC for materials used)

4. REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS: All SOCMSSC TDY students report NO LATER THAN the day prior to the class start date. Classes are held at the JSOMTC (Schoolhouse), BLDG 5-3845, starting on the first day of training at 0700. Be seated by 0645 hours for roll call from ATRRS. Local students are not required to check in early.

Emergency Contact Numbers: Report any travel delays to the JSOMTC CQ @ (910) 396-7775/5911/0089 before 0630 hrs of the first training day. Leave a message.

5. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION (FORT BRAGG). All students must report with the
following documentation: Current copies of a medical certification cards, to include: BLS, ACLS, PEPP, and ATP.

6. PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, MEDICAL. N/A

7. ADDITIONAL SCHOOL INFORMATION may be obtained from the following: S-3, SWMG(A), AOJK-MED, Fort Bragg, NC 28310-5000. DSN 236-7775 or commercial (910) 396-7775 ext. 242
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:30   #6
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Thats the same packing list we used the past two times I have attended SOCMSS-C. Apparently it hasnt been updated in ATARRS.

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:48   #7
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

This is the latest ATRRS download (pulled this morning). Confirmed w/cadre as current information, effective 061350RMAY11.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 21:54   #8
Sonic03svtCobra
Quiet Professional

Thanks Peregrino!
Old 11-02-2011, 21:42   #9
whocares175
Quiet Professional

well that's good to know. sucks rentals aren't authorized. i'll be back there in december.
2008-2011 q course
2011-10th
whocares175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 15:23   #10
whocares175
Quiet Professional

just wanted to provide an update for any who can't confirm the rumors about packing lists...
bring your kit, an m9 bag (or something similar for point of injury treatments), helmet and at least 2 uniforms
i wish i'd brought an aid bag that was a little bit bigger than the m9 as there are few times you'll need a little bit extra (i.e. traction splints, med's (provided in a drug box with notional drugs but you do need a place for it, extra bandages, etc).
every morning starts with a trauma scenario in moulage, you may get fake blood on your uniform, you may not. depends on scenario and instructor. second to last day is a culex on the range incorporating LTT.
a few other changes, rentals are unit responsibilty so make sure you clear it through S-3 schools if you want one.
hotel is now the one behind It'z....i'm guessing to cut down on DUI's. haha. but it will be booked for you. call 72hrs prior to coming to bragg to confirm reservations.
2008-2011 q course
2011-10th
whocares175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 21:35   #11
corey.terry
Quiet Professional

I am an instructor there and as of recently we suggest only bringing your M-9 because of some guys losing their body armor en-route and never got it back! If you bring your M-9 and supplies allow you will leave with a fully stocked bag with all the latest and greatest class VIII
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
― Heraclitus
corey.terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 19:34   #12
Sonic03svtCobra
Quiet Professional

SOCMSSC

I have been told that SOCMSSC has moved its training location, I looked on the JSOMTC Student page but the link with the new location is not working, also sent an email to the SOCMSSC NCOIC, Does anyone have the info or Grid for the new location, the new location was supposed to be sent out with the AATTRS school message, but it was not included. Thanks
Old 04-03-2015, 15:31   #13
Sonic03svtCobra
Quiet Professional

New Temp location

Bldg. 1415 in Mod Village (behind Sports USA).
Till OCT