Old 06-16-2021, 18:20   #2626
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyMedicine View Post
Retired Physician Assistant. Spent time as an 18D student before going to the dark side, commissioning. Back as a PA with 528th Resuscitation Teams and as a Company Commander at JSOMTC (SWMG). Now consulting with a SOCOM project requiring former 18D and SOCMs to instruct prolonged field care (now prolonged casualty care) in the SOCMSSC / SFMSSSC.

Appreciate this forum and all of those within.
Welcome, Cowboy!
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 21:14   #2627
Cat Knight
Asset

Going to reintroduce myself.

Posted 6 years ago for the first time here prior to BCT. Went through basic, airborne, SFPC, and SFAS. Unfortunately, I went slightly injured to SFAS after SFPC, but tried my best at selection when I went and was truly humbled by the difficulty of SFAS and was not selected. I am currently still in the Army, but I view that moment as my lowest and most disappointing failure in my Army career.

Since then, I was promoted to the rank of Staff Sergeant, buckled down on my studies and fitness, and was accepted into the Active Duty Option for Green to Gold which I am currently in. I am going to take my crack at selection which is a few more years down the road, but I know I need to restart the journey early. Glad to have been mentored prior to SFAS as an E from a few guys on the forum, but looking forward to the future in hopes of being selected as an O. Thanks for providing the wealth of information in this forum.

Last edited by Cat Knight; 06-19-2021 at 21:50.
Cat Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 16:50   #2628
johnmgrabowski
Asset

First Post

My name is John. I am a current 18D in 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne). I was infantry in the National Guard, switching to active duty to complete the SF pipeline.
johnmgrabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 15:34   #2629
trooper26
Asset

I am a 24 year old civilian currently based out of Fresno, CA. I have been reading and learning from this site for a while until making this account, which was suggested to me by a mentor (may he rest in peace). I am currently in the process of getting an 18x contract and hope to learn as much as I possibly can before shipping out. Thanks to everyone who has served, is currently serving, and will serve.
trooper26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 16:23   #2630
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Knight View Post
Going to reintroduce myself.

Posted 6 years ago for the first time here prior to BCT. Went through basic, airborne, SFPC, and SFAS. Unfortunately, I went slightly injured to SFAS after SFPC, but tried my best at selection when I went and was truly humbled by the difficulty of SFAS and was not selected. I am currently still in the Army, but I view that moment as my lowest and most disappointing failure in my Army career.

Since then, I was promoted to the rank of Staff Sergeant, buckled down on my studies and fitness, and was accepted into the Active Duty Option for Green to Gold which I am currently in. I am going to take my crack at selection which is a few more years down the road, but I know I need to restart the journey early. Glad to have been mentored prior to SFAS as an E from a few guys on the forum, but looking forward to the future in hopes of being selected as an O. Thanks for providing the wealth of information in this forum.

Good luck

Trying out at a Officer during SFAS and the pipeline brings whole new challenges from being enlisted. Better have Land Nav and Operations Orders mastered so you can teach them right from the start.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 19:09   #2631
sevenatenine
Asset

Overdue introduction

I joined the forum back in ~2010, after one of my NCOs told me about it. (He had found it while hunting for alternative antenna solutions prior to one of our deployments.)

I served for just under 12 years, first as infantry and then cyber warfare. I'm still tightly connected to several friends at my last unit (1st SFG), the STO community, DTRA, and across USASOC. I've found that keeping our networks active is tremendously important. My day job is on the Marine Corps Red Team as a senior operator and developer, but the past few days I've been spending most of my time trying to provide technical assistance to Afghan partners attempting to evacuate with their families.

Thanks for having me!
sevenatenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:06   #2632
Wolf56
Asset

Intro

Hello All,

My first post since coming back inside the wire. I'm 65 years young, retired U.S. Army and associated to the Quiet Professionals through assignment as a support individual. All my assignments in 22 years were good ones but the time spent with SF was the GREATEST! I learned sooo much, and will be forever grateful for it.

Enough rambling. To all tabbed personnel out there, thank you very much for allowing me to be a part of this greatest of communities you are all in my prayers everyday.

Stay up high, and stay safe.

P.S. Outstanding job by the folks of the Pineapple Express.
Wolf56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:56   #2633
MR2
Quiet Professional

Still not dead...

Made it to gray-area retirement, even social-security!
Still married almost 32 years.
Still not fat. Still can't run.
Can finally hit a barn (at 1000m).
On MeWe as MR2 (of course).

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 14:40   #2634
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
Made it to gray-area retirement, even social-security!
Still married almost 32 years.
Still not fat. Still can't run.
Can finally hit a barn (at 1000m).
On MeWe as MR2 (of course).
It is good to be heard from, thanks!

Last edited by cbtengr; 09-27-2021 at 17:00.
cbtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 15:24   #2635
RCummings
Guerrilla

Congratulations all around!
RCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 16:21   #2636
Badger52
Area Commander

'Bout bloody time!!!

Good to have you still walkin' the planet. Congratulations on the barn.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:12   #2637
PhillifromIlli
Asset

Good day gentleman,

Thank you for allowing me to be a guest on your forum. I am here to soak up knowledge and prepare for my journey down the road into special operations. I am a prior service 12B20 who did 2 deployments with 1st ID. Looking to get back in the game. Thank you.
PhillifromIlli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 16:59   #2638
dennisw
Area Commander

Hello all. it's been a while since I've been here. it was a stroke that sidelined me.

If you're interested, it was an
Ischemic stoke. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and I'm looking forward too Christmas, and year number 70.

Later.

Dennis
Old 12-07-2021, 03:48   #2639
glebo
Quiet Professional

Good to see you back Dennis, I hope recovery is going well...
Old 12-07-2021, 10:17   #2640
dennisw
Area Commander

Good to see you back Dennis, I hope recovery is going well...

memory is the most difficult part. The doctors say its like having a dramatic Brain
injury.