Scotch 103 28.07%
Other 11 3.00%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2005, 21:32   #31
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes
There ya go Sir's. In any case, I know that If I have the honor of sittin' next to an SF Man, I will order whatever they desire.
i dunno if sitting with me or 12B4S would be much of an honor, but speaking for both of us, if you're buying, we're drinking....
heck, we could probably talk 12B4S into buying a round or two...i know how demo men think....
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 00:47   #32
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve
i dunno if sitting with me or 12B4S would be much of an honor, but speaking for both of us, if you're buying, we're drinking....
heck, we could probably talk 12B4S into buying a round or two...i know how demo men think....
Steve is right Holly, it would be OUR honor. We sure wouldn't turn down the drinks.

As much as this pains me, he's right about getting me to buy a round or two or three or... Ya see, we would accept your drinks, but they'd be the last ones you'd buy.

Besides, sure he knows how demo men think, because he was also a 12B4S, before he went the Officer route. Wouldn't have to twist his arm TOO hard for several rounds.
12B4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 00:57   #33
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4S
Steve is right Holly, it would be OUR honor. We sure wouldn't turn down the drinks.

As much as this pains me, he's right about getting me to buy a round or two or three or... Ya see, we would accept your drinks, but they'd be the last ones you'd buy.

Besides, sure he knows how demo men think, because he was also a 12B4S, before he went the Officer route. Wouldn't have to twist his arm TOO hard for several rounds.

Either way Sir's, first round would be on me...and the second...on anyone else's I can twist the arms into buying, since you are America's finest!

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 02:35   #34
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Either way Sir's, first round would be on me...and the second...on anyone else's I can twist the arms into buying, since you are America's finest!

Holly
I see Steve left this up to me. Regarding the last part of your post, it has taken a couple hours to respond. For myself, the guys that went before me, those I served with and didn't serve with, those that are active now and those in the future, we all thank you for the compliment. Especially from my era.

Now, that I struggled through that 'thank you'. Thank you.

I have this picture of you scurrying around a bar asking politely for some person to buy a round. Before ya put him in a hammer lock. LOL

By the way, great avatar. I have a couple Bald Eagle pics on this machine. try to post one. Never sure about the size limitations. This is several years old.

Last edited by 12B4S; 05-11-2006 at 01:48.
12B4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 07:33   #35
Weazle23
Guerrilla

Quote:
By the way, great avatar. I have a couple Bald Eagle pics on this machine. try to post one. Never sure about the size limitations. This is several years old.
Great pic sir.

As far as my choice of drink, I go with Maker's Mark when I can.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:23   #36
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Thanks Weazle23. That pic was sent to me from someone not too many months after 9/11. Obviously Navy, but what the hell, it works.

Oh, by the way, I was an NCO and I'm certainly not old enough to be called 'Sir'

Maker's Mark again, huh?
Old 05-25-2005, 14:53   #37
Weazle23
Guerrilla

Quote:
Oh, by the way, I was an NCO and I'm certainly not old enough to be called 'Sir'
My mistake and I'll take this opportunity to get a little stronger by knocking them out.

Quote:
Maker's Mark again, huh?
Always Gotta love the stuff.
Old 05-25-2005, 19:16   #38
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
I see Steve left this up to me....Now, that I struggled through that 'thank you'. Thank you.
I have this picture of you scurrying around a bar asking politely for some person to buy a round. Before ya put him in a hammer lock. LOL
Well yes indeed! I actually sat with an SF Man once recently, and though He could not drink b/c he was driving, I was so very impressed. Enough so that honestly, I would put any bar-patron in a "hurt-locker" if they dared disrespect an SF Man. I think I need to travel more, honestly...so I can buy some rounds, and shake your hands, face-to-face. BTW...This is me here, just in case you ever spot me...
http://profiles.yahoo.com/outoftown4
My homepages are there under "links". Well, all a girl can do is wish and pray for the safety of all Service Personel, and especially "my guys"...SF!

Holly
Old 05-26-2005, 03:03   #39
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Well yes indeed! I actually sat with an SF Man once recently, and though He could not drink b/c he was driving, I was so very impressed. Enough so that honestly, I would put any bar-patron in a "hurt-locker" if they dared disrespect an SF Man. I think I need to travel more, honestly...so I can buy some rounds, and shake your hands, face-to-face. BTW...This is me here, just in case you ever spot me...
http://profiles.yahoo.com/outoftown4
My homepages are there under "links". Well, all a girl can do is wish and pray for the safety of all Service Personel, and especially "my guys"...SF!

Holly
Checked out the link. LOL, looks to me, that myself, lksteve or any other SF guy would somewhere along the line be putting some bar patron in the "hurt locker". BUT, only after watchin' for a bit. Damn Holly, you have enough trouble with guys hitting on you in bars, without going out there and looking for more trouble.

Alright! A skier. Was that pic taken at Tahoe or Big Bear? Looks like you are on a 'Blue". (Not that those are the only ski areas that have them.) Just tossed it in. I have three pairs of skis down here, two Downhill and one Cross Country. Havn't used them since I left CO. Reason is ......... I'm spoiled.

Your prayers are much appreciated for those that are out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazle23
My mistake and I'll take this opportunity to get a little stronger by knocking them out.
NOW, go get acclimated to Jim Beam................
Old 05-26-2005, 18:38   #40
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Alright! A skier. Was that pic taken at Tahoe or Big Bear? Looks like you are on a 'Blue". (Not that those are the only ski areas that have them.) Just tossed it in. I have three pairs of skis down here, two Downhill and one Cross Country. Havn't used them since I left CO .........
the ski picture is Tahoe, according to her website...she has pictures from Durango, Lake Powell and Tahoe...i took another year of school at Fort Lewis College after i retired (and lived 75 miles west of Durango), surveyed all around Lake Powell and once lived in Blanding (the name says it all) and worked at Tahoe last year...she's all over my AOs...i should be scared...
Quote:
I'm spoiled.
you're old, too

Quote:
Your prayers are much appreciated for those...
amen...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
Old 05-26-2005, 19:59   #41
echoes
Area Commander

Tahoe

Quote:
the ski picture is Tahoe, according to her website...she has pictures from Durango, Lake Powell and Tahoe...i took another year of school at Fort Lewis College after i retired (and lived 75 miles west of Durango), surveyed all around Lake Powell and once lived in Blanding (the name says it all) and worked at Tahoe last year...she's all over my AOs...i should be scared...
you're old, too

amen...
Well guys, that pic was taken at "Heavenly", in Tahoe. I had a fantastic day, despite the slow down from, "the former boyfriend guy-who-had-to-be-stoned".
Since I don't get into drugs... I headed down the backside of the mountain with a couple shots of Hot Damn. You know, a person can do anything while skiing...it's all in the head!
I can only fathom what it must have been like to be skiing, forging, and climbing and being on a mission at the same time. Well, they do not call You
"Special Forces" for nothing.

Luv It,
Holly
Old 05-27-2005, 02:00   #42
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Yeah well, I was going by terrain features when I said Tahoe.
Oh and the 'Sierra Cement'.

Durango is OK. Nicest town in the San Juans is Ouray.
Did a week thing on Lake Powell some years ago with a contractor on his Houseboat..... Good time, we flew over from CO on his plane, only problem was a weight deal. We couldn't carry enough beer. Without the wives, we could have flown enough over for the week.

Quote:
your'e old,too
HUH?? OK, time to hit the 'Blacks' with full rucks, Chippewas' and bear trap bindings.

Holly, good move making the "had- to- be- stoned" guy behind.
Ya got it! Your head/mind will always push the physical and overcome the apprehension, fears, doubts or whatever.

Checked out the links tonight on your website. You're in a band/group?

HA! If your runnin' around Steve's AO, YOU need to be the one that should be scared.

If I only had that proverbial nickle for every female I saved from SF guys....... WOW.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:00   #43
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I can only fathom what it must have been like to be skiing, forging, and climbing and being on a mission at the same time.
imagine putting on plastic ski boots at -20°F...heck, imagine sleeping with plastic ski boots so they are somewhat pliable when you put them on...imagine trying to get everything you need to wear first thing in the morning in your sleeping bag so it won't be so bloody cold...tis a great life...

night skiing with no lights, climbing up rocky slopes with skis on...all great fun...glad i did it...glad i don't have to do it anymore, too...sometimes, anyway...crossing fences with skis and rucks was great fun, too...

in the four winters i was in BT, we injured more people skiing than we did jumping...the TMC was busiest January - March...almost everyone seemed to heal up by Flintlock...
Old 05-27-2005, 21:14   #44
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
HUH?? OK, time to hit the 'Blacks' with full rucks, Chippewas' and bear trap bindings.
sure...let's go in July when the conditions are prime....

Quote:
HA! If your runnin' around Steve's AO, YOU need to be the one that should be scared.
nah...i'm harmless...

Quote:
If I only had that proverbial nickle for every female I saved from SF guys.......
you'd be four cents shy of having enough to buy some nickle candy...
Old 05-28-2005, 01:33   #45
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:
sure...let's go in July when the conditions are prime....

nah...i'm harmless...

you'd be four cents shy of having enough to buy some nickle candy...
1) Works for me.
2) Uh Huh!
3) Yeah, 'cause I spent it all on the females, consoling them after thier traumatic close calls. One can still get get nickle candy? Damn. Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker. Of course, I never subscribed to that philosophy.

Notice the smooth segue back into the thread's topic.