Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Gourmet Guerrilla

Old 12-22-2009, 23:02   #1
Claemore
Guerrilla

My new favorite beer...

Session, Premium Lager, by Full Sail Brewing out of Hood River, Oregon. Supposedly how beer before Prohibition tasted. 5.1 % by volume. Anybody else have a taste of this very good beer?
Old 12-23-2009, 08:36   #2
JRV3
Asset

Session

Yep, it's good stuff. And the bottles are cute too.

Being from Ft Collins, I'm sure you are familiar with New Belgium products. 1554 - best beer I have ever had. It's tough to find out east though...
JRV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:42   #3
Paul_31-B
Asset

If you are so lucky..

Try Chimay Blue, Grimbergen, Leffe or Westmaller (I dont think thats spelled right.) All three are Belgian Beer, all Varying from 6% to 11% in content. They'll get you right.

Merry Christmas

-Paul
Paul_31-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 23:04   #4
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

To all you young tigers,German beer is the only beer....... It's like Physical Training the Blitzzz method is the only method....... Got it?

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 00:00   #5
Claemore
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
To all you young tigers,German beer is the only beer....... It's like Physical Training the Blitzzz method is the only method....... Got it?

Big Teddy
Are you familiar with the Pirhmanator (sp?), GreenberetTFS? Like a good workout it kicked my ass.
Old 12-24-2009, 00:10   #6
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claemore View Post
Are you familiar with the Pirhmanator (sp?), GreenberetTFS? Like a good workout it kicked my ass.
No,I honestly can say that I've not,how about sending me a dozen bottles and I'll test them to see there quality and report back to you on this matter.............

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:19   #7
Claemore
Guerrilla

I wish I had access to this beer. When I was in Germany in 88-90, we used to get the new guys to drink one of these. It was like 20% or something like that. Very thick, strong beer. I agree though, German beer is great. I like hefe-weizens a lot.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:45   #8
Paul_31-B
Asset

Indeed!

"To all you young tigers,German beer is the only beer....... It's like Physical Training the Blitzzz method is the only method....... Got it? "

Big Teddy

I was always told "free and Cold" was the best kind. However, that sounds like sound wisdom to me.

Headin to the class six right now...
Old 12-24-2009, 11:04   #9
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I am looking for some Goose Island (out of Chicago) Bourbon County Stout.

Anyone in the Chicago area who could score a 4 pack and send it to me, let me know, if you would be so kind.

Thanks!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:13   #10
Claemore
Guerrilla

The bourbon beers are some of my favorites as well... Very good winter brews. I like Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale from Anheuser-Busch. Have you tried that one, sir?
Old 12-24-2009, 11:14   #11
MeC86
Guerrilla

Quote:
I am looking for some Goose Island (out of Chicago) Bourbon County Stout.
Reaper, I live in the Chicago area and love the Goose Island products they sell around here. Ill check next time I go out to the grocery. If I find some, ill get it to you.
MeC86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 14:38   #12
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claemore View Post
The bourbon beers are some of my favorites as well... Very good winter brews. I like Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale from Anheuser-Busch. Have you tried that one, sir?
Have not. The wife was looking for the Bourbon County and the owner offer her the A-B version.

Not a fan of Bud, so I passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeC86 View Post
Reaper, I live in the Chicago area and love the Goose Island products they sell around here. Ill check next time I go out to the grocery. If I find some, ill get it to you.
Thank you very much, Santa, it would be greatly appreciated.

I hope that everyone has a beverage of their choice, alcohol based or not. Except for you guys in the Box, who will have to wait a little longer to partake.

Merry Christmas all. Time for an office party!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 14:56   #13
Claemore
Guerrilla

I'm not a fan of Bud anymore either, not after the last big American beer co sold out to a foreign company. So, I don't buy from them anymore. Now, I'm drinking mostly Sam Adam's Lite and now this Session.

I would also recommend looking at the New Belgium brands, they have good seasonal stuff.
Old 12-24-2009, 15:22   #14
Paul_31-B
Asset

New Belgian Beers

I know alot of people are upset that Bud sold out to Inbev, its a disturbing trend but I dont think it will be a total loss. If im not mistaken INBEV which distributes alot of the Belgian beer here in Europe will soon start distributing the more popular ones in more regions stateside. Trust me this is not a bad thing.

I dont consider myself a 'beer snob' by any means but gents let me tell you, the stuff here in Belgium is Delicious and if I or anyone else can eventually get it stateside

Happy Days Indeed.

Merry Christmas to All, if you are Downrange please stay safe. If you are lucky enough to be at home, or with family, even better.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:08   #15
MeC86
Guerrilla

Bourbon County Stout

Reaper I believe this is what you were looking for.

It will be in the mail soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0371.jpg (47.9 KB, 108 views)
MeC86 is offline   Reply With Quote