Old 12-30-2006, 10:42   #121
LibraryLady
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med
LL-
How is it that you got piscatory right (although piscatorial might be more correct) and misspelled peruse above?
The samich sounds good though, I'd chase it with an Anchor Steam.
LOL Spelling ability goes hand in hand with blood caffeine levels. I'm not perfect ALL the time! (I fixed my error)

Do you really want to debate grammar on a sunny Saturday morning? (at least it is here) Especially when your fellow debatee is suffering from lack of caffeine?

When canoeing, any beer is a good beer. Anchor Steam is definitely a good un'.

LL
LibraryLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:03   #122
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Excellent point on the decaffeinated state of the morning... need more of the Gevalia Royal Vinter myself. Since this is only cup 3, the advantage is still there, but not insurmountable.

What does sunny mean? I've forgotten.

edit - Fedex just rang my doorbell - evil younger brother and family sent Christmas cookies and fudge (homemade) - enough for about 4 people, I will not only be caffeinated, but on a major sugar high in the not too distant future.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR

Last edited by x SF med; 12-30-2006 at 11:09.
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:08   #123
LibraryLady
Guerrilla

Quote:
Excellent point on the decaffeinated state of the morning... need more of the Gevalia Royal Vinter myself. Since this is only cup 3, the advantage is still there, but not insurmountable.

What does sunny mean? I've forgotten.
After extensive testing we just had it confirmed by scientists here in Seattle. A very rare phenomenon, but occasionally we do see the sun in December. Riots and mayhem ensued upon the news, however a holiday was declared, so all might experience it.

Hmm... maybe I should create a new samich/ beer combination to commemorate the event!

oooohhhh, no fair! Mass quantities of fresh fudge and it's 3 time zones away!

LL

Last edited by LibraryLady; 12-30-2006 at 11:13.
LibraryLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 19:00   #124
brewmonkey
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Hey Brew, RL's samich would go nicely with a Red Tail Ale and some good malt vinegar and sea salt kettle cooked potato chips, wouldn't it?
Is that the Red Tail Ale from Mendicino? If so then I would say sure.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:50   #125
Squidly
Auxiliary

Grilled swiss and tomato.

Hot navel pastrami on rye with swiss and deli mustard.

Fried Spam , fresh garden tomato, fresh ground black pepper, and mayo on white.

Onion bagel w/ cream cheese, tomato, purple onion, and crisp bacon (daughter's favorite)

Green pepper, onion, cucumber, tomato on pumpernickel with fire grilled bacon and a little bacon grease.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 00:54   #126
Ben 'round
Asset

The Bologna and Cheeto Paste Sammich'

Folks,
It Ain't much more than a bologna with cheese sammich with cheeto paste. What is Cheeto paste you ask? Well, you fill a ziploc bag halfway with flaming hot cheetos, then fill it a quarter way with pickle juice. Then you shake it until the cheetos are soggy and begin crushing them until they reach a paste-like state. At that time you cut one end off the ziploc bag and serve like mustard. Kinda sick sounding but try it. Goes great on burgers too!
Ben 'round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 13:42   #127
vsvo
Area Commander

My wife makes this sandwich which I like a lot.

Sliced bread. She usually uses wheat.
Sliced roast beef. She gets london broil from the deli counter at the nearby Harris Teeter.
Sliced cheese. She has used muenster, swiss and sharp cheddar. We like swiss the best.

Sauce:
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce. We just use this, which I’ve seen in the international aisle at the grocery store. It’s definitely available at the Asian grocery stores.
1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce. I’ve also seen this at the grocery store. This sauce and the hoisin are also typically on the table at the pho restaurants.
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish. Use more or less of this and the chili sauce, as you like.

Place a couple slices of butter on a hot iron skillet. Place one slice of bread on the skillet. Build it with one slice of cheese and the sliced roast beef. Cover with second slice of bread. Cook until the bread is toasted, then flip and cook until the other side is toasted. Add more butter if necessary. Remove from skillet. Spoon sauce inside the sandwich, then serve.

ETA: My food photography skills leave a lot to be desired, but here are shots of the sandwich and sauce.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RB Sand.jpg (330.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Sauce.jpg (328.3 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by vsvo; 03-18-2008 at 13:10. Reason: add pics
vsvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 13:13   #128
Penn
Area Commander

EQ’s Breakfast Sandwich
1. Toasted English muffin, split not sliced apart, toasted crisp and buttered
2. One slice of Genoa salami place in a non stick pan warmed gently.
3. One slice of white American cheese placed on top of the Salami to melt/soften.
4. Place Salami and cheese on the muffin.
5. One over easy egg on the above and S & P
6. enjoy
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 14:22   #129
f50lrrp
BANNED USER

1. A Club Sandwich from the Hill Top Market outside the Taylor Street Gate of the Presidio of Monterey. Two full pounds of meat and cheese on a thick, seeded french roll.

2. A Bratwurst sandwich or a Schnitzel sandwich from the Mecca Deli in Marina, California. Both with authentic German Senf.
f50lrrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 13:29   #130
2018commo
Quiet Professional

Breakfast on a Bun

Breakfast on a Bun
Stolen from Nicks, Cross Street Market, Baltimore MD
Large Kaiser Roll, halved and toasted on griddle, once toasted well buttered.
Two eggs fried hard, slice of provolone cheese on eggs.
2-4 slices of bacon,
One cup hash browns, well garnished with sub hots.
Assemble on Kaiser, wrap in heavy aluminum foil.
Show up on job site with a box of these on a Saturday morning.
Raise moral and git r done.

WARNING: Not AR 600-9 compliant

Jump Street Never Ends

“There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go, no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone”

"Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you"

Last edited by 2018commo; 03-26-2008 at 03:09.
2018commo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:27   #131
JustinW20
Auxiliary

Easter Leftover Samich'

Left over tri-tip, sliced thin.
Left over Camembert cheese, spread thick.
Sourdough bread.

Grill it up... Best darn grilled cheese I ever had!

- Robert Heinlein

“To do what ought to be done but what would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”

- Robert Morrision
JustinW20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 20:04   #132
Philkilla
SF Candidate

My culinary mind isn't quite cooking at the moment, but, how many of you have heard of Firehouse Subs? It's a franchise 6-7 years deep mostly based in FL I presume...but MAN..they must put crack in the subs. Best Sandwich chain I have ever come across.

If you see one, make sure you stop and check it out. The hook and ladder is the cornerstone of sandwich excellence.
Philkilla is offline   Reply With Quote