Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Gourmet Guerrilla

Old 12-17-2012, 16:43   #1
12B4S
Quiet Professional

BOHICA Vodka

While picking up some beer the other day, I saw a bottle of vodka next to the cooler that I just couldn’t pass up. Bohica Vodka, distilled by Mystic Mountain Distillery. Now how could anyone that has been in the military pass that up? At the time I really had no intention of drinking it. After all how good it be with a name like that? After looking at the label, I found that it was made here in CO. I had no idea there was a distillery here. For those familiar with CO. It’s in Larkspur, close to Castle Rock. Between Denver and Colorado Springs.

The bottle is 750ML. 80 Proof. I gave in and decided to give it a try. Besides, I was out of beer. The top is sealed like a wine bottle and has a cork top. The bottom of the bottle is concave, like a wine bottle. Could make a nice standoff. There is a smaller label on the bottom stating the Batch and Lot numbers, Their web site describes that they distill in smaller batches for quality. At any rate, The vodka is excellent, quite smooth. Cost is $20.00 or so. The web site also has a list of the stores that sell their products. Which is at this time anyway only here in CO.
Next I need to try the Rocky Mountain Moonshine Sippin’ Hootch and some of the others.

http://www.mysticmtnspirits.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BOHICA.jpg (34.1 KB, 90 views)
Old 12-17-2012, 16:57   #2
PSM
Area Commander

I'll have to tell my son to bring some for Christmas.

My eyes aren't what they used to be so I needed a closer look at the label:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BOHICA.jpg (70.0 KB, 86 views)

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 17:12   #3
Snaquebite
Area Commander

From the website

Quote:
BOHICA Vodka is our way of paying homage to the military. BOHICA Vodka got its name from a saying used during military days. When there would come a time someone had to go in front of a superior for a stern “talkingto” the joke would be “I have to go get BOHICA’d” which stands for Bend Over Here It Comes Again!
http://mysticmtnspirits.com/bohica-vodka.html

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 17:22   #4
echoes
Area Commander

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4S View Post
While picking up some beer the other day, I saw a bottle of vodka next to the cooler that I just couldn’t pass up. Bohica Vodka, distilled by Mystic Mountain Distillery. Now how could anyone that has been in the military pass that up? At the time I really had no intention of drinking it. After all how good it be with a name like that? After looking at the label, I found that it was made here in CO. I had no idea there was a distillery here. For those familiar with CO. It’s in Larkspur, close to Castle Rock. Between Denver and Colorado Springs.

The bottle is 750ML. 80 Proof. I gave in and decided to give it a try. Besides, I was out of beer. The top is sealed like a wine bottle and has a cork top. The bottom of the bottle is concave, like a wine bottle. Could make a nice standoff. There is a smaller label on the bottom stating the Batch and Lot numbers, Their web site describes that they distill in smaller batches for quality. At any rate, The vodka is excellent, quite smooth. Cost is $20.00 or so. The web site also has a list of the stores that sell their products. Which is at this time anyway only here in CO.
Next I need to try the Rocky Mountain Moonshine Sippin’ Hootch and some of the others.

http://www.mysticmtnspirits.com
B,

Well I should have tried some over the Holidays Sir, am sure it is very, very good!!!

Thank you for posting the info, as I am sure it made for some great Holiday Cheer in CO.

SF Men just...know...

Holly

Last edited by echoes; 01-15-2013 at 17:37.
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:36   #5
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
I'll have to tell my son to bring some for Christmas.

My eyes aren't what they used to be so I needed a closer look at the label:
Not so much your eyes as my lousy photography PSM. Hope your son was able to pick up a bottle for you....
Old 01-21-2013, 12:41   #6
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes View Post
B,

Well I should have tried some over the Holidays Sir, am sure it is very, very good!!!

Thank you for posting the info, as I am sure it made for some great Holiday Cheer in CO.

SF Men just...know...

Holly
It unfortunately isn't available in TX Holly. I suppose if some liquor store wanted to contact the distillery, they have ways of ordering. I only had the one shot, just to see if it was any good. I'll come up with other ways to drink it sometime. Hope the New Year is going well...
Old 01-21-2013, 12:53   #7
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Hope your son was able to pick up a bottle for you....
He forgot. But, he left his AR here for maintenance, so I'll be taking it back to him in a couple of months. Hopefully, I'll remember to pick some up.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 13:01   #8
Dozer523
BANNED USER

We actually have an asset "bohica". Dropped by for a week back in 06. His loss. Would make a great avatar.
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 13:29   #9
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
It unfortunately isn't available in TX Holly. I suppose if some liquor store wanted to contact the distillery, they have ways of ordering. I only had the one shot, just to see if it was any good. I'll come up with other ways to drink it sometime. Hope the New Year is going well...
B,

Well, it has a great logo, (haha,) and let me know if you need some ideas for your next consumption opportunity? I can think of a few that might be right up your alley.

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote