Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Gourmet Guerrilla

Old 05-22-2011, 19:42   #76
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

I made these up on Saturday evening.. One Rack of Pork and One of Beef.

Sweet as can be.....

Thanks to RL and TS for the receipt!!!!!!

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:50   #77
XJWoody
Auxiliary

I put a batch in the oven at 0630... Mid-day ribs, and the house smelling like a BBQ shack...

Adding a thanks to TS and RL... These are well worth the extra effort and attention to detail.
XJWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:30   #78
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Don't walk away from your grill for even a second as the sauce will drip and burn very quickly...
Read and heed! I made the wings Thursday and, after the first turn, walked into the kitchen to throw away the aluminum foil. When I got back to the grill two were already up in flames.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 21:12   #79
PSM
Area Commander

Made the ribs tonight. The meat was great! The sauce sucked big time! BUT, it wasn't Chef Jeff's sauce. I didn't have any store-bought sauce, so I made my own. I used a Tony Roma's (finger tip to the side of the nostril) knockoff. I don't remember TR's (Roma, not Reaper) sauce being so vinegary. Doesn't matter, though, we have more ribs in the freezer!

Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 030.jpg (67.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 032.jpg (77.8 KB, 33 views)

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
Old 05-01-2012, 14:17   #80
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Made the ribs tonight. The meat was great! The sauce sucked big time! BUT, it wasn't Chef Jeff's sauce. I didn't have any store-bought sauce, so I made my own. I used a Tony Roma's (finger tip to the side of the nostril) knockoff. I don't remember TR's (Roma, not Reaper) sauce being so vinegary. Doesn't matter, though, we have more ribs in the freezer!

Pat
Round 2. Much better using a homemade sauce similar to Sweet Baby Ray's. Mine is a little more spicy.

Seven hours under the foil tent on a rack and 45 min. on the grill per directions. Very tender; very tasty! These are not BBR's, though. This has been a rehearsal for a Mother's Day get-together in Fort Worth next week. I think I'm ready.

Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBQ Ribs 002.jpg (75.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg BBQ Ribs 003.jpg (84.4 KB, 22 views)