Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > Mindset

Old 07-03-2012, 15:43   #1
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Happy Independence Day............

The difference between the path toward greater freedom or bigger government is the difference between success and failure; between opportunity and coercion; between faith in a glorious future and fear of mediocrity and despair; between respecting people as adults, each with a spark of greatness, and treating them as helpless children to be forever dependent; between a drab, materialistic world where Big Brother rules by promises to special interest groups, and a world of adventure where everyday people set their sights on impossible dreams, distant stars, and the Kingdom of God.........

Ronald Reagan. Happy Independence Day......

There are 25 million living veterans in this country who are ready to strap it back on and do what is necessary. Gen Peter Pace, USMC

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII

Last edited by greenberetTFS; 07-04-2012 at 00:21.
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 16:14   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Happy Birthday America..

US Army Cannon Cockers Solute
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fourth_of_July.jpg (95.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Liberty4th-of-july.jpg (122.0 KB, 18 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 16:32   #3
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Amen
Old 07-03-2012, 20:00   #4
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Happy Independence Day, all!

(My temporary avatar is my son firing a 75mm at the opening of the 2012 CALFEX at Ft. Carson a couple of weeks ago. As an FO, it's the closest he's ever been to an artillery piece. )

Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fire!.jpg (55.1 KB, 33 views)

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 21:36   #5
Radar Rider
Guerrilla Chief

I have two heroes in my life: My father and Ronald Reagan. I thank God for the 236th year of our independence.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:27   #6
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Today is one of those days when hanging the Flag out front brings on a certain level of emotion.

Yes...it means something.

Happy Birthday American.

Quote:
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:05   #7
Richard
Quiet Professional

I hope y'all enjoy a happy and safe Independence Day...and keep that powder dry!

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Independence Day.jpg (20.2 KB, 17 views)
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:51   #8
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Happy B'day, America!

For us, Independence Day is usually a 2 day event. So far, this one has been special. One of our Marines made it home in time to dance with his daughter on her sweet 16! With my wife heading to OEF and my brother having just returned I can truly say not a day goes by that I don't think about our freedom and what it means to be an American. Seeing my nephew celebrate his first one has been icing on the cake!

Everyone have a safe and awesome July 4th!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T&S16Bday.jpg (62.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg FuturePatriot.jpg (48.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg AllPatriots.jpg (64.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg T&S16Bday2.jpg (62.4 KB, 32 views)
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:14   #9
Destrier
Quiet Professional

First Fourth for me that I am home safe and retired. My two oldest children now deployed overseas serving thank you for keeping the tent of freedom set up.

God bless our forefathers that struggled to shape and create this fine Country and our fellow Americans of the future.

Happy Fourth America.

For those in power currently, may he give them a slap on the back of the head as a wake up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flag tent.jpg (31.3 KB, 11 views)
Enlightenment comes with age. In SF we cannot wait for aged enlightenment to be successful. We need to be successful now. This means hunt out education, seek advice from experts, become an expert, and never stop learning. Never let your ego keep you from asking questions! Pass on your knowledge! (Pistol Pete)
Destrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:00   #10
Sarski

May everyone, no matter where you are celebrating, have a safe and happy 4th of July.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:33   #11
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Happy Independence Day America and Thank You to All that Are and Have served to make us able to Celebrate another Independence Day.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:50   #12
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Happy birthday America

All enjoy today, be safe, watch the little ones around fireworks. If you're playing with fireworks think about fire levels.

Happy 4th of July!!!!

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:57   #13
Sdiver
Area Commander

Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th.

Down the British !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy0q2lAggHI

Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:17   #14
SPEC4
Guerrilla

An old mule skinner

I took my Grandson to the sunrise flag raising on "Flag Butte", a tradition in this part of the prairie. To impress my Grandson I wore my old jungle fatigue jacket, from back in the day. While there I met a 92 year old veteran he introduced himself as an old mule skinner in Burma. We had a great visit, I felt honored to meet him.
God bless us EVERYONE !

Unconventional forces in Burma (now Myanmar), including Merrill's Marauders, used mules quite effectively. During the operations against Myitkyina (pronounced Mish-i-naw), the key objective in Northern Burma, the 475th Infantry Regiment, 124th Cavalry, two battalions of pack artillery and QM Pack Troops became the Mars Task Force. A Liberty ship brought about 275 mules of the 35th Pack Troop to India, then to Ledo by train. An overland march 300 miles down the Ledo Road brought them to Camp Landis, Burma. The mules were divided among the units of the force and served to carry machine guns, mortars, ammunition and other supplies in terrain where no other method was feasible. On 17 May 1944, Merrill's Marauders took their pack mules on a 65 mile march traversing the Kumon Mountain range to attack and capture the airfield at Myitkyina, the only all-weather airfield in the country, and the gateway to the road to China.

Learn from the mistakes of others...you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Love is like a fart, if you have to force it ......it's CRAP.

If you stay ready you don't have to get ready - an old Fireman
SPEC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:50   #15
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

If after you've sung the National Anthem and you feel a little tear in eye,don't feel embarrassed,just thank God for it,it means your still very much an American................

Big Teddy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Respect...........jpg (112.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Old soldier.........jpg (77.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Not Forgotten............jpg (123.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg REMEMBER........jpg (60.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg American Flag..............jpg (68.9 KB, 27 views)
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote