Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 09-18-2023, 04:46   #1771
Badger52
Area Commander

Yessir, district court heads explode. The heart of the matter:
Quote:
...in cases involving a constitutional claim, a likelihood of success on the
merits usually establishes irreparable harm, and strongly tips the balance of equities and public interest in favor of granting a preliminary injunction.
Their repetitive pounding of the concept that denial of a constitutional right, however brief, constitutes irreparable harm is good. That the fight shouldn't have to be fought is obvious, but I remember when the 9th Circuit was "Do not pass Go. Proceed straight to Gulag."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 18:59   #1772
Badger52
Area Commander

CAUTION: Shrapnel from Kalifornia heads exploding

California's 'High Capacity' Magazine Ban Ruled Unconstitutional Under Bruen

Today, Judge Benitez has, as expected, struck down the ban as clearly unconstitutional.
Here's the link to the decision. I happen to enjoy the BLUF approach of the Court, which states what is happening, literally "up front."

Quote:
We begin at the end. California’s ban and mandatory dispossession of firearm magazines holding more than 10 rounds (California Penal Code § 32310(c) and (d)), as amended by Proposition 63, was preliminarily enjoined in 2017.1 That decision was affirmed on appeal.2 In 2019, summary judgment was granted in favor of Plaintiffs and § 32310 in its entirety was judged to be unconstitutional.3

Initially, that decision was also affirmed on appeal.4 However, the decision was re-heard and reversed by the court of appeals en banc.5 In 2022, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari, vacated the appellate en banc decision, and remanded the case.6 The court of appeals, in turn, remanded the case to this Court “for further proceedings consistent with New York State Rifle & Pistol Ass’n, Inc. v. Bruen, 142 S. Ct. 2111 (2022).”7 All relevant findings of fact and conclusions of law set forth in the prior decision concluding § 32310 is unconstitutional are incorporated herein.
This is not the first time Justice Benitez has done liberty proud. So hand salute, and 3-fingers of something of his choosing.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 09-23-2023, 17:01   #1773
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
California's 'High Capacity' Magazine Ban Ruled Unconstitutional Under Bruen

Today, Judge Benitez has, as expected, struck down the ban as clearly unconstitutional.
Here's the link to the decision. I happen to enjoy the BLUF approach of the Court, which states what is happening, literally "up front."

This is not the first time Justice Benitez has done liberty proud. So hand salute, and 3-fingers of something of his choosing.
Now we'll get to see how Kali's new 11% Tax on guns and ammo holds up in court. It doesn't do into effect until July 1.2024 which is perfectly timed as the 2024 election will be getting hot and will give Newsome some talking points while he is on the campaign trail.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-tax-guns-ammo
Old 09-24-2023, 11:02   #1774
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Now we'll get to see how Kali's new 11% Tax on guns and ammo holds up in court. It doesn't do into effect until July 1.2024 which is perfectly timed as the 2024 election will be getting hot and will give Newsome some talking points while he is on the campaign trail.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-tax-guns-ammo
This could be a good opportunity to test Murdock v. Pennsylvania for the 2nd Amendment.
A win would lay the groundwork for eliminating the NFA.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 15:05   #1775
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
This could be a good opportunity to test Murdock v. Pennsylvania for the 2nd Amendment.
A win would lay the groundwork for eliminating the NFA.
+1 Also, I remember that 11% as being the number in Germany for their Mehrwertsteuer. How appropriate.

Old 09-26-2023, 09:28   #1776
Box
Quiet Professional

I just think its hilarious that some of you folks actually think "law" has any thing whatsoever to do with this.

...or that the left has any intention of following a "law" that increases the amount of freedoms and liberties (aka privileges) bestowed upon those peasants subject to the decrees of King Brandon
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 09-26-2023 at 09:30.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 14:05   #1777
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I just think its hilarious that some of you folks actually think "law" has any thing whatsoever to do with this.

...or that the left has any intention of following a "law" that increases the amount of freedoms and liberties (aka privileges) bestowed upon those peasants subject to the decrees of King Brandon
My mother has always said that with each new law you lose a little bit more freedom.
Old 09-26-2023, 17:43   #1778
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
My mother has always said that with each new law you lose a little bit more freedom.
I like Heinlein's method:
Bi-cameral legislature. One body requires 2/3 to pass ANYthing. If it can't get that support, it's not needed. Second body is to review the first. If even 1/3 don't like the law, it's shit-canned forthwith.

Old 10-08-2023, 13:43   #1779
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

ATF enjoined from enforcing machine gun laws against FRTs.
For now, FRTs are legal, and will likely remain legal unless Congress intervenes.

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/w...80076.53.0.pdf
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
Old 10-10-2023, 08:56   #1780
Box
Quiet Professional

Just to keep everything in perspective - the "Gun Control Act of 1986" was not signed by a democrat.
The gun ban in the 90's could NOT have passed without signification republican participation.
The "re-imagining" of gun laws by the ATF from 2016 through 2020 did NOT happen without tacit support of the republican party.
This last little bit a bullshit "anti-crime" legislation couldn't have gotten through without signification republican support.

Unconstitutional gun control and the deteriorating civil liberties is one of the only bipartisan efforts we have in government.
Just like the war mongering democrats love to blame endless wars on the right, gun snatching republicans go to great lengths to blame all gun control on the right.

The 2d amendment to the bill of government approved privileges is cute but I believe it was the 46th POTUS that once said...

No rights are absolute.

But dont worry - eventually Bill Clinton'S wife will have all of you gun nuts rounded up and thrown in the same re-education camps as those deplorable Trump supporters.

Lets finish the job - reelect Brandon in 2028.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 10-11-2023, 04:13   #1781
JimP
Quiet Professional

"But dont worry - eventually Bill Clinton'S wife will have all of you gun nuts rounded up and thrown in the same re-education camps as those deplorable Trump supporters."

Yeah....not so much. Here's one gun nut that's not going to get on that train. I have a gun. They don't want me to have that gun. I refuse to give up my gun. Their move......

Phuc, they wanted to put us in camps for refusing an experimental "vaccine." This isn't too much of a jump. I'm perfectly OK going out defending the Constitution rather than dying in some nursing home and being used for "old people fights for the last of the Tapioca" on Thursday nights.

In fact, I'd MUCH rather go out that way.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 09:01   #1782
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
"But dont worry - eventually Bill Clinton'S wife will have all of you gun nuts rounded up and thrown in the same re-education camps as those deplorable Trump supporters."

Yeah....not so much. Here's one gun nut that's not going to get on that train. I have a gun. They don't want me to have that gun. I refuse to give up my gun. Their move......

Phuc, they wanted to put us in camps for refusing an experimental "vaccine." This isn't too much of a jump. I'm perfectly OK going out defending the Constitution rather than dying in some nursing home and being used for "old people fights for the last of the Tapioca" on Thursday nights.

In fact, I'd MUCH rather go out that way.
Don’t piss off old people.
The older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.

Speaking nursing homes…
https://babylonbee.com/news/elderly-...g-the-populace
Old 10-11-2023, 09:26   #1783
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Just to keep everything in perspective - the "Gun Control Act of 1986" was not signed by a democrat.
And it was endorsed by the NRA....Negotiated Rights Away.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 04:16   #1784
Badger52
Area Commander

Judge Benitez Strikes Again

LINK HERE to the District Court Decision telling CA that their AR-15 ban is unconstitutional, although it gives the Kali Regime ten days to appeal.

Interesting read and Judge Benitez tends to use quite a bit of normal people language in his decisions.

Old 10-20-2023, 06:29   #1785
Box
Quiet Professional

Just a show of hands...

How many people think that the left gives two shits about a legal ruling that says their policies and legislation is unconstitutional?

The democratic peoples republic still lets you have an AR-15
it just has to have the bayonet lug removed
no barrel threads
no pistol grip
a stock that looks like it was made with a taffy puller
a magazine button
a magic bolt that micro-stamps a brief bio about your family history on the bottom of every shell casing fired from the gun
special taggants in the gun powder that identify the pronouns of everyone in the guns chain of custody
special administrative measures to make sure only the best citizens are purchasing firearms
special adherence to "common sense gun laws"
...for the children

hahahaha
"constitutional"
stop it - your words are tickling me

"The Second Amendment is not absolute"
- Joseph Robinette Biden

Last edited by Box; 10-20-2023 at 06:33.