Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 06-16-2020, 09:30   #1051
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Some possible good news regarding treatment:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ients-survival

Box: nice lyrics

1979: The Knack was an under rated band and Statutory rape was still groovy.
But you know what they say- "if its got a good beat and its easy to dance to"

LHC
Old 06-16-2020, 09:46   #1052
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
The Knack retooled the lyrics just a tad and the rest – as they say – is history.
Just the same – I like to share what I am pretty sure are the ORIGINAL song lyrics to the 79’ hit single before it went top-40……………….

Be well and dont forget to wash your hands.
Never forget - NASCAR spreads pestilence but rioting cures the 'Rona
Bahahahaha Box is so damn funny...Priceless...Now go wash your hands and wear a mask, unless you riot....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 19:23   #1053
Badger52
Area Commander

Long overdue

Breitbart has an interesting piece I'm sure is related to mymymy my Corona. One of those things that just goes on in the background while we talk about vote by mail, and The Mouse That Roared up in Minneapolis. CNN? Crickets. Also, no congresskritters were overburdened with having to hold hearings or fund anything, as this is what an Executive Branch does.

The U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) recently announced that it dismissed or lost to resignations 54 of its scientists amid the ongoing Trump administration probe to weed out suspected Chinese spies from universities and laboratories across the United States.

NIH investigators focused on rooting out grantees who fail to disclose financial ties to foreign governments have identified 399 scientists “of possible concern” as part of a probe launched in August 2018. The NIH is a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

So far, 54 of the identified scientists have lost their jobs, Michael Lauer, NIH’s head of extramural research, revealed during a virtual meeting with a senior advisory panel on Friday. Currently, the agency is actively investigating 189 scientists at 87 institutions, the majority (over 80 percent) of whom are Asian males in their 50s benefitting from Chinese financial support.
“To be clear, this is not about the Chinese people as a whole, and it sure as heck isn’t about Chinese Americans as a group,” FBI Director Christopher Wray proclaimed in February. “But it is about the Chinese government and the Chinese Communist Party.”

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:13   #1054
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

Chinese Everywhere

Maybe this will expand into publicly traded companies. At least companies that provide utilities and services to national infrastructure.

How many of our corporate leaders have ties to China Communist Party? Interesting to see how a company changes policy and swings over to the left, the number of Chinese Americans that staff the financial department. They ALL have family in China and ALL are subjected to influence.

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:35   #1055
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

I really like this adaptation of military weaponry for fighting the WuFlu/Kung Flu.
https://billkelsomfg.com/shop/produc...nel-mine-mask/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09_M18_CLAYMORE_MASK_6.jpg (69.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 09_M18_CLAYMORE_MASK_1.jpg (116.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 09_M18_CLAYMORE_MASK_2.jpg (100.7 KB, 36 views)
Old 06-17-2020, 13:00   #1056
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMAHAWK9521 View Post
I really like this adaptation of military weaponry for fighting the WuFlu/Kung Flu.
Very cool product...very proud price. $56 US.

At least I think that might include free shipping from UK to USA. better check to be certain.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 14:25   #1057
cat in the hat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Checked my old claymore bags, none have any writing left or they would be on the way for you to make better versions.

American on the inside, useful on the outside
cat in the hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:44   #1058
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Very cool. I was trying to find one last weekend...much to the chagrin of my spouse, that said "Your Rights Stop Here."
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 16:09   #1059
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
PSA

I was just reading the updates on the CDC site.
They updated their chart on the probability of COVID-19 risk levels for infection.
Nine(9) being the most likely place to get infected and One(1) is a safe bet

Great news,, you can riot all you want. it doesn't count
Attached Images
File Type: jpg covid2.jpg (60.5 KB, 34 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 19:19   #1060
EricV
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
PSA

They updated their chart on the probability of COVID-19 risk levels for infection.

Don't see the risk level for "Riot", er... I mean "Peaceful Protesting" either
Old 06-18-2020, 19:41   #1061
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post
Don't see the risk level for "Riot", er... I mean "Peaceful Protesting" either
Did you NOT look at the graphic?

Risk Level-2:
-Walk, run, or bike with others
-Get car gasoline

Peaceful protestors ride a bike to get car gasoline...
...fill up their containers
...walk down Mainstreet setting fires
...run from the law after securing their big screen TV

Are you just not paying attention?
You need to do better if you're ever going to be woke enough to enoy virus-free protesting.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 23:39   #1062
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Y’all know in the game of golf when you slice or shank the ball off the desired path you are supposed to yell - “four” - to properly warn people to cover their head or duck from some little white ball careening through the air; or just look in the direction of the warning so as to get hit in the face instead of the back of the head.

Well, I’ve taken to loudly announcing - “corona” - every time I cough, sneeze or forcefully clear my throat. So far the looks received are either mildly amusing or downright scary (have to follow up with a “just kidding” remark for some people,) but, really have we come to fear someone sneezing in public as a dare to a gun fight outside the local saloon?

At what point does saying “corona” equate to yelling fire in a crowded movie theater?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 00:06   #1063
PSM
Area Commander

"Y’all know in the game of golf when you slice or shank the ball off the desired path you are supposed to yell - “four” - to properly warn people to cover their head or duck from some little white ball careening through the air; or just look in the direction of the warning so as to get hit in the face instead of the back of the head."

My son (WO1) was playing with a CW3 at Ft. Carson. The Chief hit the ball into a parallel green and hit a female AF COL in the head. My son is like me and could not control his laughing when they went over to apologize.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Last edited by PSM; 06-19-2020 at 00:14. Reason: Added the ending.
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 13:41   #1064
Pete
Quiet Professional

Navy won't reinstate fired Captain

Navy won't reinstate fired Captain

Since this was covid related I'll post the update here.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...captain-report

"The Navy will not reinstate the fired commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier following an investigation of leadership’s handling of a coronavirus outbreak onboard in March.

A congressional aide confirmed to The Hill that the service will uphold its firing of Capt. Brett Crozier, who was removed from his post after a letter he wrote pleading for help with the outbreak leaked in the media.

The Navy will also place a hold on the promotion of Rear Adm. Stu Baker, the one-star commander of Carrier Strike Group 9 and the senior officer onboard the Roosevelt at the time of the COVID-19 outbreak, the source said...."
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:16   #1065
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
PSA

Perfect timing really...right before political rallies...just look how little they care for the rest of the country. They openly raise the risk of infection to 9!
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote