Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 03-16-2022, 12:14   #1801
Box
Quiet Professional

some of them are 'Feather Boa' constrictors
...behind closed doors of course
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 08:19   #1802
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
May you have a joyous Saint Patrick's Day

You might remember my 1st DNA test with 23andMe. I followed up with a 2nd test by Ancestry com. They look to support my Love of Erin's Isle, nee Hibernia.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 17:36   #1803
cbtengr
Area Commander

What can I say.

Scots new.JPG
Old 10-27-2022, 17:14   #1804
cbtengr
Area Commander

Moms 87

At the beginning of the year I took my mother shopping for an assisted living place. We found one she liked and the plan was to get her into it in October. She had been on here own since 1999 living 5 miles out of town on an 80 acre farm. By mid May her mind had slipped to the point that she could no longer stay there. She got a little testy at times as I told her it was time to go, but she knew it was time. I moved her out June 15th she remembers nothing about the move or even what the house she lived in the last 52 years looks like. Her plan was to die out in her flower beds pulling weeds. Well I told her that it was just not her time yet.

Here it is almost 5 months later and she is enjoying her new life. I visited her today and she was in the middle of special activities time. She handed me this and said I made this for you. It kind of struck me as like when I was coming home from school as a little kid and telling her I made this for you.

IMG_20221027_134944783.jpg
Old 10-27-2022, 19:00   #1805
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Glad to hear that she is finding new ways to enjoy this stage of her life. If you live long enough, life really is a circle.
Old 10-28-2022, 05:10   #1806
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
Here it is almost 5 months later and she is enjoying her new life. I visited her today and she was in the middle of special activities time. She handed me this and said I made this for you. It kind of struck me as like when I was coming home from school as a little kid and telling her I made this for you.
Very cool. Thanks for sharing that tale. Glad things appear to be workin' out.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 18:56   #1807
Gypsy
Area Commander

Very sweet cbtengr
Old 11-08-2022, 19:28   #1808
Box
Quiet Professional

Bill Clinton's wife still isn't the president, 2020 was a sham, COVID is a lie, and Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 17:37   #1809
Badger52
Area Commander

For those of a certain vintage...

Flags here are at half-staff but nice of our feckless governor to recognize Hmong-Lao Veteran's Day. Some of you oldsters may have some fond Montagnard memories or stories.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 08-01-2023, 10:02   #1810
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Been fortunate to have a group of childhood friends who have stayed close to this day, and we have continued to congregate when schedules allow.
Among this group is my oldest still-living friend, whom I have known since 1985.

Today marks a special day for him.

During the summer of 1992, our friend group had one last hurrah before we sent him off for what was supposed to be a 4 year enlistment in the Army.
It turned out to be a bit longer.

He returns today to civilian life.
He retired at the rank of CW4 after 31 years of active duty service in the Army, and was awarded the Legion of Merit shortly before retiring.

My friends and I would like to thank the Army for taking care of him these past several decades.
We’ve got him from here.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 15:18   #1811
MR2
Quiet Professional

<salute>

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 17:42   #1812
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Awesome..

As a bit of a twist.. I was asked last night on FB "Who's your oldest friend."

I am very fortunate to still be in contact with the FIRST girl I kissed in 2nd grade
AND 64 of my HS graduation class. About 7 of which I was in kindergarten with, including said Kiss :]

This year we celebrate our 70th Kindergarten graduation. Class of 53..

Shit, we sure are old

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 10:29   #1813
Badger52
Area Commander

Numbah One Genius Grand-daughter prepping for LSAT

(she's the one way back when who embarassed her Dad by passing Richard's 4-question "SF Test" - it was funny)

She's an anomaly in her generation and, now that she's away from her peers who are still settling for multiple "scrambling" jobs (Door Dash, fast food etc.) to pay rent, she has had another direction opened for her due to her work in a law office in a town nearby. So she advises me a few days ago, over the Honeyed Chicken and Egg Drop soup, that she's been prepping for the LSAT.

She has the smarts, and the work ethic, so we're rooting for her. I have to keep taking care of myself so I can live long enough to continue our friendly "discussions" although we're often on the same page. Drives grandma nuts that we sit there and go all-in on some piece of case law we read about...

Anyway, go Elizabeth and FJB!

Old 03-07-2024, 10:55   #1814
MR2
Quiet Professional

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 07:31   #1815
Swoop
Quiet Professional

I think we may have a new bumper sticker, “Go Elizabeth and FJB!”
Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote