Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18E

Old 12-12-2020, 10:14   #1
dannyleo
Quiet Professional

Zodiac killer code finally broken, after 51 years!

Thought y'all would be interested. It was in the news. Wow. Maybe 'somebody's' finally playing nice with the FBI? Though one thing I heard, it may have been the combined efforts of three civilians who actually broke it. Probably most folks here are too young to remember, but the Zodiac killer was a big deal when I was younger.

Motorcycle Adventure Addict
Former Action Guy
Leatherneck/Devil Dog
Motorcycle Officer
Firefighter
Paramedic

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, then got too fat to wear it.
Motorcycled to the Arctic Ocean North of Prudhoe Bay.
Said, "Been there, done that."
Turned around and drove straight to Key West, Southernmost Point in the US.
I didn't have any room for t-shirts on that little 13,500-mile journey.
dannyleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 10:33   #2
PSM
Area Commander

Here's a video of how they cracked it: https://www.*******.com/watch?v=-1oQLPRE21o

One word is misspelled and in the comments they suspect that that may be the guy's name.

(You're new here, Danny, and may not know the YT is sort of banned. Just replace the ******* with the site name.)

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 19:51   #3
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

This stuff fascinates me! BTK tried to do a weird cypher too, but his was really weak. There is some twisted stuff going on in these dudes heads.

The amount of mistakes in the codes goes to the mental instability in these crazy mofos heads. They think they are geniuses but really, they’re just crazy.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 22:31   #4
Box
Quiet Professional

51 years of code breaking and the name si still spelled wrong? Give me 27 minutes with a trigraph cipher wheel and a 12 pack of ice-cold Heineken and I'll show everyone how D.B. Cooper, The Zodiak Killer, and Hunter Biden are all the same person.

Have you ever seen all three of them in the same place at the same time?
...I didnt think so

Check it out - if you have a trigraph, give this a try

DBCOOPERHUNTERBIDEN
THEXXZODIAKXXXKILLER

Line them up and run the letters through a whiz wheel and this is what you get.....................

Epstein didnt kill himself
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 12-12-2020 at 22:34.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 22:34   #5
PSM
Area Commander

After watching those videos, I have no idea what kind of minds pursue these challenges. I had a headache after watching the "solved" one.

That said, I had a long time friend, now deceased, who was a well known crossword puzzle creator for the NYT and other syndicated publications (he was even in a movie with Slick Willie) who used to use me to test puzzle questions that he thought were too tough for the average person. He knew I hated x-words. I ALWAYS got his hardest and rarely his easiest (in his mind). It drove him nuts. Different minds, different capabilities.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
Old 12-12-2020, 22:41   #6
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
You missed the 'Z'. "Epstein didnt kill hizself.

Old 12-13-2020, 20:50   #7
tst43
Guerrilla

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
51 years of code breaking and the name si still spelled wrong? Give me 27 minutes with a trigraph cipher wheel and a 12 pack of ice-cold Heineken and I'll show everyone how D.B. Cooper, The Zodiak Killer, and Hunter Biden are all the same person.

Have you ever seen all three of them in the same place at the same time?
...I didnt think so

Check it out - if you have a trigraph, give this a try

DBCOOPERHUNTERBIDEN
THEXXZODIAKXXXKILLER

Line them up and run the letters through a whiz wheel and this is what you get.....................

SGM,

Your posts never disappoint!
tst43 is offline   Reply With Quote