Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 07-11-2020, 11:38   #1171
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

More good news on the treatment front:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKCN24C0K8

"The randomized control trial indicated that all the patients treated with Itolizumab responded positively and recovered."

LHC

Last edited by Last hard class; 07-11-2020 at 12:08.
Last hard class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 14:16   #1172
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

This an interesting article only in that all the graphs intersect at the same point.

https://apple.news/AKChizU6SQB2WH2pF1tqhHQ

They all show the point where those infected people from New York/New Jersey went to the states who had remained flat during the initial spread of the virus.

The only graph that doesn’t follow what happened in New York/New Jersey and Washington state is the death rate is significantly lower do mostly in part that LTC facilities are better protected, a younger population was exposed and treatments are better known.

If I believed in conspiracies (which I usually don’t) and since these new infections are (supposedly) long after “Spring Break” parties ended and everyone went home without widespread infections, schools were closed and businesses shuttered nearly completely; and coincide with publicized relaxing of “Stay-At-Home” orders...one might lead credibility to theories that those escaping New York/New Jersey have purposely spread the virus far and wide against Republican states. Again, I just don’t believe in conspiracies that Democrats would stoop so low as to send sick volunteers out into the free world to drink in pubs, river raft in rivers, and find other social settings where younger people naturally congregate after being cooped up for eight weeks. You know like a beach!

Anyone that could believe or imagine something like that would have to believe the government made George Floyd, a violent life long criminal, in the commission of a crime, inject himself with high doses of Fentanyl and then tell the arresting police he was not under any circumstances getting in that police vehicle, and chaos would follow to the extent that it has. That’s all just wishful thinking, that these things are unrelated.

The good news (not reported by CNN and other MSM) is the US is testing nearly 700,000 people a day and while high the reported positive cases are less than 70,000 per day. At this rate that’s only 10% of the population and 90% are negative. It should also be noted that only people with symptoms or have been in long term or repeated contact with a known infected person are supported to be getting tested.

As always JMHO-YM(ask)MD

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 07-11-2020 at 14:32.
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:33   #1173
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Follow up to purchase of pulse oximeters. Been using the ZacUrate Pro500 series the last few days while flying to and from work with face coverings. On the ground before boarding and after wearing either a neck gator or surgical mask for a period of time longer than 20-minutes my average SpO2 is 97% (without a mask in the comfort of my home I’m usually at 98% SpO2. Funny but my wife is about 99% and my son 100%.) So, back to my non-scientific study...in an commercial airplane at altitude for an hour or more my SpO2 is dropping to an average of 92%. I’ve hit as low as 88% with the neck gator and a low high of 93% with a surgical mask. Those readings stay fairly consistent until descending below 15,000’ where atmospheric O2 is being pumped back into the airplane, at which time my SpO2 is rising back to 95% on average. After landing and removing the mask for 10-minutes or so I’m back to 97%-98% again. So there is definitely a deficiency which over long periods of time is likely harmful. I’d really like to do ABGs in flight to see what the CO2 levels are but that’s not likely to happen in my environment.

Anyway, the other model I bought was slightly more expensive at $34 with a five star rating but seems to be no better or worse than the $29 Model with 4.5 stars.

Zacurate Pro Series 500DL... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PQ8WTC4...p_mob_ap_share

Santamedical Generation 2... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ORVXPA...p_mob_ap_share

With what I’ve heard from medical experts in the field, hypoxia (SpO2 <90% for a healthy person) is the silent devil sneaking up on you before your body starts to have rapidly deteriorating problems requiring hospitalization and O2 therapy.

For less than $35 this gadget is probably a life saver during this pandemic of respiratory failure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 96F36AA2-C6E7-43CD-92B1-55A2C21BE27A.jpeg (68.3 KB, 12 views)

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 07-12-2020, 12:32   #1174
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Follow up to purchase of pulse oximeters. Been using the ZacUrate Pro500 series the last few days while flying to and from work with face coverings. On the ground before boarding and after wearing either a neck gator or surgical mask for a period of time longer than 20-minutes my average SpO2 is 97% (without a mask in the comfort of my home I’m usually at 98% SpO2. Funny but my wife is about 99% and my son 100%.) So, back to my non-scientific study...in an commercial airplane at altitude for an hour or more my SpO2 is dropping to an average of 92%. I’ve hit as low as 88% with the neck gator and a low high of 93% with a surgical mask. Those readings stay fairly consistent until descending below 15,000’ where atmospheric O2 is being pumped back into the airplane, at which time my SpO2 is rising back to 95% on average. After landing and removing the mask for 10-minutes or so I’m back to 97%-98% again. So there is definitely a deficiency which over long periods of time is likely harmful. I’d really like to do ABGs in flight to see what the CO2 levels are but that’s not likely to happen in my environment.

Anyway, the other model I bought was slightly more expensive at $34 with a five star rating but seems to be no better or worse than the $29 Model with 4.5 stars.

Zacurate Pro Series 500DL... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PQ8WTC4...p_mob_ap_share

Santamedical Generation 2... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ORVXPA...p_mob_ap_share

With what I’ve heard from medical experts in the field, hypoxia (SpO2 <90% for a healthy person) is the silent devil sneaking up on you before your body starts to have rapidly deteriorating problems requiring hospitalization and O2 therapy.

For less than $35 this gadget is probably a life saver during this pandemic of respiratory failure.
Definitely won’t hurt to have them.
I had used them as reassurance tool for the healthy

Imhoo to hit under 90% with no respiratory symptoms whatsoever is unlikely.
For those who test positive at the mission, we do issue a pulse ox. They enter daily reading of o2 sat, temp, and symptoms. For some reason, the most common symptoms here are loss of taste and extreme fatigue. Two patient never had fever the entire time

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 14:25   #1175
cbtengr
Area Commander

Social Distancing

Had breakfast this morning a bit North of Madison Wisconsin. It was not a huge eating joint sat maybe 75 diners at once. At least a third of the tables had signs on them that stated they were not to be used due to the virus. We were immediately set in a booth back to back with other diners and as folks came in the hostess would remove the do not sit here sign and seat them. It did not bother us in the least to be that near other diners. It is all about what one is comfortable with as far as we are concerned.
Old 07-12-2020, 14:43   #1176
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
Had breakfast this morning a bit North of Madison Wisconsin. It was not a huge eating joint sat maybe 75 diners at once. At least a third of the tables had signs on them that stated they were not to be used due to the virus. We were immediately set in a booth back to back with other diners and as folks came in the hostess would remove the do not sit here sign and seat them. It did not bother us in the least to be that near other diners. It is all about what one is comfortable with as far as we are concerned.
Saturday morning at 0615 I played grocery tag. There were probably only 20 people there and this one lady who had her mask hanging from her ear when you got on the isle with her she would look scared and turn and scurry in the other direction. Happened 5 or 6 times. It was funny. When it was time for checkout (self check only) she pot her mask on. I checked out beside her and she could not scan fast enough. It was comical. I told her if you slow down you will get out of here faster. She would not say a word. Some people are just scared of their own shadows.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:39   #1177
tonyz
Area Commander

Interesting development.

Complete article at link below.

EXCLUSIVE: Chinese virologist accuses Beijing of coronavirus cover-up, flees Hong Kong: 'I know how they treat whistleblowers'

Fox News
By Barnini Chakraborty, Alex Diaz | Fox News

Li-Meng Yan told Fox News that she believes China knew about the coronavirus well before it claimed it did. She says her supervisors also ignored research she was doing that she believes could have saved lives.

EXCLUSIVE: Hong Kong scientist Dr. Li-Meng Yan was stepping into uncharted territory.

Hours before she boarded an April 28 Cathay Pacific flight to the United States, the respected doctor who specialized in virology and immunology at the Hong Kong School of Public Health had plotted her escape, packing her bag and sneaking past the censors and video cameras on campus.

She had her passport and her purse and was about to leave all of her loved ones behind. If she was caught, she knew she could be thrown in jail -- or, worse, rendered one of the "disappeared."

Yan told Fox News in an exclusive interview that she believes the Chinese government knew about the novel coronavirus well before it claimed it did. She says her supervisors, renowned as some of the top experts in the field, also ignored research she was doing at the onset of the pandemic that she believes could have saved lives.

She adds that they likely had an obligation to tell the world, given their status as a World Health Organization reference laboratory specializing in influenza viruses and pandemics, especially as the virus began spreading in the early days of 2020.

Yan, now in hiding, claims the government in the country where she was born is trying to shred her reputation and accuses government goons of choreographing a cyber-attack against her in hopes of keeping her quiet.

Yan believes her life is in danger. She fears she can never go back to her home and lives with the hard truth that she’ll likely never see her friends or family there again.

Still, she says, the risk is worth it.

"The reason I came to the U.S. is because I deliver the message of the truth of COVID," she told Fox News from an undisclosed location.

She added that if she tried to tell her story in China, she "will be disappeared and killed."

<snip>

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chines...-whistleblower

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:04   #1178
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

The Wuhan Virus:

Well the "VIRUS" is here, there , and everywhere until herd immunity or a viable vaccine is developed and distributed to the world for injecting the population. THIS WAS A PREEMPTIVE STRIKE BY THE CCP. Now we now who & where the "Bad Guys" are & it's time to stop the BS Lying about what happened. WE ARE AT WAR. The Third Column in the U S A must be delt with first, The New World Order & The Deep State Swamp Dwellers around the DC Beltway and ALL THE DNC MEMBERS worldwide. The Grass Roots Right need to PURGE the enemies of the U S A and we need to do it NOW.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:44   #1179
Airbornelawyer

More on the subject of non-Covid deaths:

https://www.studyfinds.org/u-s-death...d-by-covid-19/

Quote:
“A third possibility, the one we’re quite concerned about, is indirect mortality — deaths caused by the response to the pandemic,” explains Woolf, the director emeritus of VCU’s Center on Society and Health. “People who never had the virus may have died from other causes because of the spillover effects of the pandemic, such as delayed medical care, economic hardship or emotional distress.”
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:11   #1180
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
More on the subject of non-Covid deaths:

https://www.studyfinds.org/u-s-death...d-by-covid-19/
Well, DUH!

A million children worldwide may starve to death because food chains are broken.

Old 07-13-2020, 15:30   #1181
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

This information raises some questions.
I'm not educated enough to answer them.

One question I'd like answered:
Why is this information being ignored?

https://adamaltmejd.se/covid/
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:56   #1182
Airbornelawyer

What exactly is the information you are questioning? It looks like a straightforward illustration of Farr's Law. The epidemic in Sweden essentially has come and gone. People may still be getting infected, as with any flu, but those most vulnerable have essentially already died.

I wish I could find a chart like this for the US as a whole or any state, but I can't. The CDC seemingly no longer reports the weekly deaths from all causes with year-over-year comparisons. Anyway, here is one for France comparing daily deaths in 2018, 2019 and 2020 from 1 March to 15 June. It shows the spike as the epidemic swept through the country, peaking at the end of March. It also shows that since the end of April, deaths are back to normal. Indeed, in some parts of France deaths are below normal, which supports the notion that Covid-19 brought forward many deaths, killing people in March and April who likely would have died in May or June or later this year from their other co-morbidities.

France was hit before the US, so it is further along the epidemic curve. I suspect if we could get reliable data from the US states hit first, notably New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, we might see a similar pattern. There is a chart here for New Jersey from 2015-2020, but is only through May 2020.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nombre de décès par jour.jpg (55.3 KB, 18 views)
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:10   #1183
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
I wish I could find a chart like this for the US as a whole or any state, but I can't.
That's kind of the direction of my question.

What is wrong with showing information of this sort for the US?
Why not compare it with other nations which tried different responses?
Why not compare the information from various states which tried different responses?
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 13:56   #1184
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
I can not verify this site.
Has anyone gotten wind of the Israelies work?

Quote:
Israel announces antibody that neutralizes coronavirus, even amongst infected. By Yucatan Times on July 10, 2020

JERUSALEM (Israel Institute for Biological Research) – Israel announces an antibody that neutralizes coronavirus, even amongst the infected.
The Israel Institute for Biological Research (IIBR) and the Israeli Ministry of Defense announced that the development phase of an antibody that would be effective in neutralizing SARS-Cov-2, known as the coronavirus, has been completed.

Through its Twitter account, the Israeli Ministry of Defense confirmed the development of what could become the first antidote to covid-19.

link:

Quote:
The Yucatan Times - Overview, News & Competitors
www.zoominfo.com

The-Yucatan-Times

Currently, The Yucatan Times is an online newspaper that targets the English-speaking community in the Yucatan Peninsula, the rest of Mexico, as well as ...

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 14:23   #1185
tonyz
Area Commander

JJ, the docs will have better insight than I - in the meantime here is a link to the institute and their press releases.

The Israel Institute for Biological research (IIBR)

https://iibr.gov.il/NewsRoom/Pages/news.aspx

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote