Old 07-08-2020, 08:18   #1141
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
I wish more of us would use that vacuum cleaner once in awhile. They are truly despicable people we have in office. And "we the people" need to get off our damn asses and burnout our vacuums...
I suspect most people do not track even what their locals have done between election cycles and don't get spun up until within 6 months of a general election. How many folks, out of whatever sample size you like, attend local councils or review minutes from them to determine what those critters have been up to? And then when the tick goes door to door to ask for another vote, confront them about what they've done (or haven't done) for the last 23 months or whatever?

Local accountability; it's what's for dinner.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:21   #1142
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
I suspect most people do not track even what their locals have done between election cycles and don't get spun up until within 6 months of a general election. How many folks, out of whatever sample size you like, attend local councils or review minutes from them to determine what those critters have been up to? And then when the tick goes door to door to ask for another vote, confront them about what they've done (or haven't done) for the last 23 months or whatever?

Local accountability; it's what's for dinner.
Exactly, people tend to vote the same incompetent idiots into office all the time. Reap what you sow....Plus, they never look at their voting records and we all know Politicians lie to get into that cushy spot. Promise everything, but later they sit in their own shit heap and rub their chubby little hands together in glee. Meanwhile this Country is going to hell with The Masters Of Mayhem at the helm. The Bahamas look better every damn day....F'It....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 14:32   #1143
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
The Bahamas look better every damn day....F'It....
Your timing cracks me up. I was just wonderin' if the Conch Republic has declared war again yet.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:27   #1144
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Your timing cracks me up. I was just wonderin' if the Conch Republic has declared war again yet.

Hahahaha....with all this crazy shit going on, you never know when "The Conch Republic" will rise up and give the one finger salute to everyone....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 07-09-2020, 07:14   #1145
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I wish more of us would use that vacuum cleaner once in awhile. They are truly despicable people we have in office. And "we the people" need to get off our damn asses and burnout our vacuums...

Rita, it is far too late to look at the vacuum cleaner as a single use item. Just getting the dirt off the welcome-mat does nothing to remove the bum that has camped out next to it.
You've got to unplug the vacuum cleaner and use the cord to put whelps on his back until he learns to stop sleeping on your porch.

A little dirt is easy to handle - it's the dirty smelly bum that has made a habit of blocking your front door that needs to be dealt with.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:06   #1146
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Rita, it is far too late to look at the vacuum cleaner as a single use item. Just getting the dirt off the welcome-mat does nothing to remove the bum that has camped out next to it.
You've got to unplug the vacuum cleaner and use the cord to put whelps on his back until he learns to stop sleeping on your porch.

A little dirt is easy to handle - it's the dirty smelly bum that has made a habit of blocking your front door that needs to be dealt with.
Lol...You're making it way too hard for me to clean up the "really dingy grime". A "dirty smelly putrid bum" well that'll take a little more effort.....just give me a big shovel.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 07-09-2020, 09:28   #1147
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

The CHINESE WUHAN VIRUS:

has anyone thought about "Chinese" collusion with the deep state actors like DNC, The Perkins Coie Law Firm , MSM, The Communist Party of America. The situation in the USA is more than critical. The DNC has brain dead Joe as their "presumptive" candidate for POTUS, Look into his eyes, listen to him talk, He is DOA & everybody knows it including the MSM that is pretending that all is OK. He can't tie his shoes let alone make basic decisions. I don't think he will choose a VP running mate, that decision is being made by the power brokers in the DNC & Wash. DC beltway.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:54   #1148
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
has anyone thought about "Chinese" collusion with the deep state actors like DNC
I have never NOT thought about that.
I went down the conspiratorial path of communist party collusion with elected US democrats waay back in the 90's when the clinT0n synDicaTe first took power......

It wont be long before we have reached the undeniable "I told you so" moment.
I mean, it will be way too late by then, and anyone who actually SAYS the words, "I told you so" will be cast into the lake of fire by the democrats running the politburo - but just knowing you were right isn't going to be enough to keep you warm at night.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:23   #1149
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I told you so.

I’ve been telling people since 1993 that the government is selling our institutional knowledge, technology and security to the Chinese and some European and Soviet nations for power and profits.

Where I went wrong was it started in 1989 (or as early as 1963) and kept going straight through until 2017, and the Democratic Party and globalist RINOs (Bush family) would like to see it return to the status quo.

I hope history is corrected some day to show how globalist ambition and false claims of climate and social changes destroyed the population long before the world was actually stressed from environmental reasons or social constructs.

COVID-19 is only a symptom of globalization without the safety net of country specific sovereignty and physical barriers to protect its citizens.

Note: I’m not anti globalization for economic co-benefit, security and immigration. I am against selling our national identity and security for profit or control of one party over another or where harm to intellectual rights and property are suspended for greed and power.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 21:59   #1150
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

So, on the advice of a friend who has had Covid-19 and survived after three different hospitalizations over a few weeks period. He recommended I buy a Pulse Oximeter to monitor my O2 saturation levels as they are a first indicator of failing respiratory function.

Today one of two popular leading brands on Amazon showed up. I bought two because I wanted to: a) compare them. b) have one for the road and one at home for the wife to share.

Pretty basic, battery operated, one cost $29 before tax the other $35. (The cheaper one showed up today)

On start up my SpO2 was 98% falling to 96% over a minute of regular breathing and pulse around 67bpm. Tried to increase volume but watched my saturation level go down to 95% and my PR raise to 74 so I stopped and went back to chores I was working on. Second test came it at 98% and stayed there with a PR of 74bpm.

My greatest concern is what’s happening to me at work where I have to wear a mask the whole time and function in an environment with already decreased O2. I get tired and sleepy more often now and think it’s rebreathing CO2 trapped in the mask. Now I will be able to monitor my O2 levels and also develop norms over time and activity so that if there is a decreasing level before other symptoms may occur I’ll be able to have a better idea what’s going on.

My friend (who is Dutch) is about my age and fairly healthy practicing Martial arts and other fitness routines but was left feeling pretty hopeless and disoriented during his recurring episodes of hypoxia. The Dutch (Amsterdam) hospital treated him with O2 and supportive therapy but no ventilation or anti-viral drugs that I’m aware of. He does mention being given an expectorant to break up the mucus in his lungs. It would seem that in Europe you either survive on your own or die. The medical system will send you home with O2 bottles and masks but not give you instructions if the regulator fails to connect to the new bottle when changing.

Anyway, I will give a brief comparison when I get the second unit and also see if they give different reading at the same time.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 07-09-2020, 22:20   #1151
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post

He recommended I buy a Pulse Oximeter to monitor my O2 saturation levels

Pretty basic, battery operated, one cost $29
I may have the same one ( zacurate). Will be interested in whether you think the more expensive model performs better.

LHC

Last edited by Last hard class; 07-09-2020 at 22:28.
Last hard class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 22:45   #1152
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last hard class View Post
I may have the same one ( zacurate). Will be interested in whether you think the more expensive model performs better.

LHC
Pro500 yep that’s the one. Amazon Pick. Will let you know if any differences are noted.

ETA: stick this in here too for others contemplating using a Pulse/Ox meter.

https://www.health.state.mn.us/disea...seoximetry.pdf

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 07-09-2020 at 22:57.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:28   #1153
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

I told you so.

Here's my prediction. Biden will beat Trump because Trump has failed to see he has become as divisive as HRC. Biden will have a running mate picked out for him by the RNC that will "finish" his term when he is deemed not mentally capable of completing it. That VP, will take the following election as well.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:56   #1154
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I’m going to make a bold prediction here.

Masks are not protecting us; they are likely leading to the spread of the virus through both ineffective filtering (both directions); that it causes us to touch our faces 100% more times than we otherwise do in a day; and lastly people don’t know how to wear whatever it is they have causing over confidence - leading to lack of other protective measures like hand washing or sanitizer.

I believe this so much so that it’s one of the reasons the virus is spreading faster now than it did before. It’s spreading through Japan like wildfire and they are “experts” at wearing masks.

A cloth mask, bandanna, neck gator, or even a medical grade surgical mask does not stop a virus that is smaller than .125 microns.

We are being had, the whole world is being had.

As always JMHO - YM(ask)MD

Old 07-10-2020, 11:16   #1155
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post

My greatest concern is what’s happening to me at work where I have to wear a mask the whole time and function in an environment with already decreased O2. I get tired and sleepy more often now and think it’s rebreathing CO2 trapped in the mask. Now I will be able to monitor my O2 levels and also develop norms over time and activity so that if there is a decreasing level before other symptoms may occur I’ll be able to have a better idea what’s going on.
Wearing Mask-A Sledgehammer to Health

Quote:
Under the mask, O2 readings drop from a regular 21 to an unhealthy 17.5, ringing the alarm of the official OSHA devices that measure such things.

The usual amount of CO2 in the air is approximately 400 ppm, when measured around the nose of mouth would be higher. But wear a mask and concentrations shoot up to 5,000. This is not healthy! Carbon dioxide in the air we breathe usually is at 0.0390 percent. When we breathe out, it is 4.0 percent. It is not the concentration we want to be breathing in.
Is there a simple device like the pulse oximeter to measure CO2 levels in your blood?
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote