Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 06-28-2004, 07:45   #16
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Flashback to the movie "Family Business".

Media: "Oh my God, what happened to Mr. Moore?"

Soldiers, in unison: "He slipped and fell!"

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:58   #17
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

From within Fayetteville or Ft. Bragg, someone should make an honest effort to invite Mr. Moore to come and visit. My friend Lars Larson (radio guy) has Michael Moore's publicists contact information. Can you imagine how Michael Moore would look turning down the offer? That would be news too.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 14:39   #18
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by rubberneck
I really don't know if it sold out in Fort Bragg or other military towns but it wouldn't suprise me if Moore rented out small theaters in those areas just to say they sold out in military towns. Nothing that fat slob does could suprise me any more.
It was reported here on a local radio program (ABC affiliate) that is exactly what happened. One theater IIRC had only 128 seats.
Old 06-28-2004, 14:46   #19
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

Spiderman 2 comes out on Wednesday

I think that will be the end of Mr. Moore's reign on the box office charts

Last edited by DunbarFC; 06-29-2004 at 14:17.
DunbarFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 14:52   #20
Gypsy
Area Commander

Spidey senses tingling? I just might have to go!
Old 06-28-2004, 14:53   #21
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

Don't super heroes always show up when we need them ?

Last edited by DunbarFC; 06-29-2004 at 14:18.
DunbarFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 14:56   #22
Gypsy
Area Commander

LOL definitely...but mine wear cammo.
Old 06-28-2004, 16:35   #23
Airbornelawyer

Quote:
Originally posted by rubberneck
I really don't know if it sold out in Fort Bragg or other military towns but it wouldn't suprise me if Moore rented out small theaters in those areas just to say they sold out in military towns. Nothing that fat slob does could suprise me any more.
It is at the Cameo Art House Theatre, on Hay Street downtown. Their number is 910-486-6633.

It's not playing at the Market Fair 15 on Skibo, the Wynnsong 7 or the Carmike 12 at the Westwood Shopping Center on Morganton Road.

It is also not playing at the Carmike 15 on the north side of Columbus, the Carmike Wynnsong 10 off 8th Division Road (when the hell was that built?), the Columbus Square 8, the Peachtree 8 at the Mall. Fandango.com doesn't list the theater by Al Who's or the one on Main Post, but somehow I doubt it's there either. Is there an art house theater downtown?

It's also not at the Regal Salmon Run Mall 8 in Watertown.

Just doing some more random searches, it is playing in one theater in Norfolk and one in Virginia Beach, though I note in both theaters it has 4 or 5 showtimes while White Chicks and Dodgeball each have 10.

By contrast, in Georgetown, it has 16 showtimes while White Chicks only has 5. And in Greenwich Village, the Loews Village VII has it on 3 or 4 out of 7 screens. There's an artsy theater about three blocks from me, across from Lincoln Center, here on the politically correct Upper West Side, where it's also playing on 3 out of 6 screens.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 18:40   #24
ghuinness

Moore's comments about Americans .

The last paragraph:

"...
As for the terrorists currently killing American soldiers in Iraq, Moore compares them to Revolutionary war heroes who fought off British oppression:

''The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not 'insurgents' or 'terrorists' or 'The Enemy.' They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win.'' .....

Freedom of Speech? I think he has crossed the line to Treason.
Old 06-28-2004, 19:04   #25
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Re: Re: Michael Moore Claims Fahrenheit 9/11 Big at Bragg

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
Open Letter to Mr. Moore:

Sir:

You are correct, your latest "documentary", Farenheit 9/11 is a tremendous hit on Ft. Bragg, in fact, I am the Prresident of your local fan club.

Your many fans here invite you to come down for a showing of your "movie", perhaps in the SGT York Theater, after which we would love to meet you and discuss politics, moviemaking, and physical training at the GB Club.

Lest you think our tastes are too plebian for you, there is a Krispy Kreme here and you look ike the sort of "man" who would appreciate a fine doughnut and the opportunity to meet the working man.

In fact, you are so revered here in Fayetteville, perhaps we could arrange additional opportunities to meet your other fan clubs at the SF Association, the American Legion Lodge, and the VFW. Even the local NRA members want to meet you, they want you to come to the range with them.

Please let me know soonest if you can make it, the Sports USA on post is trying to get Jane Fonda to come at the same time to discuss the finer points of AA gunnery and prisoner abuse.
Outstanding! LMAOROTF!
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 19:06   #26
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Michael Moore Claims Fahrenheit 9/11 Big at Bragg

Any one think Ernie could make a charge that would vaporize his lard ass??

BMT
Jr. FOG
Old 06-28-2004, 21:34   #27
Bill Harsey

Someone should videotape a group of guys and gals, who work in Ft. Bragg, viewing his film. Then send a copy to him. Then you can go get Ernie.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:51   #28
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- At 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, the curtain went up on Sony Pictures' "Spider-Man 2," one of the summer's most anticipated films, which immediately rang up as much as $5 million at midnight screenings. That figure should put it on track for a potentially record-setting first-day gross in the $30 million-$35 million range

Good bye Mr Moore
Old 07-01-2004, 10:02   #29
Bill Harsey

Quote:
Originally posted by DunbarFC
Good bye Mr Moore
I predict, not yet. He's too useful a tool for the anti President Bush media. They love what this loose cannon is doing and they will keep him afloat as long as possible.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:13   #30
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
I predict, not yet. He's too useful a tool for the anti President Bush media. They love what this loose cannon is doing and they will keep him afloat as long as possible.
I meant as far as his movie goes. With the summer movie season now in full swing, I think you'll see his film in less and less places

The numbers were big for the first weekend but that was for all the zealots who wanted to see it right away. They also paid the full adult price. Spidey no doubt reached those numbers with a lot of kids priced tickets.

Theaters won't want to save space for Moore's dreck when they could add more showings of Spider-man and the myraid of other summer blockbusters that are on the way

Moore of course will release this on DVD right before the election to get his name in the headlines again, but as a movie, I see this one fading away fast given the blockbusters that are on the way.