Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > General Medical

Old 06-08-2020, 15:50   #16
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
You are getting new lenses...think of a M&N candy....the hard shell is your lens now...they remove the chocolate and replace it with a lens with little wings that hold it in place.....I have 20/20 vision but that depends upon the Guy working up the lens make up.
The only after effect is a haloing during nite driving...and your nite vision will not be as acute...obviously that lens can't adapt as your normal one can....I'm good with it tho and you can adapt to it.
Roger that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Good luck Gypsy! XO had repair of a macular hole. Piece of cake amd she has zero pain tolerance too. Best wishes for a fast recovery.
Yowsa! Glad she is good, thanks for the wishes!
Old 06-09-2020, 04:45   #17
fred111
Quiet Professional

I had both eyes done a few years ago. Medicare will pay for "normal" lenses. Corrective lenses, which I got, cost a little extra. The lenses corrected nearsightedness and astigmatism. My surgeon also did a "laser tune-up" at the same time. My sight is 20/20. No "haloing" at night and no problems at all.

I recommend you look at all the options available. Once the new lenses are in, it is much more difficult to take them out and change them.

Good luck.
fred111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 14:26   #18
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred111 View Post
I had both eyes done a few years ago. Medicare will pay for "normal" lenses. Corrective lenses, which I got, cost a little extra. The lenses corrected nearsightedness and astigmatism. My surgeon also did a "laser tune-up" at the same time. My sight is 20/20. No "haloing" at night and no problems at all.

I recommend you look at all the options available. Once the new lenses are in, it is much more difficult to take them out and change them.

Good luck.
I have been experiencing the haloing...thanks for the advice!
Old 06-10-2020, 08:58   #19
mark46th
Quiet Professional

I had an astigmatism, too. the lenses corrected it. My doctor said he used to put one lens in for distance, one for close up but no one could pass the DMV eye test with both eyes! So, both are for distance but I can read with no problem.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:39   #20
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
I had an astigmatism, too. the lenses corrected it. My doctor said he used to put one lens in for distance, one for close up but no one could pass the DMV eye test with both eyes!
That's a funny story. Given the circumstances under which I shoot with both eyes open that would've gotten interesting, maybe.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 15:17   #21
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
I had an astigmatism, too. the lenses corrected it. My doctor said he used to put one lens in for distance, one for close up but no one could pass the DMV eye test with both eyes! So, both are for distance but I can read with no problem.
Met with the surgeon today for a pre-exam. I am definitely more at ease with everything.

Evidently my astigmatism isn't really all that bad so he will use lenses to correct vision for distance and if I need to i can use cheaters to read. I'm good with that plan especially from a financial copay perspective,

Waiting for the scheduler to call to set me up, game plan is the week of 29 June.
Old 06-10-2020, 16:45   #22
tonyz
Area Commander

Hoping that this procedure goes smoothly for you and that you experience minimal anxiety, no pain and no post procedure issues.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 16:10   #23
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Hoping that this procedure goes smoothly for you and that you experience minimal anxiety, no pain and no post procedure issues.
Thanks! They told me I'll get drugs...it will all be good!
Old 06-23-2020, 02:54   #24
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

I have just had both eyes done. Very little discomfort and the results were OK, not brilliant, however my surgery was done before bigger problems arose.
After the job was done, the optometrist found a macular problem, and said I should get it fixed before I had spectacles made. Went back to the eye clinic and the original Doc said it was a common problem easily solved with an injection into the eye.
This was one of the most painful things I have ever experienced and it made black floaters in the vision of that eye that have not gone away, despite the Doc saying they will after a few days. It is now months later.
Good luck.
Guymullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:46   #25
bblhead672
Area Commander

I had both eyes done a few years ago by a doctor in Illinois. The procedure itself wasn't too bad.

Unfortunately, my doctor did a poor job removing all of the lens affected by cataracts, resulting in still having "corona" around lights at night.

Overall sight improved, except at night.

Hope your procedure goes well.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 15:52   #26
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guymullins View Post
I have just had both eyes done. Very little discomfort and the results were OK, not brilliant, however my surgery was done before bigger problems arose.
After the job was done, the optometrist found a macular problem, and said I should get it fixed before I had spectacles made. Went back to the eye clinic and the original Doc said it was a common problem easily solved with an injection into the eye.
This was one of the most painful things I have ever experienced and it made black floaters in the vision of that eye that have not gone away, despite the Doc saying they will after a few days. It is now months later.
Good luck.
Oh my goodness I wonder if you should see another eye doctor? I do hope it will improve.

bblhead672 I am scheduled at the Wheaton Eye Clinic, one of the best. It's a tad more expensive (about 3300.00 out of pocket for both eyes due to a high deductible ) but...it's my eyes.

That said I have been working a reduced work schedule for 3 months with at least another month in sight unfortunately so I may have to push the procedure until after the first of the year. Doesn't make me happy but it is what it is for now.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:36   #27
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guymullins View Post
Good luck.
Guy this is NOT normal! Report this to a different ophthalmologist and report results back here ASAP!!
Old 06-27-2020, 15:54   #28
Gypsy
Area Commander

Well decided to dip into some funds and get this done, I'm tired of blurry vision and not being able to read clearly.

Left eye will be done 6/29 and right eye on 7/14.

Will report in with my experience.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:14   #29
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
Well decided to dip into some funds and get this done, I'm tired of blurry vision and not being able to read clearly.

All the best. You should sail through this.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:49   #30
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post

I'll certainly be praying for "excellent" results!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote