Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Middle East

Old 01-21-2018, 05:55   #1
Pete
Quiet Professional

BREAKING: Turkey INVADES Syria – tanks and soldiers cross the border

BREAKING: Turkey INVADES Syria – tanks and soldiers cross the border

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wor...-united-states

"Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim reportedly said they are targeting US-backed Kurdish fighters.

Shocking pictures show dozens of tanks and armoured vehicles crossing over the border in a terrifying display of military might...."

and

"...But the Syrian-Kurdish YPG militia has denied there is a full-scale invasion underway, claiming forces clashed in Afrin but Turkish soldiers were beaten back.

YPG official, Nouri Mahmoudi, said "all the Turkish military's ground attacks against Afrin have been repelled so far and they have been forced to retreat."..."

Doesn't seem to be much news interest in this - yet.

Reporter seems a little excited in this story.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:49   #2
Box
Quiet Professional

Interesting that they are specifically going to Syria to attack US-backed fighters...
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:50   #3
Mustang Man
Guerrilla

Quote:
Interesting that they are specifically going to Syria to attack*US-backed*fighters...
Turkey's #1 foreign policy is to stop the formation of a Kurdish state, Afrin province borders Turkey. Turks could care less who they're backed by. Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Isreal, and the U.S. are still united fighting for the same basic objective.

BMT
Mustang Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:58   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post
Turkey's #1 foreign policy is to stop the formation of a Kurdish state, Afrin province borders Turkey. Turks could care less who they're backed by. Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Isreal, and the U.S. are still united fighting for the same basic objective.
sunnis vs. shia

Nothing new here. Only been going on for thousands of years and will continue for thousands more.

Just pray they continue to fight each other............
Old 01-21-2018, 12:36   #5
rubberneck
Area Commander

With all the anti tank guided missiles we’ve shipped over there I suspect a lot of those tanks will become fiery Turkish coffins.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 14:33   #6
Mustang Man
Guerrilla

Quote:
And yet their fighting has only exacerbated unprecedented Muslim migration/invasion to the West. These large migrations were not happening when the Middle East was more stable. You're a treasure trove of knowledge Team Seargent and normally agree with you but not on this. I'll pray for a stable region so they can stop migrating/invading the West. The only actor that benefits from a destabilized Middle East is Isreal.

Quote:
Wonder what and if we will do anything. Iraq and Turkey let the Kurd get rid if ISIS and after they did that and were weakened they took them out.
Turkey's been playing a double game this entire time. From the very beggining of the Syrian conflcit, Turkey was hoping ISIS would get rid of the Kurds for them. That changed once Russia invaded Syria in September 2015, that is when and large reason ISIS has dwindled. Next thing you know, Erdogan shoots down a Russian jet two months later in November. The Turks were never truly supporting the "fight" against ISIS, just a dog and pony show. There are Kurdish accounts of the Turkish government supporting ISIS. ISIS was the best thing to happen to Turkey, they had a force to weaken out the Kurds for them. like I said Turkey's #1 foreign policy has always been to prevent a Kurdish state.

Turkey invading Syria was a likely agreement reached between Turkey and Russia. Russia gets a stabilized Syria and Turkey can rid the Kurds further.

Quote:
Smart strategy but should we allow it? they have been good allies in the area the only real one other than Israel.
Kurds = U.S. Covert Action tool

To paraphrase Henry Kissinger "Don't confuse Covert Action for missionary work."

BMT
Mustang Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 15:54   #7
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
sunnis vs. shia

Nothing new here. Only been going on for thousands of years and will continue for thousands more.

My concern is that unlike the Soviet/China communist alliance split and Nixon’s related visit to China, we’re not going to see the same implosion of failed ideology with Islam.

I think it’s doomed to failure, but I don’t see adherents seeing the truth as they did with communism(although even that may be premature with western leftists wanting to recycle the same toxin in a new app).
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:59   #8
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
My concern is that unlike the Soviet/China communist alliance split and Nixon’s related visit to China, we’re not going to see the same implosion of failed ideology with Islam.

I think it’s doomed to failure, but I don’t see adherents seeing the truth as they did with communism(although even that may be premature with western leftists wanting to recycle the same toxin in a new app).
It's going to take millions more raped, murdered and tortured before the world views islam not as a "religion" but as a very evil ideology. Few hundred years ago we'd have viewed the pope and his minions the very same way, rape, murder and torture.

I'll be fishing.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:46   #9
Box
Quiet Professional

Rape, murder, and torture are not byproducts of Islam - they are the result 1900 years of violent oppression at the hands of the hedonistic western world and the trickery of the infidels of zion.

The great empire of Osman Gazi must rise again to make way for the rebirth of the Ottoman Caliphate!!! The abolition of the caliphate must be avenged and the streets must flow with the blood of the non-believers!!!!

We must praise the glorious work of the these faithful Turks and continue working to ensure that peace loving Muslims around the world are duly recognized for the positive and productive roles that they fill in our modern society and for their merciful treatment of the oppressed throughout our global community...

...blah blah blah, suffer and die you dirty infidels, blah blah blah
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:46   #10
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Congregation of Sisters of Bon Secours, murders 800 children, no one cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Rape, murder, and torture are not byproducts of Islam - they are the result 1900 years of violent oppression at the hands of the hedonistic western world and the trickery of the infidels of zion.
Some of the children of the irish town of Taum might agree with you, had they not been murdered by the Congregation of Sisters of Bon Secours.

Congregation of Sisters of Bon Secours, murders 800 children, no one cares
This is the wests “religion”, this is the catholic church at its best. Catholic irish nuns murdering 800 children between 1925-1960, covered up by the catholic church. No fucks given. And some of these serial murders are still out there alive and well.
Like I’ve said, islam is still playing rape, torture and murder, catchup to the catholic church.

Decades-old mass grave of children of unwed mothers confirmed in Ireland
By Fred Barbash March 4, 2017

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c1b291a658c4
Old 01-22-2018, 11:08   #11
Box
Quiet Professional

oh snap!
So, as soon as the Ottoman Empire crumbled, they went after unwed mothers !!!

These peaceful religions sure do seem to kill the fuck out of people!!!!

George Carlin used to say:
Do you believe in God?
No
...boom dead

Do you believe in God?
Yes
Do you believe in my God?
No
...boom dead
My God has a bigger dick than YOUR God

I agree with you - we'd all be better off going fishing !!!

Old 01-22-2018, 11:20   #12
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
oh snap!

I agree with you - we'd all be better off going fishing !!!
Yep....Couldn't agree more...I'll bring the Worms....... As long as we don't get hit by Lightening from Above....LOL....Oh, in that case, I will also bring the Beer.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote