Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Middle East

Old 07-30-2016, 22:55   #46
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
'cept I don't care.

I've come a full 360 thinking about Erdogan ruling with an iron hand and I endorse it.

This is the only way to keep these muslim idiots in check and a huge benefit, having only one person to hold responsible if his "countrymen" step out of line.

Mr. Erdogan, you have my full backing and let me know where to send you tanks, warplanes and all the killing tools you require.
If what I'm hearing is correct, his iron hand is wrapping around Incirlik right about now. So send the tanks and stuff there.
Old 07-31-2016, 13:36   #47
Sdiver
Area Commander

As Artie Johnson from Laugh-In used to say ... "Verryyyyy Interesting"

Quote:
Turkey: Erdogan Takes Charge Of Military

In his third presidential decree since the failed coup plot, Mr Erdogan seeks to extend his power over Turkey's armed forces.

Turkey's president Recep Tayyip Erdogan has introduced new powers bringing the military further under civilian authority.

The move comes after the failed coup of 15 July, which resulted in the arrests of more than 10,000 people, most of them from the country's armed forces.

Nearly 70,000 others were suspended or sacked from their jobs in media, health care, education, military and the judiciary.

Mr Erdogan's decree is the third issued during the three-month state of emergency declared following the event, which left more than 200 people dead.

It gives the prime minister and president the authority to issue direct orders to the commander of the army, air force and navy.

Military commands are brought under the authority of the defence ministry and military hospitals will come under the charge of the health ministry.

Military schools will be closed and a new defence university will be created to train officers.

The decree also announces the discharge of 1,389 military personnel, including Mr Erdogan's chief military adviser, the chief of general staff's charge d'affaires and the defence minister's chief secretary.

In an interview on Saturday on the private A Haber television, Mr Erdogan said he also wanted to put the country's MIT intelligence agency and the chief of general staff's headquarters under presidential control.

"If we can pass this small constitution package with (the opposition parties), then the chief of general staff and MIT will be tied to the president," he said.

The crackdown has caused concern among Turkey's western allies and has particularly strained its relationship with Germany.

Ankara has demanded the closure of schools in Germany that are affiliated with the movement of US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen, who Mr Erdogan accuses of instigating the attempted coup.

Turkey's leader is also demanding the extradition of Mr Gulen from his current home in Pennsylvania but the US has said the extradition process must be allowed to take its proper course.

http://news.sky.com/story/turkey-erd...itary-10518487
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 19:29   #48
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Ok I'm not up on Turkish politics, admittedly, but hasn't the military...and the coups...historically been centrist? The American muslim dude in PA who is accused of being behind it is a centrist who has been a proponent of free Press, democracy, etc. Now we see Christian persecution, a crackdown on free Press etc. In Turkey. Don't get me wrong, I don't care one bit about turkey, but isn't Erdogan an islamist?
Old 08-01-2016, 08:29   #49
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

"Erdoğan is a human rights activist"

I just want to tell the islamic idiots holding that sign: "Seriously dude, we all have internet access."

Huge Pro-Erdogan Islamist Rally In Germany
by LIAM DEACON31 Jul 2016

Around 50,000 supporters of Turkey’s Islamist president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan have rallied in Cologne, Germany to demand his authoritarian reign continues.

The Islamist crowd chanted “Allah hu Akbar!” and held signs reading, “Erdoğan is a human rights activist”, whilst opponents waved banners insisting “Stop the Erdomania!”

Members of the Turkish-nationalist, fascist-leaning “Grey Wolves” group were among the crowd that gathered on banks of the Rhine River with the city’s huge gothic cathedral in the background.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...rally-germany/
Old 08-01-2016, 19:22   #50
Patrin
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post

I just want to tell the islamic idiots holding that sign: "Seriously dude, we all have internet access."

Huge Pro-Erdogan Islamist Rally In Germany
by LIAM DEACON31 Jul 2016

Around 50,000 supporters of Turkey’s Islamist president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan have rallied in Cologne, Germany to demand his authoritarian reign continues.

The Islamist crowd chanted “Allah hu Akbar!” and held signs reading, “Erdoğan is a human rights activist”, whilst opponents waved banners insisting “Stop the Erdomania!”

Members of the Turkish-nationalist, fascist-leaning “Grey Wolves” group were among the crowd that gathered on banks of the Rhine River with the city’s huge gothic cathedral in the background.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...rally-germany/
50,000, ey? Recent arrivals I imagine.
Patrin is offline   Reply With Quote