Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 07-06-2017, 19:33   #1
stitches
Asset

need some info stat

first off, thanks for everybodies service and all that

looking forward to signing up and getting through the pipe line, but i have always really wanted to be the best of the best… of the best lol. so my question is, after going through all the phases, how long do I have to be on the A team before I can go to CAG (btw CAG is the real name for Delta force) is there a time limit I have to wait there before taking the next step?

I would like to get to get through halo school first so thats a couple of months, but how much longer after that? maybe I am putting the carrot in front of the horse but part of what makes me successful is being so driven, I’m pretty sure that’s what there looking for.

stitches over and out
stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 20:19   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitches View Post

looking forward to signing up and getting through the pipe line, but i have always really wanted to be the best of the best… of the best lol. so my question is, after going through all the phases, how long do I have to be on the A team before I can go to CAG (btw CAG is the real name for Delta force) is there a time limit I have to wait there before taking the next step?

I would like to get to get through halo school first so thats a couple of months, but how much longer after that? maybe I am putting the carrot in front of the horse but part of what makes me successful is being so driven, I’m pretty sure that’s what there looking for.

stitches over and out
You are kidding, right?

For someone who seems to think he is all that, you missed the instructions here about where to put your first post. Your attention to detail is also deficient.

You also seem to think that you have what we are looking for, and frankly, from what you have put in this post, I doubt that you will make it through Basic and AIT.

Apparently, you have a problem with doing a little reading before jumping in with both feet and are unable to follow simple instructions. That is not who the people that assess for the units you are asking about are looking for.

I recommend that you follow the instructions, and spend some time reading before asking silly questions again.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 21:38   #3
Astronomy
Quiet Professional

What you really need (stat) are remedial writing and grammar skills. Apparently, you got short-changed back in 6th Grade English Class.

This isn't twitter. Or some Call of Duty gamer forum. SF Soldiers are expected to be literate as well as detail oriented. So too are Delta personnel.

If you can't follow simple instructions, much less properly punctuate a sentence, your prospects for success with either endeavor are nearly non-existent.

Read more, post less.
Astronomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 22:53   #4
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

You've got to be shitting me.
Old 07-06-2017, 23:04   #5
stitches
Asset

haha alright gotta roll with the punches, no worries, that's how it is for the new guy lol

I feel ya about the grammer but here's the thing........ pretty sure you guys are too busy fragging isis to worry about adverbs, Roger? Let the REMF poges worry about paperwork while us men take care of business!!

recruiter i talked to said no problem about going to the selection, just have to sign up for the 5 year 11 bangbang hitch and then tell the drill at boot camp that i need to get to airborne and selection when I'm done there. So thats all good, just trying to get my ducks lined up and plan my career out aways.

see you down range,
stitches
stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 00:17   #6
Astronomy
Quiet Professional

In the world you think you want, people who try to impress by casually affecting unearned salty slang... get looked upon as punks and idiots.

Drop the Mr. Casual Act. We're not your fucking buddies and so far, you don't impress. You're not in the SF circle... much less the Army one. Don't presume to act like you are.

Your recruiter has already fed you a line of bullshit and you're not concerned enough to do some on-line research to verify just how that's so. You fell for the classic recruiting pitch. Rising from the bottom like a large mouthed bass striking a shiny lure.

If it isn't written in black & white in your enlistment contract, before you enlist... it does not exist. There are a couple ways to accession into the enlisted SF career path from the street. Perhaps if you wind your neck in, one of the good Senior SF NCOs in this thread may deign to fill you in. Otherwise, you'd probably benefit from more reading on this forum and use of the search function.

Look up 18X ("X-Ray") Program and Rep 63 National Guard SF.

If you're serious about Serving the Nation as a Soldier and future SOF NCO, knock out about 100 pushups (right now) for being a fucking smart ass and an idiot. I'm serious about you doing those. Then incorporate them into your daily routine. You'll thank me later.

Of course, you probably won't. Just like you won't make any effort to improve writing beyond Jr. High School level proficiency. Because you can't see the need for any of those things. Because you're too wrapped up in fantasy land imaginings to know when real people are giving you real advice. The kind you can take to the bank.

You aren't even in the Army yet. I predict you'll have an interesting time in Basic. And never attempt Selection. Or never even enlist. Prove me wrong.

If you've got serious questions, ask away and skip the chatter. If not, STFU.

Last edited by Astronomy; 07-07-2017 at 00:21.
Astronomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:43   #7
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Guys a troll. No one actually talks like that except in a Wayans Brothers comedy.

Ban him and move on.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:10   #8
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

The Troll-Fu is strong with this one.

He has upper middle management written all over him.

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:20   #9
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:

stitches over and out
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjefe View Post
Guys a troll. No one actually talks like that except in a Wayans Brothers comedy.

Ban him and move on.
Why would SF send you to all of those schools just you you can turn around and go to Delta? Oooops I'm sorry, CAG did you say, right?

i must be the only one here that don't know thatlol

It's not just the grammar that's off, it's the syntax and comments. Knows enough but not enough. Seems like he's trying to push buttons. Best of the best of the best.... come on, really? Carrot before the horse? It's CART BEFORE THE HORSE! I'm with Jefe on this one. We're getting trolled or this is a 14 y/o with too many Call of Duty fantasies swirling in his head. Either way, let him do it on SOCNET.

Son, this site is called "PROFESSIONAL SOLDIERS", its not Facebook. Men a thousand times better than you have tried to give you advice, keep that in mind as to what you post next. You've been counseled and instructed. Do with that as you may.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:22   #10
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
haha alright gotta roll with the punches, no worries, that's how it is for the new guy lol

I feel ya about the grammer but here's the thing........ pretty sure you guys are too busy fragging isis to worry about adverbs, Roger? Let the REMF poges worry about paperwork while us men take care of business!!

recruiter i talked to said no problem about going to the selection, just have to sign up for the 5 year 11 bangbang hitch and then tell the drill at boot camp that i need to get to airborne and selection when I'm done there. So thats all good, just trying to get my ducks lined up and plan my career out aways.

see you down range,
stitches
Actually, your recruiter sounds like he knows what he's talking about! Follow his sage advice. You'llbe at CAG in no time with your can do attitude, feel me?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:33   #11
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
I missed the party..
Bummer..

Are there any samishetes or maybe a beer left??

The things you miss when you got to bed early..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:57   #12
Pete
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
I missed the party..
Bummer..

Are there any samishetes or maybe a beer left??

The things you miss when you got to bed early..
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:11   #13
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

OK, you guys have given him the requisite "sage advice" and "shot across the bow". Honor has been satisfied; the range is now open. You may commence playing with your food.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:17   #14
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:

stitches over and out

Stitches,
Don't let these grouchy old bastards deter you. You are a young man with plenty to offer and most of these old guys haven't seen action since the Battle of Thermopylae.

They all mean well, they are just trying to recapture their youth - they live vicariously through guys like you and me - we've still got plenty of youth and energy, while most of these old dawgs rely on 'blue-pills' and 'vitamin-M' just to get through the day.

Dude… recruiters don’t tell you all of the story and these old geezers have been out so long that they don’t realize how much things have changed!!!
You don’t need a contract to get what you want – if you want to go to airborne school, you can do that shit from boot camp. Once you get past phase-3 of recruit training, just tell your DI’ that you need to fill out a DA-4187 to become a paratrooper – BAM – you’ll go to jump school from boot camp. (wait until you complete phase-3 or instead of filling out a 4187’ your DI will put you on KP duty for trying to jump the gun).

ALSO… don’t be a dumbass and fall for that “11 bang-bang” sales pitch. If you get hurt or something goes wrong, you are fucked – and you get nothing. Remember – you are going to talk to your Drill Instructor about going to airborne school and the SF Q-Course on your way to Delta. 11-bang-bang has SHIT for bonus money right now. You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting as a PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer (MOS 14E). Once you bank the bonus, you can drop your DA-4187 for selection; since SF is a shortage, you’ll get to keep the bonus money.

Think long range bruh’ – use that bonus money to buy a Glock and a ton of 9-mil ammo to train with. That will give you a head start for the high speed pistol shooting skills you will need when you make the move to Delta.

Lastly… you don’t have to be a Ranger or SF guy to find a job in Delta. Once you graduate from jump school, you can apply directly to Delta for whatever job you want…

Good Luck !!!
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:52   #15
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Billy, I think you made one mistake. The Army went with Sig Sauer P250 in Dark Earth. I think the Delta boys (aka CAG) will be issued the "Legion" series so he should pop for that and get started early.

JMHO

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote