Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 05-21-2022, 12:24   #1
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

The Navy has a problem

Sign of the times:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ract-rcna28516

Haven't seen anything regarding the Army. But I doubt this is an isolated issue.

"There is no crying in baseball"

LHC
Old 05-21-2022, 13:12   #2
bubba
Quiet Professional

Not to besmirch the (enter sarcastic tone) beloved US Army, but….

:Rant mode engage:

Could it be, just maybe, that the US Navy is still “enforcing” “standards” and the “woke-cunt-kids” can’t “handle” the FUCKING REALITY that COMBAT ISN’T FUN AND NEEDS DISCIPLINED KILLERS!?!?!?! I hope to hell the numbers of suicides, desertions, and over-all quitters continues to RISE and helps weed-out the otherwise incapable of KILLING the ENEMIES of our Country or those too weak minded to serve!

:Rant Off

But I’m just an old retired ass hole…. Where’s Box on this one?
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 17:04   #3
cbtengr
Area Commander

A lot of lame excuses in that article. At 17 or older one should be more than aware as to what that contract you signed and oath of enlistment you took entails. I guess I too am an asshole as I would turn the clock back on all the services at least 50 years. I worked out of a recruiting office in NJ back in 75 and was told to never mention the fact that people die in the military it might scare potential recruits, I thought that fact was a given.
Old 05-21-2022, 17:21   #4
Sohei
Area Commander

Unfortunately, our nation is permeated with soft people - both physically and mentally. Everyone wants to tend to blame someone for their own decisions - especially those made by not critically thinking about something before making those decisions. Truly sad sign of the times.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 18:22   #5
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
“We make generals today on the basis of their ability to write a damned letter. Those kinds of men can’t get us ready for war.”
-Lewis Burwell Puller
We've had flag officers writing a LOT of letters about LOT of shit for a LOT of years now...
...when was the last time anyone here made it through some random 'special interest group appreciation month' without seeing some mindless bullshit "tri-signed" letter pretending to motivate the troops and show their appreciation for whatever it is we do?

Why - why why why why why - do people continue to act bewildered at these problems?

Men join the Navy to sail the high seas - to find a girl in every port - to live the life of a swashbuckling rogue that fears no man nor beast - they join because they want to cuss like sailors for fuck sake!!!

...but they can't do that shit anymore. They need to get signed off on sensitivity training. They need to be told that it's okay for Lily Tucker-Pritchett to have two daddies. They need to make sure that Dan from Chicago has plenty of time to gather his thoughts after transitioning to Danielle from the Metropolitan Region of Cook County - all the while pretending that nothing feels out of order.

They joined to make the world America - only to find out that their career can be destroyed over an errant social media post or an overheard opinion about the farcical leadership they are being subjected to.

so - here is a little bit of food for thought - everyone can "miss me" with that bullshit about "giving up your free speech" when you join the service...
-BULL
-FUCKING
-SHIT
...no you do NOT. You swear an oath to God to DEFEND that shit to the death if need be. I never swore an oath, never signed a contract, and never entered into a verbal agreement that required me to "waive" my first amendment rights.

You either swore an oath to obey the orders of the president and the officers appointed above you - or you swore an oath to FAITHFULLY discharge the duties of your office.
...both of those nuanced declarations DEMAND that you retain your freedom of speech in order to fulfill your sworn oath.

NO Sir, I will NOT set the town of My Lai on fire.
NO Sir, I will NOT hide dead bodies in a shallow grave outside of our firebase.
NO sir, I'll NOT conspire with a host nation person to commit a sexual assault against another American because I'm afraid my illegal fraudulent activities might be uncovered

...something along those lines

On the other hand, when you have "leaders" that suppress your dignity and call for the suspension of your integrity in favor of 'pretending' that aberrant social behavior is not just tolerated but celebrated...
...well, let's cut to the point - look at the shitty cultural management of the military we have seen over the last ten years and ask ourselves: why is anyone surprised that this shit is getting worse even though we are becoming "more diverse" and "more inclusive"

...anyone?
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 05-21-2022 at 18:25.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 21:23   #6
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
Not to besmirch the (enter sarcastic tone) beloved US Army, but….

:Rant mode engage:

Could it be, just maybe, that the US Navy is still “enforcing” “standards” and the “woke-cunt-kids” can’t “handle” the FUCKING REALITY that COMBAT ISN’T FUN AND NEEDS DISCIPLINED KILLERS!?!?!?! I hope to hell the numbers of suicides, desertions, and over-all quitters continues to RISE and helps weed-out the otherwise incapable of KILLING the ENEMIES of our Country or those too weak minded to serve!
I can't sleep because of constructions on the ship "tears"

First thing I though of is sleeping in the rain getting soaked and not giving a shit. no trouble sleeping when you have not had any for 48 hours.

I agree with above post... fuck'em more chow for the ones that stay and do their duty.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:30   #7
Swoop
Quiet Professional

In or Out

We have an all volunteer military. They volunteer to serve so let the ones that can’t make it or refuse to honor their contract and do their duty volunteer out…only thing is; if you quit (volunteer out) , you get to pay back any or all of that bonus swag you accepted. JMOO

DOL
Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote