Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Gourmet Guerrilla

Old 01-30-2012, 14:54   #16
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII

Last edited by greenberetTFS; 02-02-2012 at 14:57.
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 13:21   #17
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
Federal and state liquour laws are undecipherable! There is a bill before Congress that will ban small wineries from shipping wines to wine club members - brought forward by large liquor distributors. Our country is becoming, to quote Woody Allen, "a mockery of a sham"...
Yup. The liquor lobby has a stranglehold on Congress and many state legislatures. Here in CO you can only get 3.2 beer at the supermarket or convenience store. No wine or hard liquor.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 15:54   #18
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Bob View Post
Yup. The liquor lobby has a stranglehold on Congress and many state legislatures. Here in CO you can only get 3.2 beer at the supermarket or convenience store. No wine or hard liquor.
In PA, you can only purchase wine/liquor from "State Stores" and beer from distributors or specific six-pack shops. No beer aisle in Walmart or the gas station. Now living out of state, I still get confused when I go to the supermarket and see alcohol for sale, having lived in PA for most of my life.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
Masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:31   #19
Badger52
Area Commander

A wonderful specimen to celebrate a great thing!

As to the morass of laws permitting, or not, the shipment of liquor between free men...

almost sounds like something that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives would do. I'll bet they could find a way to collect a $200 "tax" stamp if they really wanted to - then again, there's always invocation of "interstate commerce" which is their other default excuse.

Sick situation, enabled by cowards.
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote