Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18A

Old 08-04-2008, 09:30   #1
CIHuntR1
Asset

Operationalizing Intel

Perhaps this will be of interest to 18A/Fs re. Operationalizing Intel. We wrote it with you as primary folks in mind.

V/r.

Scott

http://www.soc.mil/swcs/swmag/Articles_Page4Cont.htm
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Operationalizing_Intel.pdf (477.7 KB, 127 views)
CIHuntR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:36   #2
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Not a bad read. Thanks
Bryan
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 13:36   #3
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Nice piece and it would be great if it really worked that way. The truth of the matter was in my time, and I do not imagine that much has changed from what I have heard, that there are too many rice bowls to be protected that interfere with SF getting what they need, when they need it, in the form they need it, and with the protection and blessings from the god of all intelligence managers so that they can actually do things like LLSOs and their own spotting, recruiting, vetting, and managing.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:16   #4
CIHuntR1
Asset

Agree with your comment to a large degree about things not really working that way. Much of it is wishful thinking in the broad current state. As we were writing it, most of my time was still doing one-off responses to teams down range that are supposed to have more resources and other reachbacks.

But until we crank out the fixes, hopefully it can be of some reference as an ideal or best practices goal. In the pockets that Jerry and I have been able to influence and actually build such a framework for mission support, it has been an awesome power tool to enhance the teams' activities. There are a number of other instances where it is in place and working like the design.

Aside from the rice bowls and bureaucracy, what are other challenges you all see in it?
CIHuntR1 is offline   Reply With Quote