Old 07-21-2004, 10:51   #1
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Board viewing question

ADMINS-

I looked in FAQ's with no answer.

I recently changed my monitor resolution to 1024x768.

Subsequently, I have noticed that attached pics are not taking up the full width available in the format of the board before scrolling is necessary to be used to see the entire pic. I could have made them bigger and offer more detail.

What preference in resolution do you want the viewing of this board to be as a default? That way, everyone can edit their pics to fit on the screen without scrolling. In other words, should the pics be sized for a 800x600 or 1024x768?
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:12   #2
Dan
Administrators

Recommend that they be sized so they fit for into the forum for a 800x600 desktop resolution. Reasons:

1. A Majority of users run at 800x600 and was what I used for the main web site also. The number of folks that upgrade their monitors are using a larger resolution, but it still is best to use 800x600 for the time being.
2. The larger the image the larger image will be in the database, which has grown substantially over the past 6 months (vbulletin unlike other forums stores posted images directly in the forum database).
3. Recommend only using either a .jpg or .gif image format. .jpg if your posting a photograph or scan, as a .gif is max 256 colors and is best for animations or transparent images used in web sites or avatars. If there is a need for someone posting a large image or an image in .bmp .tiff .png formats then email it to me. I'll put it on the server and provide you a link to it directly. This will save tremendously on the database size.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:17   #3
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Roger.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote