Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 04-21-2008, 15:59   #1
gagners
Asshat 6

Seat cover/vehicle OPS

As a PL in Iraqistan, I carried my personal kit but, whenever I needed to shoot and was in/next to my HMMWV, I would use mags from an ammo can bolted next to my seat - if I had to leave the truck, I still had the 300rds in my vest.

Ammo can was great, but looking for a way to do the same without having to fabricate something on the ground and something we can train with here before deployment and take with us.

Saw these on OPTACTICAL.com, wondering if anyone has used/trained with them? Only for the backseat, I know, but can have xtra mags, IFAKs, etc in arm's reach without touching your kit.

I searched extensively and did not find a thread covering this item. Thank you for any comments.

http://www.optactical.com/mobility.html

edited to add link.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg optacticalgear_1999_25576406.jpg (75.9 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg optacticalgear_1999_25492384.jpg (81.2 KB, 88 views)
Old 04-21-2008, 17:11   #2
11Ber
Quiet Professional

In Afghanistan our company SOP was the bandoleer that was issued with the MOLLE gear. We would drape it over the seats with 6 mags per. Not the most effective but better than nothing.
11Ber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 17:16   #3
hotshot
Quiet Professional

Seat Cover

We had them last trip, and from what I hear they have been around for a while. I think they are great. We like anything that can maximize the space available. Fortunately we have the latitude to modify our vehicles.

Just make sure that they fit the new kevlar-type seats that are out there.

CH
hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:06   #4
gagners
Asshat 6

Thanks fellas.

Anyone else?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:30   #5
Psywar1-0
Guerrilla

The Wife got me something like this out of a Jeep catalog as a Christmas present. I would hope that something purpose built for tactical vehicles, vice for jeeper would hold up. The Smittybuilt Jeep cover is worse than Airsoft Gear

Alot of folks where I work have been using plate carriers sometimes with or without plates in an application similar to this.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:31   #6
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagners View Post
As a PL in Iraqistan, I carried my personal kit but, whenever I needed to shoot and was in/next to my HMMWV, I would use mags from an ammo can bolted next to my seat - if I had to leave the truck, I still had the 300rds in my vest.

Ammo can was great, but looking for a way to do the same without having to fabricate something on the ground and something we can train with here before deployment and take with us.

Saw these on OPTACTICAL.com, wondering if anyone has used/trained with them? Only for the backseat, I know, but can have xtra mags, IFAKs, etc in arm's reach without touching your kit.

I searched extensively and did not find a thread covering this item. Thank you for any comments.

http://www.optactical.com/mobility.html

edited to add link.
gagners,

If you have riggers within your unit you can MAYBE get them you make them for you. You just have to add your own Pouches or Mag holders. Also a case of beer or bottle or 2 of something helps out too.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote