Old 10-29-2021, 13:50   #1921
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

I've decided not to post in any more COVID-related threads - instead, I'm going to start doing something positive that will stimulate the mind instead of beating down people's emotional states.
What went wrong

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 14:05   #1922
Box
Quiet Professional

The joke is on you...

I haven't been posting COVID-related content in this thread.

What I have been doing is creating a multi-thread word jumble. In fact, ff you enter the text from every one of my posts since 5 October into a Gonculator and run the de-scramble and translate functions, you'll find that none of my content is addressing COVID related issues - it's actually a long rambling poem about the importance of "following the science" written in Iambic Pentameter.

Don't feel bad - it's a pretty complicated algorithm: a polyphonetically grouped 20-square-digit key transposed in boustrophedonic form with multiple nulls - I wrote it using a Drogans Decoder Wheel...
...but you can alo break the code with a gonculator.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 10-29-2021 at 14:10.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 19:11   #1923
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
...but you can alo break the code with a gonculator.
How many Box tops and what's the shipping & handling?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 22:03   #1924
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
How many Box tops and what's the shipping & handling?
You can't mail-order a Gonculator. They are hand built by Tech Sergeant Andrew Carter - sadly, Tech Sgt Carter passed away in 2003.

There is an old urban legend that you could get a drogans decoder wheel from a package of Lucky Charms - that is complete nonsense - the decoder wheels are only issued to Grade-19 FSB agents.

...I've already said too much.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 10-30-2021, 01:09   #1925
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Quote:
You can't mail-order a Gonculator. They are hand built by Tech Sergeant Andrew Carter - sadly, Tech Sgt Carter passed away in 2003.

There is an old urban legend that you could get a drogans decoder wheel from a package of Lucky Charms - that is complete nonsense - the decoder wheels are only issued to Grade-19 FSB agents.

...I've already said too much.
Pump the brakes there, son. We GLG-20s also have access to the Drogan's Decoder Wheel. You FSB-19 types are always thinking you're sooo high speed.
Old 10-30-2021, 12:32   #1926
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMAHAWK9521 View Post
Pump the brakes there, son. We GLG-20s also have access to the Drogan's Decoder Wheel. You FSB-19 types are always thinking you're sooo high speed.
I said level-19 FSB agents were ISSUED the device but by the time they make GLG-20 every self-respecting agent would have already memorized the wheel. I hope you're just kidding about still needing the wheel as a crutch.

...not judging because I was a medic (which is why I'm such a big fan of corona)

Old 10-31-2021, 01:23   #1927
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I said level-19 FSB agents were ISSUED the device but by the time they make GLG-20 every self-respecting agent would have already memorized the wheel. I hope you're just kidding about still needing the wheel as a crutch.

...not judging because I was a medic (which is why I'm such a big fan of corona)
Clarification understood. As I was.
Old 10-31-2021, 12:05   #1928
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

A few thoughts on unintended consequences.

A certain percentage of the population is willing to quit their jobs rather than submit to jab mandates.
https://www.audacy.com/news/5-of-adu...ation-mandates

Many in power, whether it be employers or government, shrug this off and consider it an acceptable loss.
They consider this percentage replaceable, but there is a fundamental error they’re making in their logic.

They are assuming that employees are fungible.
The reality: not all employees are equal in their productivity.

There is an idea called Price’s Law which proposes that half the productivity comes from the square root of the number of people in an organization.
Example: for a group of 100, half the productivity comes from 10 people.

It is debatable as to the exact math, but there is some general truth to it.
A certain number of employees are hyper productive.

Why this idea matters to the jab mandate:
-Just who are the employees that are willing and able to quit?

I propose that the employees who are willing and able to quit primarily come from that subset of hyper productive employees.
(This is not to imply that those who did get the jab can’t also be from among the hyper productive).

If they have the skills and/or resources to be able to quit they are probably highly competent.
The same competence that gives you such options tends to be the same competence that makes you good at your job.

The loss in productivity is likely to be far greater than the attrition rate would indicate.
Furthermore, employers and jurisdictions which resist the mandates are likely to benefit from an influx of these highly productive employees.

People aren’t interchangeable pawns.
I suspect government and some businesses are about to learn this the hard way.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 12:22   #1929
bubba
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
A few thoughts on unintended consequences.

A certain percentage of the population is willing to quit their jobs rather than submit to jab mandates.
https://www.audacy.com/news/5-of-adu...ation-mandates

Many in power, whether it be employers or government, shrug this off and consider it an acceptable loss.
They consider this percentage replaceable, but there is a fundamental error they’re making in their logic.

They are assuming that employees are fungible.
The reality: not all employees are equal in their productivity.

There is an idea called Price’s Law which proposes that half the productivity comes from the square root of the number of people in an organization.
Example: for a group of 100, half the productivity comes from 10 people.

It is debatable as to the exact math, but there is some general truth to it.
A certain number of employees are hyper productive.

Why this idea matters to the jab mandate:
-Just who are the employees that are willing and able to quit?

I propose that the employees who are willing and able to quit primarily come from that subset of hyper productive employees.
(This is not to imply that those who did get the jab can’t also be from among the hyper productive).

If they have the skills and/or resources to be able to quit they are probably highly competent.
The same competence that gives you such options tends to be the same competence that makes you good at your job.

The loss in productivity is likely to be far greater than the attrition rate would indicate.
Furthermore, employers and jurisdictions which resist the mandates are likely to benefit from an influx of these highly productive employees.

People aren’t interchangeable pawns.
I suspect government and some businesses are about to learn this the hard way.
I agree with the “math” of what you are promoting here, but would argue that there is a better than average chance that what is happening isn’t a symptom but the plan.

When, not if, the productivity goes down, then the “powers that be” can “blame” those who refused the jab. At the same time, they (the “powerful”) will have a good indicator of just who the “real problem children” are in any given group.

The “powerful” despise those with Free Will and the Courage to stand by their Convictions. The people who think they’re in charge want to actually be in charge of slaves who do as they’re told.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 12:38   #1930
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
I agree with the “math” of what you are promoting here, but would argue that there is a better than average chance that what is happening isn’t a symptom but the plan.

When, not if, the productivity goes down, then the “powers that be” can “blame” those who refused the jab. At the same time, they (the “powerful”) will have a good indicator of just who the “real problem children” are in any given group.

The “powerful” despise those with Free Will and the Courage to stand by their Convictions. The people who think they’re in charge want to actually be in charge of slaves who do as they’re told.
This.
Pride goeth before the fall.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:54   #1931
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
The joke is on you...

I haven't been posting COVID-related content in this thread.

you'll find that none of my content is addressing COVID related issues - it's actually a long rambling poem about the importance of "following the science" written in Iambic Pentameter.
"Rambling"...Bahahahahaha...

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:55   #1932
Airbornelawyer

So, as we enter November, how many people do you suppose are not going to die of the cold or flu in this cold and flu season and instead be counted as COVID 19 deaths?
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:17   #1933
cbtengr
Area Commander

I think it is time to put this to bed. Especially when you can turn on college football or the World Series and see literally tens of thousands of fans sitting on top of each other from sea to shining sea. They are obviously not consumed with thoughts of the virus they are just ready to get on with their lives.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:37   #1934
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
I think it is time to put this to bed. Especially when you can turn on college football or the World Series and see literally tens of thousands of fans sitting on top of each other from sea to shining sea. They are obviously not consumed with thoughts of the virus they are just ready to get on with their lives.
LET'S GO BRANDON...........
Old 11-03-2021, 20:42   #1935
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
The “Next ICU Wave” in this diabolical plan to keep COVID going through the ‘22/‘24 election season.

It’s funny (not funny ha ha but,) when a hospital with 20 ICU beds says we’re completely full and in crisis mode in a community of 250,000 people. Because you know 100% full sounds so much more dire than “we are almost always at 80% capacity during normal hospitalization admissions throughout the year.”

Same holds true for a city such as Houston, TX., with over a thousand ICU beds and 11,000,000 people because you know less than .02% is still just less than .02%.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote