Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > Special Forces Qualification Course

Old 01-24-2022, 21:06   #16
Box
Quiet Professional

The US Army adopting a manufactured pop culture flash in the pan hip hop artist as a source for its philosophical social media captions to random PR photos is right in line with John Blutarsky conjuring up memories of the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:08   #17
Hacksaw
Quiet Professional

At age 50 I went back into the Guard, I had 15 years active mostly with 7th and 10 more years with 20th but didn't retire because my ex-wife could have gotten half my retirement, so I was out for several years. With that said, I went back in but joined an Infantry unit down the road from me (Scouts with 3/116th INF 29th ID) with the idea I could help them build an effective Scout/Sniper section plus I didn't want to be the old guy on a 20th/19th SFG ODA that won't admit his best days are behind him.

Over half my Scouts could not pass the PT test...I don't mean like have a 270 or above, I mean pass at the lowest level. I then became an Infantry instructor where we were putting females through training, a place they do not belong but honestly, most were tougher than the men. Then I became a Warrant officer and was written up in training for calling several of my class mates out for being sissies (I would have been thrown out if I said pussies, plus I have too much respect for pussy to elevate my fellow WOC's). Now as a 131A in a unit filled with millennials I have found that the Army I joined in 84 is a fossil. It is the Guard, so, I take that into consideration, but combat has not changed at the most basic level, you have to walk with heavy shit on, take a dump in front of your friends, and accept being too hot or too cold. As an AWG advisor I found few units capable and the Guard is WAY behind them.

I told my son to go into the Marines, be part of something, train hard, get liquored up leave, chase pussy, be a warrior. That concept no longer exists in the Army
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 15:36   #18
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Ok...this becoming another one of those depressing readiness threads...I'll say it again...at least we've got the Space Force!
Old 02-17-2022, 08:12   #19
Hacksaw
Quiet Professional

Sorry to depress you SQ but the Army does not get the meateaters we need. Honestly, if there were tabbed females when I came in in 1984 I would have gone to the Rangers or the Marines....hell, even the SEALs for that matter. Our leadership in SF has totally failed the Regiment the last few decades. In the mid 90's we were letting Joes pass that couldn't swim, had GT's below 110, and pushed them to Group for a team to fix. I'd rather see us have 3 SF Groups fully capable then 5 that are marginal.
Old 02-17-2022, 18:34   #20
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
Sorry to depress you SQ but the Army does not get the meateaters we need. Honestly, if there were tabbed females when I came in in 1984 I would have gone to the Rangers or the Marines....hell, even the SEALs for that matter. Our leadership in SF has totally failed the Regiment the last few decades. In the mid 90's we were letting Joes pass that couldn't swim, had GT's below 110, and pushed them to Group for a team to fix. I'd rather see us have 3 SF Groups fully capable then 5 that are marginal.
Just go slower?

https://taskandpurpose.com/opinion/s...ons-women/?amp

Politics and pressure are sabotaging women in special operations
Heavy-handed policy has been applied like a hammer to a task for a scalpel.
Old 02-17-2022, 19:06   #21
bubba
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailaviborita View Post
Just go slower?

https://taskandpurpose.com/opinion/s...ons-women/?amp

Politics and pressure are sabotaging women in special operations
Heavy-handed policy has been applied like a hammer to a task for a scalpel.
The solution to this whole “women in SOF” stupidity is simple. Put the first split-tail GB on the next JCET to Saudi Arabia. Let the system do the rest. I don’t care if she’s the baddest, smartest, fastest chick ever. The rest of the entire uncivilized world doesn’t have any kind of “women’s lib”. If she ain’t in 10th Group and in Germany or France, then she’s a liability. Period. Full Stop.

So go ahead 1st SFC, try that shit and see what happens when reality meets ideology.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 06:21   #22
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

The Right People:

Why would we QP's of History expect ODA's to have warriors like Jerry Shiver, Dave Dolby, Ola Mize and Bob Howard in Group when we have low-life people at the top of the Chain of Command. The POTUS is a career brain dead grifter politician, The Sec. of Defense in a job way over his capabilities, The 5 sided puzzle palace, I can only guess what is running that shit show... The U S Military is the "Rodney Dangerfield" of the worlds armed forces... They get no respect, because, they don't earn or deserve it... Yea, we got a nuclear arsenal, but , There is no one with the balls to pull the trigger.... Our enemies are the first to discover our weakness, Putin knows our politicians that are in office so does China, Iran and North Korea. Today it's the Ukraine, tomorrow Taiwan...
Old 02-18-2022, 09:26   #23
69harley
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
The solution to this whole “women in SOF” stupidity is simple. Put the first split-tail GB on the next JCET to Saudi Arabia. Let the system do the rest. I don’t care if she’s the baddest, smartest, fastest chick ever. The rest of the entire uncivilized world doesn’t have any kind of “women’s lib”. If she ain’t in 10th Group and in Germany or France, then she’s a liability. Period. Full Stop.

So go ahead 1st SFC, try that shit and see what happens when reality meets ideology.

This is happening right now in 3rd, but not to Saudi.
69harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 06:18   #24
Hacksaw
Quiet Professional

Rather than test out Chick berets on a team it would have been nice had they just made all high school and colligate sports co-ed and observe how that turns out. My assumption is that the loss of money forcing college sports to integrate would be a pretty big deal and to have it solely based on merit would effectively eliminate any females on any teams ever.

Interesting article Bubba, I stopped reading Task and Purpose several years ago due to their contributors, the CEO was a Force Recon officer, surprisingly, and we got into a heated debate over a similar issue of co-ed units. He seems to be a fan
Old 02-19-2022, 07:31   #25
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Rather than test out Chick berets on a team it would have been nice had they just made all high school and colligate sports co-ed and observe how that turns out.

Great euphemism, currently playing out at your kids HS..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 14:19   #26
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

I'll see your Tweet and raise you a commercial.....

https://youtu.be/nVUcevfmzEM
Old 03-21-2022, 09:32   #27
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
stopped reading Task and Purpose several years ago due to their contributors...
Task & Purpose is basically Buzzfeed in camo.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 19:49   #28
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
it would have been nice had they just made all high school and colligate sports co-ed and observe how that turns out. My assumption is that the loss of money forcing college sports to integrate would be a pretty big deal and to have it solely based on merit would effectively eliminate any females on any teams ever.
um...it's already taking place, except the term is not coed but tra........
The result of biology meets ideology is just as predicted, but no loss of money so far.

I don't recognize my country anymore

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:39   #29
Hacksaw
Quiet Professional

First, awesome video, truly inspired me to be more inclusive as well as hate my genitals.
Second, I'll double down on my previous statement, I say make it mandatory to have at least 1/3 of every High School football, baseball, lacrosse and wrestling team be female and must play at least half of every game./meet...no chicks...no playing.

I just want to see the data, you know, what's the "Science" have to say about it?
Old 04-11-2022, 17:41   #30
Scimitar
Area Commander

Quote:
First, awesome video, truly inspired me to be more inclusive as well as hate my genitals.
lol, classic.

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote