Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 08-06-2022, 09:00   #1
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Future of this Country

I would like to see the Republican Party simply run this clip as their campaign ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loBe0WXtts8

"Are you better off today than you were four years ago?"

No one said it better.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 09:26   #2
Box
Quiet Professional

Sadly, I don't think there are any republicans left to run that ad.

Many of the republicans from the Regan era seem to have voted for either Brandon or Bill Clinton's wife in the last two elections.
...Regan's VP and his VPs two sons all turned out to be more progressive-globalist than actual conservative republicans.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 10:12   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Thanks for the reminder TR

Box, there are some fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxNews

Boebert to take shot across GOP leadership's bow in CPAC speech:

"I wish I could tell you that I had full faith in GOP leadership in both the House and Senate to defund the deep state and to hold the Biden regime accountable," she's expected to say.

"But I don’t. I’ve been disappointed too many times."

"And any member of Congress, from freshmen to those in leadership, who won’t fight with me to end medical tyranny, secure the southern border and fire Anthony Fauci, they will not have my support. Not in their re-election and certainly not for speaker," Boebert's speech continues.

"The Freedom Caucus fired John Boehner, ran off squishy Paul Ryan and we will not tolerate another GOP speaker that works with Democrats more than Republicans.

"House Republicans must stop funding tyranny. I will not vote to fund a government that mandates the COVID vaccine while allowing our country to be invaded by millions of unvaccinated aliens. End the vax mandate for our hospital workers and service members, build the wall or I’m voting to shut down Biden’s bureaucrats."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/boe...too-many-times.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 18:16   #4
Surf n Turf
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I would like to see the Republican Party simply run this clip as their campaign ad.

No one said it better.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR

TR,
I’ve attached President Ronald Reagan's Farewell Address to the nation, and as I listened, I believed he was sure prescient in the items he covered.

SnT

[url] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjECSv8KFN4

Democrats would burn down this country as long as they get to rule over the ashes

The FBI’s credibility was murdered by a sniper on Ruby Ridge; its corpse was burned to ashes outside Waco; soiled in a Delaware PC repair shop;. and buried in the basement of Mar-a-Lago..
Surf n Turf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 21:18   #5
Stobey
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf n Turf View Post
TR,
I’ve attached President Ronald Reagan's Farewell Address to the nation, and as I listened, I believed he was sure prescient in the items he covered.

SnT

[url] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjECSv8KFN4

I just watched that video - and yes, it made me cry a bit. Oh, how far we have fallen. That doesn't mean I give up. It's just that I realize the nation, under Ronald Reagan, was a very different nation from what exists today. May Almighty God help us.
Old 08-16-2022, 21:34   #6
Box
Quiet Professional

It's the same nation that declared its independence from tyrants that used the oppression of forced taxation and armed government enforcers over 240 years ago.

It's the same nation that helped Abe Lincoln end slavery.
The same nation that helped end WW1
The same nation that liberated Europe in the 1940's and ended WW2
The same nation that produced the 1969 Mets
The same nation that produced the 1976 Olympic Decathlon Gold Medal Winner
The same nation that bankrupted the USSR
The same nation that levied a blood tariff on al Quade and ISIS
The same nation that worshipped Bill Clinton
The same nation that worshipped Barak Hussien Obama
The same nation that champions drag queen story hour
The same nation that turned the 1976 Olympic Decathlon Gold Medal Winner into Glamour Magazines Woman of the Year
The same nation that produced Beavis and Butthead

... it's just being run by a bunch of fucking seditious retards
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Last edited by Box; 08-16-2022 at 21:52.
Old 08-16-2022, 23:13   #7
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
The same nation that produced Beavis and Butthead
Beavis and Butthead are veritable paragons of wisdom.
Their insight into the subtleties of identity politics and ability to reach across the idealogical isle represents a beacon of hope for the future.

https://youtu.be/iS9Bf12Mby8

Longer version:
https://youtu.be/N8mzQKl1LH8
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 14:39   #8
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
Beavis and Butthead are veritable paragons of wisdom.
You'll notice that I have conspicuously used "Soldier Beavis" as my avatar for well over a decade.

A deep and thoughtful study of the inner workings of "Beavis and Butthead" would show a prophetic look into the future of this country. When these two dysfunctional students from Highland High School burst into the public consciousness almost 30 years ago they gave us a glimpse at what our country would look when their generation reached middle age...
...narcissistic, self indulgent, greedy, aimless, and socially disconnected citizens that are only interested in themselves.

A nation addicted to instant gratification, hypnotized by assuming that whatever they saw on TV was the next best thing to reality.
For fuck sake; they tried digging for oil in their back yard because they watched a rerun of a 30 year old SITCOM and figured, if the Beverly Hillbillies could strike oil and become rich, then so could they...
...here we are; 30 years later watching our youth eating tide pods, dumping ice on their heads, licking toilets seats, punching old people, and even hosting “COVID parties”

All the while demanding that the government pay off their student loans because their esoteric Degree in Memeology from the University of Texas at Austin (dont laugh - look it up for yourself) still hasn't produced that six figure starting salary that they thought it should.

Beavis and Butthead are fortune tellers that showed us 30 years ago what 2022 was going to look like - we just didn't pay attention.

Last edited by Box; 08-17-2022 at 14:46.
Old 08-24-2022, 14:41   #9
Penn
Area Commander

There is nothing like seeing a plan come together.

the 1st thing i noticed on College campuses in the fall of 2007, BHO would take office 1/20/2008, while attending UPenn, I was shocked at how segregation was being reestablished in the school as each group was given room/space, club/meeting room, that disallowed any non group member to enter. All based in tribalism, BHO fingerprints all over the messaging. Now the fruits of that labor are being harvested, having spent the past 3 graduation cycle improving that conditioning and Anti-Americanism, they have found their loyal recruits waiting, as jobs are tough to come by in a stalled economic recession.
YMMV

https://www.westernjournal.com/watch...5cc360fc2b0823
TO SEE THE VIDEO GO TO THE FINDER SECTION TYPE IN IRS RECRUITING..

The Internal Revenue Service is recruiting college students by giving them a taste of what it feels like to take down a tax evader.

But Republican Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky has doubts that the recruitment initiative is going to benefit the American people. He shared a clip of an April report on what the IRS has dubbed the “Adrian Project.”

“In case you thought the IRS needed 87,000 more agents to help you with your tax returns and audit billionaires, watch this: Highlights from the IRS Adrian recruiting project,” he tweeted on Wednesday.

“Notice the scenario in this IRS recruiting program is ‘taking down a landscape business owner who failed to properly report how he paid for his vehicles,’ not ‘taking down a billionaire who uses the corporate jet for private trips,'” Massie added on Friday.

The recruitment event highlighted in the video took place at Dixie State University in St. George, Utah. It was reported by the university’s Community Education Channel.

St. George, Utah (btdt) deep southern part of Utah Devout Mormons

Link to original video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=y7klDi9ekzc

Last edited by Penn; 08-24-2022 at 14:54.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 19:56   #10
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
“Notice the scenario in this IRS recruiting program is ‘taking down a landscape business owner who failed to properly report how he paid for his vehicles,’ not ‘taking down a billionaire who uses the corporate jet for private trips,'” Massie added on Friday.
Quick impression and a comment. Stark is the young lady prospect saying up front that 20 yrs then out with a pension, sooner you get in, sooner you get out & then go start a business and do something else. The IRS are going to get exactly who they're looking for.

Observation: This is another of the cogs in the machine that is going to generate more of "the guy who's lost everything and now has nothing left to lose." We know such people are completely harmless, right?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 13:10   #11
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post

No one said it better.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR
MMDV
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:42   #12
rsdengler
Area Commander

That video is spot on, too bad we don't have someone like that in this era.

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:04   #13
mark46th
Quiet Professional

After the FBI's actions against Trump at Mar Lago, we need to get off our collective asses and vote the democrats out...
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:55   #14
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
After the FBI's actions against Trump at Mar Lago, we need to get off our collective asses and vote the democrats out...
Our votes no longer count, it's the vote counter that rules. November 2020 proved that.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 19:28   #15
2018commo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Our votes no longer count, it's the vote counter that rules. November 2020 proved that.
If voting mattered, they wouldn’t let us do it.

Jump Street Never Ends

“There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go, no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone”

"Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you"
2018commo is offline   Reply With Quote